IGNORED

Tomlin

alexukhc

The most annoying part of this is that having been booked he is then able to control himself and not get sent off.

If he had been sent off this season for two bookings for dissent during a game, you could almost begin to believe he does have a genuine problem, but he hasn't and he doesn't, so he should and could keep his mouth shut.

On 12/09/2016 at 07:56, BRISTOL86 said:

Yep, Rooney on Saturday was shown a yellow card for a foul, he turned round to the referee and shouted '**** off' as he was booked, referee ignored it. If he'd have had any balls he'd have shown him a second yellow. All very well having the rules but if the referees are too weak to enforce them, then the battle's already lost.

Back to Tomlin - ridiculous to be so close to a suspension already purely for dissent, talking too needed. Needs to keep a lid on it and if he can't do that then start fining him!

LJ has said Tomlin has been fined for it

2 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

The most annoying part of this is that having been booked he is then able to control himself and not get sent off.

If he had been sent off this season for two bookings for dissent during a game, you could almost begin to believe he does have a genuine problem, but he hasn't and he doesn't, so he should and could keep his mouth shut.

Burton away he had to be dragged away otherwise he would have got himself sent off after talking himself into a yellow.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 07:36, Renaissance Dolman said:

How would we have done against Villa if we were down to ten men? I remember the Blackburn game last year when Baker got two yellows. They were going nowhere till Baker got sent off then they walked the second half and got two goals. And at least Baker got them for playing hard, not for whining and bitching. 

What if ? What if ?

On 12 September 2016 at 13:19, shelts said:

It's petulant. Can't say I've ever seen a referee change his mind after a drop of dissent . It's only gonna end in tears I'm afraid. 

The ref will virtually never change their mind but this pressure on the referee from the players will make them think twice next time though, that's why players bang on at them. 

They're not thinking about the decision past, but the next one.

58 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

It's about getting in the refs ear. Roy Keane was the master at it,he knew when not to push it

20 minutes ago, southvillekiddy said:

Very impressed with LJ on this issue. I love Tomlin but the manager has the guts to go public on the issue. I believe this shows his genuine concern for the player so that he doesn't make mistakes similiar to those he made at Bornemouth.

Or both player and manager have take note of the forum and decided to nip it in the but to stop fan descent 

I think the good point that LJ made was that Tomlin may not get back in the side if he is suspended. We have a lot of options in the 3 behind the striker. You could see Paterson doing well behind Tammy. So if Tomlin is suspended I'm sure we'd cope. Like we have without Korey - which I wouldn't have expected a few months ago. Of course I'd prefer it if he wasn't suspended. And I wouldn't be surprised if Tomlin turned on the style and scored a couple tonight!

4 hours ago, Alessandro said:

The ref will virtually never change their mind but this pressure on the referee from the players will make them think twice next time though, that's why players bang on at them. 

They're not thinking about the decision past, but the next one.

Yes they try to get in the refs head. The team most whinging doesn't get the fifty fifty decisions. No ref at football league level will give a crap about abuse trust me, this ain't the Downs League!!

Since there's a bit more space to breathe here, thought I'd say that it's completely ridiculous to say he's lost us the game. Even if he'd blazed it over the bar that wouldn't be the case, but he didn't. He hit the post, clearly aiming for the corner, not an arrogant slow shot, not down the middle, he hit it hard and low.

The fact that people are blaming the penalty miss for O Neil's red card is just about the funniest thing I've heard all year. Personally I think O'Donnell has a lot more to answer for - Danny Baker level gaffe.

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Since there's a bit more space to breathe here, thought I'd say that it's completely ridiculous to say he's lost us the game. Even if he'd blazed it over the bar that wouldn't be the case, but he didn't. He hit the post, clearly aiming for the corner, not an arrogant slow shot, not down the middle, he hit it hard and low.

The fact that people are blaming the penalty miss for O Neil's red card is just about the funniest thing I've heard all year. Personally I think O'Donnell has a lot more to answer for - Danny Baker level gaffe.

He deliberately hit the post, to get O Neil sent off. He hits it over the bar, we are still a player up!

Archived