IGNORED

Keith Welch - Keep fighting (Merged)

alexukhc

39 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He was awesome in that Sunderland game, I still can`t believe we got out of there with a point (neither can 34,000 Mackems or Kevin Phillips I imagine). Didn`t get home till about 6am as we got a puncture somewhere near Catterick but a great night.

All the best big man and get well soon.

Really was one of the most one sided games I can remember but strangely had a feeling we would get a late goal. 

For reasons too silly to admit on this forum I didn't make the replay at Anfield in '94, instead listening to the radio commentary in the poky Bedminster flat where I was living at the time.  I still have the commentary recorded on a C 90 cassette and there is a line in there which for me is even more iconic than Tinnions goal, which is Alan Green suddenly blurting out "magnificent save from Welch".  I'd have to listen again to remember from which Liverpool player although I don't really care, it was their only real chance I believe and of course Elvis wasn't about to let it past.  Thanks for that Keith and all the other memories, Keith was number one during my most 'intensive' City watching days.  Best wishes and prayers for your speedy and complete recovery.

A mate of mine is a good friend of Kieth's and he's just shared a status update on FB. Thought you'd like to read this.

Deborah Welch

3 mins · Clevedon · 

Mr W update!! 
This morning - he's only out of intensive care after 1 day!! 
BUT still doom and gloom...ish and still full of wires and tubes. 
By 4pm he'd only 2 left in! 
I took him on a WALK!! 
and by the time i left at 6pm he's sat eating his tea!!! 
Apparently he's 'remarkable' and i agree, who am i to disagree with a surgeon!! :-)
p.s the surgeon came in and said ....... i was driving in this afternoon and listening to the radio and they were wishing a BCFC goalkeeper a speedy recovery! You never told me you were Keith Welch!!!
"Well my name is written above my head, on my notes and all over this place" he said!! :-) :-) xx

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

A mate of mine is a good friend of Kieth's and he's just shared a status update on FB. Thought you'd like to read this.

Deborah Welch

3 mins · Clevedon · 

Mr W update!! 
This morning - he's only out of intensive care after 1 day!! 
BUT still doom and gloom...ish and still full of wires and tubes. 
By 4pm he'd only 2 left in! 
I took him on a WALK!! 
and by the time i left at 6pm he's sat eating his tea!!! 
Apparently he's 'remarkable' and i agree, who am i to disagree with a surgeon!! :-)
p.s the surgeon came in and said ....... i was driving in this afternoon and listening to the radio and they were wishing a BCFC goalkeeper a speedy recovery! You never told me you were Keith Welch!!!
"Well my name is written above my head, on my notes and all over this place" he said!! :-) :-) xx

I would give this many likes if I could.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Piccy update

image.jpeg

Wow, all the very very best. Was just one of those names you expected would be on the team sheet week after week for a fair number of years. 273 appearances is no mean feat. 

Got to be honest however, was I the only one that looked at the picture and mentally drew in a 'tash?

All my wishes for a quick recovery and then a longstanding clean sheet.

• Admin

Just want to thank @ashton_fan, who has kindly arranged for the Sunderland away match (where Keith played the game of his life) they had on VHS to be copied onto a DVD, which is then being given to Keith today as a little acknowledgement that City fans are all passing on their best wishes

Great work from the City family again !

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Just want to thank @ashton_fan, who has kindly arranged for the Sunderland away match (where Keith played the game of his life) they had on VHS to be copied onto a DVD, which is then being given to Keith today as a little acknowledgement that City fans are all passing on their best wishes

Great work from the City family again !

I think we would all like to see this if @ashton_fan ever has the time to upload it to Youtube :)

26 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I think we would all like to see this if @ashton_fan ever has the time to upload it to Youtube :)

The DVD I prepared was over 2 hours long so not practical to upload. I used to have a YouTube channel for City games but was getting hassle over copyright infringements once the Football League started using it so shut it down.

7 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The DVD I prepared was over 2 hours long so not practical to upload. I used to have a YouTube channel for City games but was getting hassle over copyright infringements once the Football League started using it so shut it down.

Ah OK, thanks for doing this for Keith anyway :) . 

A friend at work is a Rochdale fan and asked to mention on our site that Rochdale  fans are like us all wishing Keith a speedy recovery. He was very popular and a bit of a legend at the Dale. Like me he is useless on the technical side of things or would have posted himself. Get well soon Keith.

For anyone interested, I've just been to a BBQ where Keith Welch was a guest. A lovely bloke, over his health scares and doing really well. 

Without the quiff or 'tash I wouldn't have recognised a boyhood hero of mine!

So after knowing that he'd been unwell, it was great to bump into him and know that all is good for him.

This is him with my son.  

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

For anyone interested, I've just been to a BBQ where Keith Welch was a guest. A lovely bloke, over his health scares and doing really well. 

Without the quiff or 'tash I wouldn't have recognised a boyhood hero of mine!

So after knowing that he'd been unwell, it was great to bump into him and know that all is good for him.

This is him with my son.  

So glad to hear it's good news. I had that horrible feeling when I saw the thread bumped once again. Phew.

Archived