IGNORED

Transfer Deadline Day Thread (Merged)

cityexile

40 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Noggers will never leave, kisses the badge after every goal. I think we can say it's not about the money with Noggers

That used to be true Woodsy, until SL took umbrage and had my ST seat moved away from next to his wife.

39 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

Sky sources saying Jordan Rhodes is unlikely to leave Middlesborough TODAY.

Possible loan option?

Not anymore I'm afraid

rules have changed so don't think there's a loan window anymore, has to be done today or nothing until January apart from free transfers

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I heard the West Brom forum were making overtures to Nogbad .

Funny you should say that Major. I did wake up this morning to the sound of West Brom's orchestra in the road attempting to serenade me into joining them.

To no avail, me and Pulis don't 'get on' - to put it mildly. :angry:

1 hour ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Surprised the forum hasn't gone into meltdown cause we've not signed anyone yet. 

well we have signed 20+ players this transfer window (youth included) which is 19 more then last season so most are fairly relaxed and Trust the braintrust of MA, SL and LJ

Anyone think we're a bit short for wide men? Joe and Freeman aside I don't think we have a lot of options. Freeman is not the same player in this league as he was in L1.

i can see a couple of modern 'wide forward' types coming in but Christ knows who.

The one thing I have confidence in which I have never had before is that LJ, MA and the scouting team have a list of players they would like to sign and will have been planning for JK's departure IMHO. Could be one big signing and another random one - the next Kodjia hopefully 

6 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Anyone think we're a bit short for wide men? Joe and Freeman aside I don't think we have a lot of options. Freeman is not the same player in this league as he was in L1.

i can see a couple of modern 'wide forward' types coming in but Christ knows who.

The one thing I have confidence in which I have never had before is that LJ, MA and the scouting team have a list of players they would like to sign and will have been planning for JK's departure IMHO. Could be one big signing and another random one - the next Kodjia hopefully 

Odowda, Paterson?

5 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

We do have Paterson now, and O'dowda. Diego De Girolamo made the bench against Villa too. Reckon we're alright for wingers.

10 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

I don't think we're short per se but I do think one of the two strikers today will be someone who can play wide in a three as well as as a central striker.  (Not based on me knowing anything - just that would make sense as we aren't usually playing two up top.

21 minutes ago, mkc said:

T'internet saying Aden Flint going to Sunderland.  We pay £2.5 million and get John O'shea in return (whos also been seen at Templemeads) 

Who in their right mind would pay £2.5m to give up Aden Flint in return for John O'Shea?!

I'll run through Cabot naked if that happens...

7 minutes ago, WestfieldRed said:

Sky sports reporting that Sunderland are chasing Didi N'Dong for a record fee (£13m+), John Ruddy, plus a striker and a central midfielder.

No mention of Moyes going after a defender, for whatever that's worth...

Leslie Phillips?

Archived