IGNORED

Pack : CONTRACT EXTENSION NOW SIGNED

Esmond Million's Bung

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Can't argue with your points EMB but now would be a perfect time foe Skuse to come home to AG. We all know that LJ likes experienced players around the club and CS  fits the bill perfectly. Plus LJ played alongside Skuse so will very aware of what a good job Skuse does.

Skuse was no fan of Lee's old man so not entirely convinced he'd fancy coming back and playing under a second Johnson.

Think it's clear Pack isn't a favourite of LJ for whatever reason. One league start so far isn't it?

He was outstanding when he came on Saturday and he was one of our best players last season so something must be going on behind the scenes. Maybe it is to do with his dad shouting his mouth off about O'Neil.

Just hope there is nothing in this.

I think CS is slightly different player to MP as Skuse is a defensive midfielder who breaks up play and controls the midfield but Marlon is a more forward looking passing player. As mentioned, LJ knows Skuse well having played together and is a city product.Ipswich going nowhere at the moment so a homecoming could be a possibility and is a very good deputy for GO. Still don't know how long KS will take to get up to speed but it appears LJ is clearing out Cotts signings 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Skuse was no fan of Lee's old man so not entirely convinced he'd fancy coming back and playing under a second Johnson.

That's very true but although LJ has his dad build and sounds like him they are ((fortunately) very different managers. I've had more enjoyment watching LJs teams than in entire time that his dad was in charge.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That's very true but although LJ has his dad build and sounds like him they are ((fortunately) very different managers. I've had more enjoyment watching LJs teams than in entire time that his dad was in charge.

Really? You've never said....

50 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Marlon Pack is different than anyone we've got. He's a presence in midfield in the air and has surprised me with his strength and keeping possesion. GON is what Smith will be. I've always said it should be Pack and GON/Smith midfield as GON certainly shouldn't be used for 90 minutes over 46 games. We will need him for next season as well. Need to be mindful. Pack has become one of my favourite players for how well he does his thankless job. For me, easily one of the more impressive holding midfielders I've seen in the championship. I think you could slot him in for any top team and they wouldn't miss a beat. My opinion of course. I truly think he hasn't been used as much as he's CB cover at the moment and with Smith out, better to keep one midfielder fit. Think we will eventually sign Ekstrand and when Smith is back, Pack will play much more. 

All about opinions Joe, but this time I disagree.  The beauty of Smith and Pack was the old 'one little tenacious one, one good big'un' type partnership.  Pack was used as an aerial screen in front of Flint and Baker last season.  I think Smith and O'Neil will be our first choice when Smith is back and fully up to speed.  O'Neil has shown his strength in the air too, making Marlon slightly less important.

31 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Think it's clear Pack isn't a favourite of LJ for whatever reason. One league start so far isn't it?

He was outstanding when he came on Saturday and he was one of our best players last season so something must be going on behind the scenes. Maybe it is to do with his dad shouting his mouth off about O'Neil.

One league start, I think, because LJ is trying to find a way to get the best out of Tomlin.  I think that he's played Bobby alongside O'Neil the last two home games not because he thinks Bobby us better in CM than Marlon, but because he can see a quicker pass, especially into LT that gives LT that little bit more time and space to be creative.

Marlon still an important part of this squad.  Saturday's 20 minute cameo was an excellent case in point.  He was sharp, strong and keep the fall moving....partly proving a point that the gaffer should've started him.  

We've got cup games and double game weeks to come, nice to see we've got first eleven players on the bench.  You wouldn't mind Pack and Smith, O'Neil and Reid in any combination would you?

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The debate about Skuse and his ability is unresolvable so no point getting into it again. I just feel for those who couldn't see what a top player he was at City.

I do agree tho that Pack has age on his side.

I doubt that City would be interested in doing a cash plus Skuse deal, however Skuse and LJ are buddies so never say never!

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I doubt that City would be interested in doing a cash plus Skuse deal, however Skuse and LJ are buddies so never say never!

I just don't get the Skuse fans , from all accounts a nice lad and City through and through but drove most of the people I know mad , sideways passes most of the time and couldn't tackle to save his life , good at marking space though, prefer Pack any time and really hope he stays 

2 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I just don't get the Skuse fans , from all accounts a nice lad and City through and through but drove most of the people I know mad , sideways passes most of the time and couldn't tackle to save his life , good at marking space though, prefer Pack any time and really hope he stays 

He is definitely marmite. I liked him but knew it was time for him to move on when he did. I think Marlon could end up being a better player though.

3 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Pack is slowly being pushed down pecking order. Oneil first choice, smith to come back as well and Reid preferred. Given we also have brownhill who is a LJ signing, think pack could be moved on along with freeman if we sign any more wingers

Or he could train harder, practice more and make himself indispensable.

(Not saying he doesn't already train hard and practice, before anyone misses the point).

6 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

LJ got rid of Agard who had the penalty fiasco and ignored team orders, Ayling who was involved in the Cheltenham "pissgate" incident and perhaps Pack is going to be a victim of his Dad revealing transfer issues prematurely.

May all be total coincidence but LJ does give off the air of someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

5 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

LJ got rid of Agard who had the penalty fiasco and ignored team orders, Ayling who was involved in the Cheltenham "pissgate" incident and perhaps Pack is going to be a victim of his Dad revealing transfer issues prematurely.

May all be total coincidence but LJ does give off the air of someone who doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Disappointing if this is indeed what happens. LA and KA were fully responsible for their own actions. Pack can't help what his dad puts on social media, unless it was Pack talking about the deal to begin with

1 minute ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Wouldn't want him to leave cause his Dad was a **** on Facebook 

More likely that he hasn't signed his new "improved" contract but his Dad can't have helped matters. 

Probably nothing in it though but if it did happen then that would be a pattern.

25 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

I dont think its anything to do with that.

Pack is a good honest hardworking player....however if we want to progress, we need better players then him. We are doing now what we all hoped would happen when we got promoted. We are signing better players than the ones already here 

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I dont think its anything to do with that.

Pack is a good honest hardworking player....however if we want to progress, we need better players then him. We are doing now what we all hoped would happen when we got promoted. We are signing better players than the ones already here 

As I said all could be total coincidence and what you say makes sense.

47 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He is definitely marmite. I liked him but knew it was time for him to move on when he did. I think Marlon could end up being a better player though.

Is it Marlon's time to move on though? And yes, he could well end up being a better player than Skuse.

2 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Is it Marlon's time to move on though? And yes, he could well end up being a better player than Skuse.

I don't think is time for Marlon to move on, a player who has improved every season since he was signed. I hope we get him to sign a new contract and he can keep improving at the same rate as Bristol City improving.

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I like a manager who is in charge and won't stand prima Donna nonsense

I agree, although no proof at all that Pack in any way falls under this heading. I see a hard working, developing championship player.

I say this with some care, but much as I love him the player who maybe has elements of this is actually Tomlin. 

5 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I agree, although no proof at all that Pack in any way falls under this heading. I see a hard working, developing championship player.

I say this with some care, but much as I love him the player who maybe has elements of this is actually Tomlin. 

I don`t think you need to be careful there mate, it`s plain to all of us that LT wants to be the main man and is likely to get the hump if he isn`t. The difference is that LJ, MA and SL knew exactly what they were getting when we signed him and were willing to take that risk. If he wasn`t that sort of personality he wouldn`t be half the player he is.

1 hour ago, smokey live said:

I don't think is time for Marlon to move on, a player who has improved every season since he was signed. I hope we get him to sign a new contract and he can keep improving at the same rate as Bristol City improving.

Marlon has improved loads. He adapted very well to this league. 

Question is....would he be happy with rotating? He certainly isnt guaranteed in a starting position.

He has really suprised me. Out of all our midfielders, I thought he would be the first on the 'cut list'

If someone like Ipswich comes knocking, offers him a payrise and more first team football....I wouldnt blame him not to take it

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

Hasnt got Skuse's engine. he was such an athlete. great touch, lots of skill, lacked confidence in his own ability

Archived