IGNORED

The Official Sheffield Wednesday v Bristol City Match Thread (Merged)

2 hours ago, Malago said:

Old enough to remember when we won 5-1 at Hillsborough.  A John Galley brace or hat trick.  One of the early signs that things were on the up under Alan Dicks.

Hat trick, even the ref  (Gordon Hill) clapped his third ! The guy who ran the show was Chrissy G who was given a standing ovation from the SW fans when he had to go off ! Great trip.

EDIT   Sorry, didn't see bemmyredjeff post .

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, CiderHeadDan said:

Surprised there's no Jamie Paterson tonight, would of thought he'd be a starter after last game. Is he injured? Or is it just the depth in our squad?

I think many of us expected to see Patts start tonight, especially after his performance on Saturday. 

Johnson's gone that bit more defensive by sticking Josh B in there though. Went for that high energy in the middle of the park to upset Wednesday's rhythm I guess. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

After playing with 1 defensive mid against Norwich, Newcastle and Villa, its a bit strange to play 3 against Wednesday.

Agree. I would have given Brownhill's place to Paterson in the starting XI. 

Although looking at Josh to prove me wrong, as I'm still not sure on him just yet. Is he a ball winner, a creative midfielder? I really can't tell. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A slight knee injury still keeps him off. Don't get carried away though. The two caps came in friendlies when only domestic players were available. Got great potential though. 

Johnson has said he's very impressed with what he's seen from Engvall in training but he's not fully back yet. Still hesitant in block tackles and putting his foot through the ball.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

I felt the need to go a little bit quicker on my way home from Edinburgh and let my impulsive side take over.....

I've now arrived at Hillsborough and looking forward to a win, but will settle for a point.

The Steak Pies are alright, the cider is nasty. 

Hillsborough staff getting panicky that they're running out of Kingstone Press.

Genuine quote; "Eh Troy, have we got moar? It's ah bit popular it seems"

• Like 1
Just now, Kingswoodactor said:

Tired, at the start of September, at his age? Doubtful. 

Johnson said the only people with knocks from the weekend was O'Dowda and Maggers.

Clearly a tactical switch, and one that I'm a little surprised by is all. 

People get tired even young athletes get tired, all I will say is so far this season LJ has either got it right or made it right by changing things during the game, i'm quite impressed to be honest, we have a bigger squad with more quality than we have had for a while, he has his reasons and most of this squad should play 20/30 games a piece throughout the season keeping hopefully most of them happy, I don't think anybody's place is secure, sometimes you can win but not everybody plays well.

1 minute ago, eardun said:

Not sure Brownhill is that defensive. But Pack O'Neil and Brownhill should hopefully give Tomlin and O'Dowda more attacking freedom. Tomlin and Brownhill to score!

Interested to see how Brownhill gets on. Johnson is trusting him with a starting place against a side that I fully expect to see up there come May, so he must be impressing recently. 

I just don't want Tomlin out on the f****** left hand side! 

• Like 1