IGNORED

Pack : CONTRACT EXTENSION NOW SIGNED

Esmond Million's Bung

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Didn't they just sell Murphy for 5mil?.

£3m raising to £4m if Newcastle get promoted but they also need to get a replacement for Murphy in & Ipswich probably won't spend anywhere near all of that, they seem to of been cutting back for a while now.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'd be happy with a player swap.

Skuse back to City and Pack to the Tractor Boys. 

Win  win situation for City.

Ridiculous.

Why would City swap Pack, 5 years younger than Skuse, (and already at least his equal) for a player who rejected a new contract after stagnating horribly at City previously?

If Skuse is so good why would McCarthy be keen on such a deal?

Just laughable.

If he goes we will be short of defensive central midfield players - just O'Neil and Smith. (I don't think that's Bryan's best position). Unless of course LJ thinks Taylor Moore can play there. He's supposed to be versatile and can play in defensive midfield position

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

If he goes we will be short of defensive central midfield players - just O'Neil and Smith. (I don't think that's Bryan's best position). Unless of course LJ thinks Taylor Moore can play there. He's supposed to be versatile and can play in defensive midfield position

Hopefully Korey won`t be too far away after the international break but it will be tricky until he is back. Josh Brownhill plays there though so that`s another option.

Have to say after promotion, I really wondered if Pack would be able to make the step up. I had few worries about players like Freeman.

Funny how it works out, whenever I have seen him play we look much more solid for his presence. I would feel much more comfortable with him alongside O'Neil, and then when Smith is back, it is two from three. Brownhill whilst very early days has not set the world alight yet, and I just do not see it being Reid's best position. 

One of the real unsung players for me who rarely makes mistakes and is a good solid '7' at this level game after game. I hope this is not a case of LJ just liking his own signings as I believe the squad is weaker without him.

20 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The debate about Skuse and his ability is unresolvable so no point getting into it again. I just feel for those who couldn't see what a top player he was at City.

I do agree tho that Pack has age on his side.

I too rate Cole, who was also a terrific guy. His stagnation was a symptom of the general malaise of the club I thought but as you say that debate has been done to death. I wouldn't swap him for Pack now though.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The debate about Skuse and his ability is unresolvable so no point getting into it again. I just feel for those who couldn't see what a top player he was at City.

I do agree tho that Pack has age on his side.

The debate really is that when Skuse went to Ipswich the timing was correct for both clubs and more importantly the player, the player had stagnated, Ipswich were a club on the up and BCFC were a club on the way down, fast forward 3 years 4 months and the roles are suddenly reversing not only for both clubs but probably for a 30 year old player who experts kept telling us was a premiership player in waiting (sound familiar?) once more stagnating.

To be fair to him, Skuse broke into the team properly after our play-off heartache. Those few years after saw our gradual demise and eventual relegation. Don't want to open the Skuse can of worms debate but wonder if he'd be viewed differently if he'd played during a more successful period at the club ala Pack. One thing is for sure, he's done very well since he left us and Pack has done very well over the last few years. Hope we don't lose him.

Marlon Pack is different than anyone we've got. He's a presence in midfield in the air and has surprised me with his strength and keeping possesion. GON is what Smith will be. I've always said it should be Pack and GON/Smith midfield as GON certainly shouldn't be used for 90 minutes over 46 games. We will need him for next season as well. Need to be mindful. Pack has become one of my favourite players for how well he does his thankless job. For me, easily one of the more impressive holding midfielders I've seen in the championship. I think you could slot him in for any top team and they wouldn't miss a beat. My opinion of course. I truly think he hasn't been used as much as he's CB cover at the moment and with Smith out, better to keep one midfielder fit. Think we will eventually sign Ekstrand and when Smith is back, Pack will play much more. 

10 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

The debate really is that when Skuse went to Ipswich the timing was correct for both clubs and more importantly the player, the player had stagnated, Ipswich were a club on the up and BCFC were a club on the way down, fast forward 3 years 4 months and the roles are suddenly reversing not only for both clubs but probably for a 30 year old player who experts kept telling us was a premiership player in waiting (sound familiar?) once more stagnating.

Can't argue with your points EMB but now would be a perfect time foe Skuse to come home to AG. We all know that LJ likes experienced players around the club and CS  fits the bill perfectly. Plus LJ played alongside Skuse so will very aware of what a good job Skuse does.

Just now, Robbored said:

Can't argue with your points EMB but now would be a perfect time foe Skuse to come home to AG. We all know that LJ likes experienced players around the club and CS  fits the bill perfectly. Plus LJ played alongside Skuse so will very aware of what a good job Skuse does.

Sorry have to disagree totally on that point, these players are so similar they could share the same DNA, but one is 5 years younger IMO a complete waste of a big wage packet + never go back, as much of a legend Scott Murray is, he was never the same player that left us.

Archived