IGNORED

No Kodjia in the squad today...

DaveF

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

14m? Jesus Christ. I wouldn't blame them if they didn't have anyone lined up at that price. A ridiculous amount. 

If we get 14m in then great but we all know what price every club will quote for a replacements. About 5 mill more than they should.

2 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Wow absolutely crazy money if £14m is true. Good player but I imagine we will be laughing all the way to the bank. Even at £10m that's bonkers money for a striker who is nothing particularly special I don't think. 

He is a natural goalscorer, proven at Championship level.

That makes him special.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Put it another way. If Kodjia wasn't our player but we knew everything we know about him, and we were asked to pay £14m to have him here, would you rather have the player or the money?

I think you'd have to think twice about it at the very least, but my instinct is that it's a better deal for us than it is for Derby.

Exactly. One great season at this level, he does have potential; but 14 million is a price you'd pay for a consistent goal scorer at this level, so it's good business for where Kodjia is at now.

Well played SL, he's played this one a pearler.

Frightens me as to how much Tammy might cost...

19 minutes ago, PaulCheesley said:

Overated!! After seeing Dwight Gayle against us last week, if he had as many chances as Kodja last season he would have score 40!! 

How many would Tammy get with the number of chances Kodjia had last season?

1 minute ago, MigratedRobin said:

The squad is now at skeleton level. :blink:

The squad isn't, the forwards are. LJ and MA are not stupid. They will know full well we need at least one replacement, probably two, and I fully expect them to be pulling the strings behind the scenes to bring someone in. It may even be that we only sanctioned the sale once we knew we had a replacement.

30 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Going to be an exciting deadline day - expect us to spend big

Call me a cynic but I don't see it, SL won't pay over the odds, and everyone knows we have big money.

Im seriously peed off with us ONCE AGAIN selling a striker without having one here already, and as a fan, I don't give a fudge about how much money we make on transfers, I just want to watch my team and keep hold of players that help us.

If we lose today we are on a downward spiral, this season could well be another long struggle.

Yours, Mr peed right off.

11 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

14m is definitely 5m over the odds... Swings & roundabouts. 

Point taken but working on that basis what fee would it be for Andre Gray / Ross McCormack (not that I think we'd be in for them). The market was mad and now it's just plain crazy.

Anyway, better get moving to see the JK less match.

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Call me a cynic but I don't see it, SL won't pay over the odds, and everyone knows we have big money.

Im seriously peed off with us ONCE AGAIN selling a striker without having one here already, and as a fan, I don't give a fudge about how much money we make on transfers, I just want to watch my team and keep hold of players that help us.

If we lose today we are on a downward spiral, this season could well be another long struggle.

Maybe wait and see if they have any lined up first before throwing a strop?

Fair enough being pissed off if we end up light, but at least see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The squad isn't, the forwards are. LJ and MA are not stupid. They will know full well we need at least one replacement, probably two, and I fully expect them to be pulling the strings behind the scenes to bring someone in. It may even be that we only sanctioned the sale once we knew we had a replacement.

I'll be honest, when Albert and even that guy who used to play up front for us who wanted his children to speak with a Milton Keynes accent, I was gutted and worried. It wasn't in our control and it felt like we were bent over a barrel.

This feels different and I'm excited to see what happens between now and Weds.

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

too right other clubs will make us pay and if we don',t big trouble ahead; surely we wont let Kod go without someone else already in the door; the closing transfer window could mean trouble if we aren't up to it.

I'm a bit indifferent about this. 

Lets get this straight, we haven't got 14m for Kodja. We've got 10m if the reports are correct with POTENTIAL add on's. The add ons could be anything. I'm pretty sure one will be promotion and maybe another one on appearances. So if Derby don't get promotion and Kodja breaks his leg we've got 10m. So, with the 10m in the bank, who could you buy for that, that will bag you 20+ goals?

We all know how much 20+ goal scorers cost in this league, you just have to look at Rhodes and Mccormack deals to see that. So is it actually a good deal? They have just paid the going rate for a 20+ goal scorer to a club we should be competing against. The difference is, we've not got to find someone!!! 

1 minute ago, glos old boy said:

too right other clubs will make us pay and if we don',t big trouble ahead; surely we wont let Kod go without someone else already in the door; the closing transfer window could mean trouble if we aren't up to it.

We've had the best summer window for as long as I can remember. This is one area we seem to be getting right, given the summer we've had - I think it would be wise to give LJ and MA the benefit of the doubt. We will replace him this window I'm sure of it.

3 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

I'm a bit indifferent about this. 

Lets get this straight, we haven't got 14m for Kodja, we've got 10m if the reports are correct. The add ons could be anything. I'm pretty sure one will be promotion and maybe another one on appearances. So if Derby don't get promotion and Kodja breaks his leg we've got 10m. So, with the 10m in the bank, who could you buy for that, that will bag you 20+ goals?

We all know how much 20+ goal scorers cost in this league. You just have to look at Rhodes and Mccormack deals to see that. So is it actually a good deal? They love just paid the going rate for a 20+ goal scorer to a club we should be competing again. The difference is, we've not got to find someone!!! 

Fair point

6 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

How much will Kodjia help us if he doesn't want to be here and play for the club?

If the figures quoted are correct then I think most City fans feel that Derby are paying over the odds, so why would;t we be prepared to pay "over the odds" in order to get the best replacement? I also suspect that  LJ and MA must have considered the possibility of losing Kodjia this summer, so would be very surprised if they haven't got targets ready to go.

A no brainer deal to see Kodjia as far as I am concerned.

Archived