IGNORED

Villa v Forest (Merged)

Super

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Not disagreeing with you as such, just would not point to a chance he should have finished today. Two decent headers, two decent saves. Over his time with us I would have put his finishing as average for a striker, not great, not bad. 

Plus while his goals were key, I think his all round play for the team was pretty mediocre. 

We may have been in a better position last season if he wasn't so selfish and actually made passes instead trying to beat 2 or 3 men and so on

Just now, cityexile said:

Forest player got their second yellow for over celebrating equaliser.

Yeah sorry I saw but it didn't seem that bad.  I wondered if there was anything else. Just saw him punch the air and run around a bit. Hardly unusual, especially late in a game after a great move like that.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Pathetic rule, absolutely pathetic. 

Couldn't agree more. He didn't leave the pitch area; he didn't jump the advertising hoardings and join the crowd. So in my view he hasn't done anything wrong.

Had he leapt over the hoardings and joined the crowd then that's a different story.

Villa overall will feel a little like we did yesterday. Really should have won it. Just going through that phase we have been through in seasons past when everything seems to be against you. You start to feel you are cursed, and can see it in the players. Not sure up front is where I would have spent all that money mind.

Kodjia, very decent debut overall.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

You say that, but it's not a new rule. He should know better. 

Are we talking the booking for celebrating with the fans?

If so, they had a few of the GB women's hockey team on Soccer AM last week & they said they have a rule in hockey that after a goal, they are allowed 40 or 45 seconds to celebrate the goal, so any collaborations they come up with they can celebrate how they want as long as they are ready to start once the time is up, which I thought was a fairly good idea but I guess there is a difference between some women doing some choreographed moves to blokes diving into thousands of other blokes?!?

That said, there should be some leniency as it's ridiculous that after doing something brilliant you can be sent off celebrating it. It's starting to take the raw passion out of the situation.

Just watched it back and it's still ridiculous. As someone else said, he didn't jump over anything. He just went close to his own fans and gets punished for them being so close to the pitch.  Traffic-warden style refereeing and just about as harsh as they come.

It really does make you wonder who actually makes these rules.  None of the players would vote for that, none of the fans would, so who's making these decisions? It's one of the little things that needs sorting out sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The best thing for City is for Villa to finish second, behind us and Kodjia to score a bag full of goals. 

A bagfull that's contains a couple less than our strikers. 

I'd be delighted with that, when we receive our extra £4million. 

Ideally he does well enough to then also earn a £50million transfer to man city! 

Would be interesting if he does score a bag full of goals and they dont go up.

Wonder if he will have another strop on in a year's time if lower prem clubs became interested.

45 minutes ago, WestonRobin said:

Couldn't agree more. He didn't leave the pitch area; he didn't jump the advertising hoardings and join the crowd. So in my view he hasn't done anything wrong.

Had he leapt over the hoardings and joined the crowd then that's a different story.

The Ref couldn't get there fast enough to send him off. Must have been the highlight of the match for him!!!

17 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Would be interesting if he does score a bag full of goals and they dont go up.

Wonder if he will have another strop on in a year's time if lower prem clubs became interested.

He would certainly fancy a move to the lower Prem if there is interest. 

Not many wouldn't, in fairness. 

Archived