IGNORED

I will be shot for this.......

Full nelson

Not saying we should drop anyone but at two nil up we should win . Tomlin should score from 12 yards out. We should've got a draw at the worst. At two nil I expected Wednesday to get one and then dominate. At two each the writing was on the wall we would concede late as we did last year. Typical City . Move on. 

3 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I'm over it! Just getting my opinion across. If Derby score more than 2 goals this weekend then there's obviously something wrong :sad26:

Saturday will be tough and I think it's clear evidence that GON has been hiding our defensive deficiencies. Even though it was 10v10 they dominated unlike most of the earlier 60 minutes. 

I wasn't at the game but I've watched the goal highlights on the Sky Sporys app, so I'm obviously qualified to come to the following conclusions;

We need to sell O'Donnel, if we can't find a buyer this week just terminate his contract. Don't forget - Frankie is better then Buffon.

Gary O'Neill could get in the Man City team, it basically like having 15 players on the pitch.

Tomlin is clearly an imposter. Should never have signed him. Terrible at dead balls. 

Tammy Abraham is still related to Jesus.

On 31st August, Aden Flint was lining up a move to Barcelona. He wouldn't even get in the Rovers team now.

This forum does make me chuckle sometimes.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

We're an emerging mid table side. We won't win 6-0 every week I'm afraid. We'll win some, we'll lose some. No need to be in over reaction town

Over reaction town!?! Right.....where did I go and say 6-0? Of course we win, lose and draw! I'm saying it's time some of these individual errors cost places in the starting line up! If you carry on making mistakes and show no improvement by erasing those errors then they become habbit. 

2 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

I do think that rotating Golbourne and Bryan at left back is a mistake. Pick your best left back and keep him there. 

It's bigger than just Golbourne and Bryan, for some reason one game a player is in the first team playing, the next game not even on the subs bench. Brownhill not even on bench vs Rotherham all of a sudden he's at the heart of our midfield, Patterson makes an impact when he comes on, doesn't even get a kick this game.

LJ seriously needs to find a settled team and formation.

2 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

It's bigger than just Golbourne and Bryan, for some reason one game a player is in the first team playing, the next game not even on the subs bench. Brownhill not even on bench vs Rotherham all of a sudden he's at the heart of our midfield, Patterson makes an impact when he comes on, doesn't even get a kick this game.

Yes my point exactly really. When won League 1 Cotts kept the same team for about 10 games on the bounce, but LJ as with all modern managers, tries to be clever by rotating the squad for no reason. I winced when I heard Brownhill was playing and O'Dowda ahead of Patterson, along with Reid on the bench.  I just want him to decide on his best 11, whatever that may be, and give them four or five games.

6 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

6 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

How exactly does he do that though....without changing the squad and rotating the players??

23 minutes ago, yardy said:

If we score the pen and hold out we would of been 5th, no need to panic.

We are progressing as a team just need to learn from days like these and cut out the mistakes.

We go again Saturday!

But we didn't and we are not 5th and it is bl00dy disappointing. I was foolish enough to start to think we were getting some where by beating a top Championship team away from home. For a short time I had forgotten  how regularly in recent years we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

But this defeat brings all those awful memories  flooding back. When will we ever not be a work in progress.

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Flint was too far off the attacker for their winner and got done and had a mare on Saturday but we lost it in the midfield tonight after O'Neil went off. Bannan bossed it and we didn't have an answer.

Thought it was bizarre how the attacker had so much space in the box for the third goal, and even worse, how once he received the ball, he was given time to turn and face the goal - and still Flint seemed in no hurry to close him down, and when he finally did, he was easily skinned! It was...odd.

53 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Definatly give Frankie a go. His kicking is weak and lacks a bit of height at corners.... But boy is he a good shot stopper and he communicates well.

I'm not suggesting Bringing FF in, but his kicking isn't weak.  If you're asked to constantly kick a ball to the left touch line for Joe Bryan, your margin for error is pretty small, hence kicks going into touch.  Off the deck in open play FF is very good off either foot.

Have you not noticed that in Wigan and Villa (not so much Newcastle) that ROD's kicking to Bryan resulted in the same thing.

ROD is more dominant in the penalty area than FF, but I think FF is better with the ball at his feet.  

3 minutes ago, Redandy said:

But we didn't and we are not 5th and it is bl00dy disappointing. I was foolish enough to start to think we were getting some where by beating a top Championship team away from home. For a short time I had forgotten  how regularly in recent years we can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

But this defeat brings all those awful memories  flooding back. When will we ever not be a work in progress.

We will always be a work in progress until we win the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup in the same season. Incremental improvement is the name of the game, and we are incrementally improving.

We are currently on course for a mid table finish, possibly even higher, and that will represent progress and a fourth consecutive season of improvement. Then we look to push on again. I'm happy with that.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We will always be a work in progress until we win the Premier League, Champions League and FA Cup in the same season. Incremental improvement is the name of the game, and we are incrementally improving.

We are currently on course for a mid table finish, possibly even higher, and that will represent progress and a fourth consecutive season of improvement. Then we look to push on again. I'm happy with that.

Without Abraham??!!!

37 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

I wasn't at the game but I've watched the goal highlights on the Sky Sporys app, so I'm obviously qualified to come to the following conclusions;

We need to sell O'Donnel, if we can't find a buyer this week just terminate his contract. Don't forget - Frankie is better then Buffon.

Gary O'Neill could get in the Man City team, it basically like having 15 players on the pitch.

Tomlin is clearly an imposter. Should never have signed him. Terrible at dead balls. 

Tammy Abraham is still related to Jesus.

On 31st August, Aden Flint was lining up a move to Barcelona. He wouldn't even get in the Rovers team now.

This forum does make me chuckle sometimes.

Brilliant, my first chuckle since Tomlin missed the pen. Can I add, Ekstrand is better than Maldini and Little should be playing Sunday League.

39 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So would I be if it happens.

7 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree re Ekstrand and Moore 100%

Disagree re Fielding.  He's simply another O'Donnell.  I would give Lucic a chance or bring back Max from loan.

i keep saying that Flint is no way the player some think he is.  We need to find a Championship number 5 asap.  A high priority in January unless Moore or Ekstrand can fill the role.

If Ekstrand is fit he is a premier league number 5.....its all about the fitness/match sharpness-if/when he attains this he will be our best defender..

6 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Thought we were gona push to the playoffs??????

10 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Agree re Ekstrand and Moore 100%

Disagree re Fielding.  He's simply another O'Donnell.  I would give Lucic a chance or bring back Max from loan.

i keep saying that Flint is no way the player some think he is.  We need to find a Championship number 5 asap.  A high priority in January unless Moore or Ekstrand can fill the role.

The difference between Frankie and O'Donnell is that Frankie is mentally stronger, a bit like Basso was. If O'Donnell makes a mistake he's more likely to make another one whereas Frankie would just put it behind him. I think we're seeing why Wigan sold O'Donnell on so quickly, however he's fine as a backup which is what we bought him for originally.

11 hours ago, Full nelson said:

Over reaction town!?! Right.....where did I go and say 6-0? Of course we win, lose and draw! I'm saying it's time some of these individual errors cost places in the starting line up! If you carry on making mistakes and show no improvement by erasing those errors then they become habbit. 

39 games to go Nelson. Stick it in reverse and get yourself out of drama queen lane

Archived