IGNORED

Steve Lansdown Exclusive on HD Player

old_eastender

• Admin
  • He is old Skool and wants two players for each position in a 442 which he feels we are close to doing
  • We have spent £11m on fees this summer
  • Successful window was due to amount of homework before the Summer
  • Missed out on some targets but should be satisfied with current squad
  • Tomlin was £3m
  • Kodjia ended up costing £3.25m
  • He meant the Kodjia statement but when Jimmy refused to play against Scunthorpe it was down to LJ and MA to get the right money for him
  • Still wants it known there is no bad blood to Kodjia, he understands the pressure Jonathan is under
  • He is sorry if any supporter feels misled, he will try to think more before speaking in future
  • He is pleased the loan rules have changed as he thinks we should be well set
  • Very happy with the level of ST sales with room to grow the fan base further
  • Wants 20k+ for every game
  • Happy with our start to the season
  • Thinks LJ, MA & DT deserve a couple of days off now, but that's all.
  • Confirmed we got good selling for both Bolasie and Adomah

I may have paraphrased a little but that's what I can remember. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Thanks @Ian M, quite a lot of honesty there as ever from Steve. He maybe a businessman but you can tell he is a fan and has our interests covered from both perspectives.

Admitting mistakes, apologizing and learning from it are facets of leadership imo. Unfortunately in this country we like 'strong' leaders i.e. people who think they're always right, never change their minds and stick stubbornly to their guns in the face of contrary evidence. Which makes Steve a good leader in my eyes.

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

So do we presume the £3.25m cost for JK includes the sell on to Angers? Seems a bit low but if we did negotiate that sell on well done to all concerned at the time.

Sky have always said £3m for LT and I never thought that was far away from the truth TBH.

Someone fairly reliable (cant remember the name, but journalist) said £2m.

I'm now thinking it was £2m upfront with £1m over time (not dependant on anything, just spread the cost) and I guess potential clauses could be in there that we don't know.

That would fit with what we know today as it wouldn't make the £3m incorrect, nor the £2m reported wrong per se

About Tomlin

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Someone fairly reliable (cant remember the name, but journalist) said £2m.

I'm now thinking it was £2m upfront with £1m over time (not dependant on anything, just spread the cost) and I guess potential clauses could be in there that we don't know.

That would fit with what we know today as it wouldn't make the £3m incorrect, nor the £2m reported wrong per se

About Tomlin

The JK fee is being discussed at length on another thread if you`re interested (club record signing)

I haven't heard the Interview, but re the 442... is that a dig at our former manager?

If not...should what formation we play be down to the manager and not what our owner 'prefers?'

Apologies if this is way off what was meant in the Interview, but seems an odd thing to say in the context it's been written above.

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

I haven't heard the Interview, but re the 442... is that a dig at our former manager?

If not...should what formation we play be down to the manager and not what our owner 'prefers?'

Apologies if this is way off what was meant in the Interview, but seems an odd thing to say in the context it's been written above.

I think SL was talking about cover for each position, not what formation we play.

57 minutes ago, spudski said:

I took it to mean only that he felt you need 2 players for each position. So 8 defenders, 8 midfielders, 4 strikers. I don't think he was dictating a formation to LJ, who likes to be flexible in formation and tactics anyway and has recruited accordingly.

8 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I think SL was talking about cover for each position, not what formation we play.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I took it to mean only that he felt you need 2 players for each position. So 8 defenders, 8 midfielders, 4 strikers. I don't think he was dictating a formation to LJ, who likes to be flexible in formation and tactics anyway and has recruited accordingly.

that's how I interpreted it too

2 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

You've got nothing to apologise for Steve.

Excellent business for our club and the right thing to do in the circumstances. 

reading between the lines

"We asked a price we didn't think anyone would be foolish enough to match. Hahahaha, oh, we have absolutely robbed them, £15m for an unhappy player :rofl2br:. But seriously, when I said about not selling to a divisional rival I meant it, I just didn't expect such foolishness from the brummies"

Archived