IGNORED

I will be shot for this.......

Full nelson

I would make 2 changes to our back line on Saturday! Moore and Ekstrand in, for Flint and Little and maybe give frankie ago!?! I know the keeper does keep us in the game but individual errors are costing us big time. We had no bottle after the pen missed and Wednesday clearly deservered the win no matter what, yes we were 2 up but we got blitzed second half. We just wasn't good enough in the end and changes now need to be made to tighten things up. Maybe go back to the formation we were playing under JP!!? 

Agree re Ekstrand and Moore 100%

Disagree re Fielding.  He's simply another O'Donnell.  I would give Lucic a chance or bring back Max from loan.

i keep saying that Flint is no way the player some think he is.  We need to find a Championship number 5 asap.  A high priority in January unless Moore or Ekstrand can fill the role.

I dont understand why you can't make 2 changes to a back line which clearly isn't good enough! It seems Flint knows he'll be warming the bench soon enough! But he may well be there sooner than he thinks. Little is clearly no championship RB, he played in a Peterbrough side which went up and down up and down from the championship.  S'OD and FF are very similar and the Lucic chap is clearly not ready as LJ has already stated. It's a tough night and I think LJ has learned a lot about his players and I'm sure LJ and JP will let them know what's what.  

6 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree re Ekstrand and Moore 100%

Disagree re Fielding.  He's simply another O'Donnell.  I would give Lucic a chance or bring back Max from loan.

i keep saying that Flint is no way the player some think he is.  We need to find a Championship number 5 asap.  A high priority in January unless Moore or Ekstrand can fill the role.

You've seen Lucic play?

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

If we dropped players every time they make a mistake then we'd struggle to field a starting XI most weeks.

No-ones going to be dropped for making the odd mistake. Flint and O'Donnell between them have cost us four goals and probably 6 points in two games. We've got a decent enough squad now that under-performing players will be rotated out.

2 minutes ago, Pezo said:

People make mistakes usually because of pressure if you put someone else in they will have the same pressure.

Need to relieve the pressure which is why GON getting sent off was such a massive loss for us.

Eh? I'd sleep on it and come back tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Am I on my own in not being too disappointed? We'll finish 16-14 which means we'll Loose a lot of games. It just the standard of our squad.

A rainy midweek up north? It was inevitable l.

By the sound of it, I think its just you and Fordy that aren't over-reacting. This is a game we could have so easily won, so I think that has some bearing on matters. You are right, we aren't suddenly a great side, and results like this are inevitable.

Hopefully most people will have calmed down somewhat by tomorrow, and we can look forward to Saturday.

PS At least we are QPR fans.

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

By the sound of it, I think its just you and Fordy that aren't over-reacting. This is a game we could have so easily won, so I think that has some bearing on matters. You are right, we aren't suddenly a great side, and results like this are inevitable.

Hopefully most people will have calmed down somewhat by tomorrow, and we can look forward to Saturday.

At some point players need to be dropped for making mistakes or they'll keep doing it. That's why you have a competitive squad.

A night's sleep won't change that, that said I don't think it's all doom and gloom, just that Flint needs to be rotated out for a game.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

My post was not about saying how crap the last 30 mins were! It is about how piss poor the whole defence has been all season. 

The defence isn't good enough. Fletcher, their main target on set pieces, left completely free on the corner for the first. Second was a mistake by ROD but also we were playing much too deep to give Bannan that much time and space 30 yards or so from our goal. Third, Flint gets turned inside out yet again trying to defend 1 on 1 by Kieran Lee. Premier league defender eh? Imagine if that was Hazard or Martial. 

Anyway, Ekstrand probably isn't ready yet which is lucky for Flint. Lovely guy and unquestioned motor and passion but average defender even after his improvement. Moore is only 19 and only played like 7-8 senior matches. He'll need grooming before he gets major game time. 

ROD probably deserves another go just because he's been almost perfect since January. Though two games with mistakes in a row makes it tough. I'd leave him for Derby and see how that goes. 

Little was always filling in for Matthews and he's almost ready. So endure with Little because he's done a job there but is probably our least talented backup at the moment. 

No shame in losing to SW at their place. It hurt more because the game should've been over and done with but that's football. Tonight the Rotherham draw hurts just that bit more because it was always going to be tough tonight. 

So all in all, keep the lineup for Saturday. It may only be because others aren't ready but they will get this one more go to sure it up. Plus with GON out, we'll need all the familiarity we can get. Also, I'd bench Tomlin. The yellow cards and now the missed pen. If he's getting suspended and missing penalties, what's the point? He needs a refresh and a few games on the sidelines will do him good. Let Patterson have his go. He can't play Tuesday so may as well get 90 on Saturday. 

7 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Wrong site if you're QPR fans

Archived