IGNORED

Villa v Forest (Merged)

Super

59 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I didn't say he was useless. He is strong for his build but I don't think many who have seen him play would describe him as a physical striker.

I would.

His strength and power is why he was so successful for us, ok he is no Heskey at holding off defenders but he uses his pace and power to go past players and creates shooting opportunities.

19 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

So sky are just wanking off over villa, not that it surprises me

Yes - them and Newcastle - it's like we already have a Premier League B made up of 3 or 4 sides they want to show even though rarely the best games of the championship weekends so far.

Ashton Gate would be a better place to take the cameras :cool:

BTW - forest just scored a worldie !!

1 minute ago, EmersonsRed said:

So? That doesn't mean we weren't going anywhere. It means we weren't clinical! We averaged a shot every three minutes... Not going anywhere... Blimey. Have a day off. 

With all due respect did you go to the game? We had loads of pop shots that ended up in row Z, those count as shots.. doesn't mean we were clinical in possession..

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Think villa are in trouble this season,

they are use to losing

I am sure they will be ok, but at the moment their body language is all wrong. Spent a lot on strikers, but really seem to be missing creativity in the middle of the park most, based in this so far. No idea what formation they are playing now. One in midfield, four up front?

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I got pelters on the Villa forum for telling them Kodjia isn't the most clinical, wonder if they will see my point after today

Some good saves made to be fair to the Forest 'keeper though

Not really in fairness missed any today.

1-1, Ayew MoM for me so far.

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I must have missed his clinical finishing then

Not disagreeing with you as such, just would not point to a chance he should have finished today. Two decent headers, two decent saves. Over his time with us I would have put his finishing as average for a striker, not great, not bad. 

1 minute ago, cityexile said:

Not disagreeing with you as such, just would not point to a chance he should have finished today. Two decent headers, two decent saves. Over his time with us I would have put his finishing as average for a striker, not great, not bad

Which is essentially what I told them and got pelters for

Archived