IGNORED

Keith Welch - Keep fighting (Merged)

alexukhc

I can only echo the wishes of goodwill towards Elvis Welch. Most will remember Anfield etc but for me it was the stadium of light, the best performance I ever saw from a City no 1 and that includes Cashley, Shaw, Moller et all.

If these messages get to Keith, please pass on my best wishes to the coolest man I ever have seen wear our colours and a damn fine goalkeeper.

Even though it was a while ago, the City family HAVE to support a fine player.

My best possible wishes to Elvis and his family.

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Last time I saw Keith he was standing at the urinal next to me in the loo at Nailsea United.  He had a safe pair of hands and took the ball well

Yours or his Tone?Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Keith and hope to see you back at the Gate when you have recovered.

29 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Yours or his Tone?Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Keith and hope to see you back at the Gate when you have recovered.

His thankfully.  100% agree with you as he is a nice bloke and was a great servant to the club

9 hours ago, red mist said:

I was at that game I remember it was so so late . Also at the Sunderland game when Keith was MOM, Friday night, City fans were singing "we are only losing 1-0" it was like the Alamo, could have been 5or6 if it was not for big Keith. Managed 1-1 draw

Battle on big man, our thoughts are with you 

Weren't  City fans also singing 'we're in your half again' at that game?

Good luck and stay strong Keith - an absolute belter of a goalkeeper and a man....

I was really young when Keith played in goal for us but there's two things I'll always remember about him - 

1 - that tach!

2 - how he played like a frustrated midfielder! I'd never seen a keeper come out of his box before let alone dribble past the opposition strikers! I vaguely remember him getting almost to the half way line once after dribbling past a couple players on the way, I'd never seen anything like it.

Hopefully he makes a full recovery.

i can only echo all the sentiments above - good luck Elvis

i recall a game at AG where he had the ball outside the box near the corner, two attacking players closed in and he calmly flicks it up and over them, not batting an eyelid.

the coolest, safest keeper i can recall at BCFC

Archived