IGNORED

Team at Rotherham

Alwaystomorrow

Finding it difficult to decide what the team selection will be considering current fitness doubts. Will Tammy be playing? What about Korey? Will our Swedish striker play?

Who will play on the right of the the back four? (Or 3)!

Will Paterson play? O'Dowda? Etc

Dont know how in the long term LJ will keep some of the fringe players happy. It will be difficult to keep morale up with lots of players not getting a game on a regular basis.

3 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Finding it difficult to decide what the team selection will be considering current fitness doubts. Will Tammy be playing? What about Korey? Will our Swedish striker play?

Dont know how in the long term LJ will keep some of the fringe players happy. It will be difficult to keep morale up with lots of players not getting a game on a regular basis.

I don`t think that`s as much of a problem these days. The players all know they`re part of a squad and that would be the same no matter what club they played for. With the intensity of the game today most of them know they need a week off every now and again to avoid burnout. Also, with no loans allowed until January, clubs have to carry bigger squads than they used to and I`m sure the players are aware of that. If someone`s not playing it`s up to them to prove to LJ that they should be.

I hope I`m right anyway!

23 minutes ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

That's an issue that lots of managers have who have decent sized squads.

Unhappy squad players can create a negative air around the place and obviously that's not something any manager wants. That's why Senior Johnson bombed out Flapper Phillips - he was the biggest whingers of that era. 

Great emphasis  is put on a players character these days particularly by Mark Ashton who knows how important it is to have the right "DNA" as he calls it in corporate speak...........:facepalm:

He has had no real time to work with Moore but he has with Paterson during the break so presuming Tammy is fit :-

ROD

Little - Flint - Magnusson - Golborne 

O'Neil - Reid

Paterson - Tomlin - Bryan

Abraham

Subs - Fielding, Moore, Pack, O'Dowda, Freeman, Envall, Wilbraham

If Tammy not fit then Envall starting and Brownhill on the bench

Rotherham do look on paper to be weaker than last season - no Matt Derbyshire for one thing - so we need to go at them IMO so this works for me.

13 minutes ago, Neo said:

He has had no real time to work with Moore but he has with Paterson during the break so presuming Tammy is fit :-

ROD

Little - Flint - Magnusson - Golborne 

O'Neil - Reid

Paterson - Tomlin - Bryan

Abraham

Subs - Fielding, Moore, Pack, O'Dowda, Freeman, Envall, Wilbraham

If Tammy not fit then Envall starting and Brownhill on the bench

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

It's called man management and is the number one asset for any football manager. LJ appears to be well equipped in this facet of his job.

That's right  - up to a point.  Alex Ferguson wasn't exactly known for his people skills but very successful nonetheless.

I think lower down the leagues people skills are less crucial elements for managers. In the PL with players on such huge wedges it's harder to motivate them and most PL players don't respond to bully boy tactics. 

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I think the beauty of the squad now is that it's difficult to second guess the starting eleven. Most of us will get 8 or so right, but LJ will pull out a surprise if not in personnel then slight system tweaks. 

We know that RoD will be in goal and that Flint and Hordur will be CBs....

LJ surprised most of us when he started Bryan at LB recently......

Little at RB, GoN In midfield but who else?

Tomlin will start as will Abrahams but who with?

I guess that it could be said that we don't know the best 11.... 

3 hours ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

Korey may make the bench for this one..will be good to see him back.

O'Donnell 

Little Flint Magnusson Bryan

O'Neil Smith 

Paterson Tomlin O'Dowda 

Abraham 

Subs Fielding Ekstand/Moore Golbourne Pack Freeman Reid Engvall 

27 minutes ago, Healeyred96 said:

O'Donnell 

Little      Flint                   Magnusson    Bryan 

O'Neil         Smith 

Paterson           Tomlin       O'Dowda 

Abraham 

Subs Fielding  Ekstand/Moore Golbourne Pack Freeman Reid Engvall 

That's a very lethal team right there

40 minutes ago, Healeyred96 said:

O'Donnell 

Little      Flint                   Magnusson    Bryan 

O'Neil         Smith 

Paterson           Tomlin       O'Dowda 

Abraham 

Subs Fielding  Ekstand/Moore Golbourne Pack Freeman Reid Engvall 

This would be my team but id like to see Moore in for Little. 

6 hours ago, Alwaystomorrow said:

A nice problem to have however

Wouldn't be surprised if we start with the same team as Villa.  The only changes I can really see though is Paterson for Freeman or Pack for Reid, because we are away from home.

Engvall may make the bench if fit instead of Di Girolamo.

If we sign Ekstrand, he may come into the equation.  Would be useful helping to settle in Engvall....hadn't thought about that until now.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

We know that RoD will be in goal and that Flint and Hordur will be CBs....

LJ surprised most of us when he started Bryan at LB recently......

Little at RB, GoN In midfield but who else?

Tomlin will start as will Abrahams but who with?

I guess that it could be said that we don't know the best 11.... 

It's Abraham, no 's'.

I didn't say anything the first few times, but I can't hold back any longer! There is also no 's' in Wilbraham.

19 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

we have conceded in every league game, which is a slight concern. Would be good if we could end that against Rovrum

Not a concern for me, we haven't let in more than one goal in any game so far which makes a change for a City team.

1 hour ago, Coxy27 said:

It's Abraham, no 's'.

I didn't say anything the first few times, but I can't hold back any longer! There is also no 's' in Wilbraham.

Reminds me of my first thought when I saw the team versus Villa:

"There's no f in right back".

53 minutes ago, cynic said:

More of a concern is that we have been 0-1 at half time in each league game and have yet to put in a decent first half...

Pedant alert - every game bar Burton (1-0 up).

Agree with the sentiment though, we need to start better or we'll end up being more than 1 down at half time and won't be able to pull it back

Archived