IGNORED

Help needed - 67th minute applause for derby game

Saunders87

Evening guys - I'm hoping you can all help. My uncle Darryll Saunders, a life long city fan and season ticket holder in the dolman stand sadly passed away suddenly on Friday. The family and I are hoping to arrange a minutes applause for him in the 67th minute the year he was born against Derby this Saturday. Thank you in advance for helping make this happen. 

**Mods apologise if this needs to be in non football chat but want to make sure this reaches everyone.**

image.jpeg

I've amended the title to include the minute the applause is planned for people who might glance at the thread but not read it. Often I've been at games when applause starts and people are asking what's going on,who it is for. Hope this might help and encourage people to pay their respects by joining in.

8 minutes ago, RedM said:

I've amended the title to include the minute the applause is planned for people who might glance at the thread but not read it. Often I've been at games when applause starts and people are asking what's going on,who it is for. Hope this might help and encourage people to pay their respects by joining in.

Thank you very much appreciated 

RIP Darryl and Jack. I am personally all in favour of a minutes applause at the final home game of each season to remember the hundreds of City fans who have passed over the season, some obviously personal to ourselves. 

While on the subject, does anybody know if the memorial garden is still a possibility for fans to place ashes, or lay flowers. I know it was for AV but not sure if the idea has been shelved.

I'm all for commemorating our fans when they pass away, I think it's fantastic and really important.

I've suggested on here before that it might be easier to organise if we did it at the last home game of the season - the names of all our fans who passed away during the season could be read out before the game, then a minutes' applause for all of our brothers and sisters, then 'Drink Up Thy Zider' played - I think this would be a perfect way of making sure every deceased fan gets the same recognition...

And to the OP, really sorry for your loss mate..

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I'm all for commemorating our fans when they pass away, I think it's fantastic and really important.

I've suggested on here before that it might be easier to organise if we did it at the last home game of the season - the names of all our fans who passed away during the season could be read out before the game, then a minutes' applause for all of our brothers and sisters, then 'Drink Up Thy Zider' played - I think this would be a perfect way of making sure every deceased fan gets the same recognition...

My condolences to Saunders87 and other family and friends of Darryll Saunders. Always hits home when someone around your age passes, especially if they are a fellow red.

BS4 - When the screen is in this sort of thing will be much easier to coordinate and re your end of season suggestion they could show pictures/names etc on the big screen.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can you imagine during the applause, just closing your eyes and picturing your loved one / friend, and imagining that 27,000 fans are clapping him or her, however long they have been gone. There wouldn't be a dry eye in the house.

5 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

100% agree

If every City fan who lost someone during the year wanted a minutes applause for a lost family member/friend we would have several minutes of applause in every game.

A minute for all who passed during the course of the year before the final home game would be perfect. Not sure about all of the being read out, as it could be potentially hundreds, but certainly all the names on the screens and a minutes applause.

Archived