IGNORED

No Kodjia in the squad today...

DaveF

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Sad to see him go but £14m is massive money. 

Hopefully gives us the spending power to get someone like Bamford, Rhodes, Ings, Asombolonga. 

Letting one of the strongest players of the team go is always hard to accept, especially if he's a fans favourite too.

If Kodjia's move to Derby and the amount of the transfer fee wiill be confirmed,there could be three possible scenarios:

1) a part of the money would cover this summer's most expensive arrivals (Tomlin, Magnusson etc. ), and the rest could be used for a good striker;

2) all the money could be used to buy a high-profile striker (ex: Rhodes);

3) we could bring a low-cost striker (second choice after Tammy), trying to bolster our team in different roles (Richardson,Paterson, etc.).

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

"We wouldn't sell him to anybody in in the Championship because we're looking to compete in the Championship this year, and he's an integral part of that," Lansdown added.

"If it's not £10 million-plus, we're not even looking at it. If it's £10 million-plus from a Championship club, we're still not looking at it.

and trust me on Tinman and redeveloping AG is not an option

33 minutes ago, Dan Robin said:

Letting one of the strongest players of the team go is always hard to accept, especially if he's a fans favourite too.

If Kodjia's move to Derby and the amount of the transfer fee wiill be confirmed,there could be three possible scenarios:

1) a part of the money would cover this summer's most expensive arrivals (Tomlin, Magnusson etc. ), and the rest could be used for a good striker;

2) all the money could be used to buy a high-profile striker (ex: Rhodes);

3) we could bring a low-cost striker (second choice after Tammy), trying to bolster our team in different roles (Richardson,Paterson, etc.).

I would think the profit from Bolasie would cover Magnusson and Tomlins transfers?  I don't get all this perceived happiness about Kodjia's departure for an apparent 14m (Probably 10?), i think i'll wait and see who we replace him with, until I consider it a good deal?, money in the banks no good if you have lost a 20 goal a season striker……….and there are 4 days left of the window to get in a quality replacement, who will now cost over the odds, as it has become a sellers market.  ………..And I didn't realise Derby were a Premiership club Mr Lansdown?

If we have sold him for anything in the region of £10m that is brilliant.

A possible one season wonder, who has not learnt the language,  never given an interview, and has failed to score this season.  The jury is firmly out on whether he is more than a one season wonder.  Predict he'll be back in France within 18 months

We already have Tammy, who clearly wants to play with us and said so publicly.  

We will obviously bring in extra quality by the deadline

BELIEVE

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

If we have sold him for anything in the region of £10m that is brilliant.

A possible one season wonder, who has not learnt the language,  never given an interview, and has failed to score this season.  The jury is firmly out on whether he is more than a one season wonder.  Predict he'll be back in France within 18 months

We already have Tammy, who clearly wants to play with us and said so publicly.  

We will obviously bring in extra quality by the deadline

BELIEVE

3 hours ago, RedSA said:

Maybe wait and see if they have any lined up first before throwing a strop?

Fair enough being pissed off if we end up light, but at least see what happens. 

I don't think I've ever thrown a strip like I did earlier on here.

Firstly I will apologise as it was a heat of the moment peed of moment!.

The 2nd half today has cheered me up!!! 

It does seem that the BEP has it wrong ( why did I believe it in the first place) and he isn't going to Derby anyway.

If he does leave, let's get someone in first.... please!

This worries me. More than want him to stay but i wonder what all this transfer talk does to the players head and ultimately how this might affect his performances on the pitch.

Hope this all gets sorted one way or another asap.  Either he goes (for the money being quoted) or he stays and the club release a joint player/club statement with a definitive stance to demonstrate commitment. Then we can draw a line under it and move on.

Uncertainty is how the rot starts!

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

How much will Kodjia help us if he doesn't want to be here and play for the club?

If the figures quoted are correct then I think most City fans feel that Derby are paying over the odds, so why would;t we be prepared to pay "over the odds" in order to get the best replacement? I also suspect that  LJ and MA must have considered the possibility of losing Kodjia this summer, so would be very surprised if they haven't got targets ready to go.

A no brainer deal to see Kodjia as far as I am concerned.

It all depends if we are serious about competing in this league, if we aren't then sell him!

We wont pay the wages 'and' pay over the odds for someone, it's not the way SL does things.

If Kodjia goes ( which I'm now not convinced he will)  we would then have a Chelsea loanee and a late 30's player as our only two strikers, I personally don't feel that is very good for a hard season in this division.

Just now, Woolford's Hairband said:

What is the Abraham situation? If a club like the looks of him after his blazing start and put a respectable bid in to Chelsea, could he potentially go as well?

Not sure but I don't think Chelsea will be minded to sell. 

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I don't think I've ever thrown a strip like I did earlier on here.

Firstly I will apologise as it was a heat of the moment peed of moment!.

The 2nd half today has cheered me up!!! 

It does seem that the BEP has it wrong ( why did I believe it in the first place) and he isn't going to Derby anyway.

If he does leave, let's get someone in first.... please!

Where as I get where your coming from, for me....Kodjia is done here now. LJ saying his head isnt in the right place says it all. He doesnt want to be here. 

Mark Ashton isnt stupid. This isnt suprising news and im confident there are irons in the fire. 

I believe Kodjia has wanted out for some time. All the cryptic messages on social media about "thinking about his future" and then deleting all his City photos. Rumours  saying he didnt want to play at Scunthorpe. Bollocks to him.

Im fed up with players like Forrestieri and now maybe Kodjia, earning a massive wage...and then doing things like this to the club and fans who have supported them

I personally think Kodjia is a gutless runt. Thank god we have a squad of players who are showing some real grit and passion for this club . Said it on another thread, this group of lads are showing real guts and determination so far this season.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Where as I get where your coming from, for me....Kodjia is done here now. LJ saying his head isnt in the right place says it all. He doesnt want to be here. 

Mark Ashton isnt stupid. This isnt suprising news and im confident there are irons in the fire. 

I believe Kodjia has wanted out for some time. All the cryptic messages on social media about "thinking about his future" and then deleting all his City photos. Rumours  saying he didnt want to play at Scunthorpe. Bollocks to him.

Im fed up with players like Forrestieri and now maybe Kodjia, earning a massive wage...and then doing things like this to the club and fans who have supported them

I personally think Kodjia is a runt. Thank god we have a squad of players who are showing some real grit and passion for this club . Said it on another thread, this group of lads are showing real guts and determination so far this season.

I have absolutely no issue with Kodjia wanting out.

He's had a good season, he's coveted and will earn us a significant profit, he's not got too many years left so has to grasp all opportunities and, our 20 goal striker has after a couple of games found himself out out wide right. 

As soon as I heard at Norwich he was out there I thought if he had any desire to go that would cement it. At 27 and off the back of that season he needs to either grasp his chance on a move now or build momentum and get the move in Jan or next summer. Playing him out of position when he did wonders last year really could put the brakes on a reputation he was building. Frankly, I wonder why he wouldn't have a strop and want to leave? 

40 minutes ago, WesM said:

Someone has been telling porkies somewhere then? 

Club: There have been no bids for Kodjia

LJ: We've received a number of bids

I thought that too. Lee said number of bids 'back in the Summer' like he was inferring it was a while ago, nothing recent. Also said these bids didn't match our valuation. 

I also remember as others have said about no way we would sell to a rival. 

Lets just see what happens, we did okay today without Kodjia, but can see we need similar or better to replace him. Tammy limped off today and Wilbs can't play game after game.

I trust Mark Ashton to be as diligent when handling the outgoings as he has been in the incomings. Other clubs have batted off our interest in their players, I'm sure if it's best for our club we will do the same.

34 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

It all depends if we are serious about competing in this league, if we aren't then sell him!

We wont pay the wages 'and' pay over the odds for someone, it's not the way SL does things.

If Kodjia goes ( which I'm now not convinced he will)  we would then have a Chelsea loanee and a late 30's player as our only two strikers, I personally don't feel that is very good for a hard season in this division.

If we are serious about competing in this league, how would it help our chances to keep a player who really doesn't want to be here?

His goalscoring form this season is in marked contrast to the 18 year old Chelsea loanee, and if the club are going to take the money for Kodjia's transfer them I am more confident now than I would have been pre LJ and MA that a replacement(s) are already lined up.

While I agree that Sl won';t want to pay over the odds, he also not a fool. If we got £10m for Kodjia, then SL will know this is a fantastic deal for us, but only if he is replaced with a player or players who keep us as competitive. I don't expect us to got for someone like Rhodes on £40-50000 per week wages, but we seem to have got our act together as far as scouting and with that I would expect SL to be prepared to pay very good money for the right players.

Perhaps now we all need to have more confidence in the club's management, as they do all seem to be signing from the same hymnsheet and I reckon SL has a lot of confidence in them as well.

4 minutes ago, downendcity said:

If we are serious about competing in this league, how would it help our chances to keep a player who really doesn't want to be here?

His goalscoring form this season is in marked contrast to the 18 year old Chelsea loanee, and if the club are going to take the money for Kodjia's transfer them I am more confident now than I would have been pre LJ and MA that a replacement(s) are already lined up.

While I agree that Sl won';t want to pay over the odds, he also not a fool. If we got £10m for Kodjia, then SL will know this is a fantastic deal for us, but only if he is replaced with a player or players who keep us as competitive. I don't expect us to got for someone like Rhodes on £40-50000 per week wages, but we seem to have got our act together as far as scouting and with that I would expect SL to be prepared to pay very good money for the right players.

Perhaps now we all need to have more confidence in the club's management, as they do all seem to be signing from the same hymnsheet and I reckon SL has a lot of confidence in them as well.

Listening to Radio Bristol on the way home they played the tape when SL categorically stated Kodjia will not go the a Championship club, also that if he goes to a Prem club it will have to be 10 million plus. LJ stated that we have had bids for him, but none had met our valuation.

LJ said it was his decision to leave him out today and no one else's.

If Kodjia wants to go then fine, but we 100% need a replacement first, and possibly another right sided striker/winger.

Archived