IGNORED

Joey, bless him

Esmond Million's Bung

This betting thing is actually very interesting. Interesting in the sense that the story 'broke' after he was suspended by the club........I do wonder how the SFA found out...........

As a Scot who has been down here for over 25 years I happily admit that I despise both of the 'bigot brothers' and wish they both disappeared off the face of the earth, but never underestimate the power they have in Scottish Football and the Scottish football media - otherwise, Rangers would be no more, after there contemptuous disregard for the law of the land, and HMRC.

I think Joey - not a man I have any time for either - has played all of his cards wrongly, although I never understood why he chose to join Rangers given Burnley offered him a years contract, wont be playing for the 'Teddy Bears' again.

My guess is that he will be plying his trade somewhere in the Championship from 1st Jan.

7 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Each to their own but I find it absolutely jaw dropping and mindblowing that any City fan would really want him to be any part of what LJ is in the process of building here.

The Man is an absolute liability in every aspect both on and off of the pitch

I cannot help but agree 100%

On 20/09/2016 at 21:26, BS4 on Tour... said:

....after Tandy set fire to his shirt

Two sides to every story

Those two sides being that one is what I am now told is termed as 'Bants' and the kind of nonsense that goes on in ever in every squad the length and breadth of the Country. The second is borderline GBH something Mr Barton quite clearly has a penchant for. 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 21:22, Maesknoll Red said:

R5 reported that the bet he placed was on Celtic to lose by more than 3 goals in Barcelona, not a game he had any influence in and hardly an unlikely result.

Much as I dislike Rangers, and enjoy seeing Barton in trouble, I agree, and cannot see anything remotely wrong in him placing such a bet.

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Those two sides being that one is what I am now told is termed as 'Bants' and the kind of nonsense that goes on in ever in every squad the length and breadth of the Country. The second is borderline GBH something Mr Barton quite clearly has a penchant for. 

Arson is 'bants' ??!! And if JB was wearing the shirt while it was set on fire, that ain't GBH?!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Arson is 'bants' ??!! And if JB was wearing the shirt while it was set on fire, that ain't GBH?

No Arson is of course not banter but put into context they were both heavilly intoxicated and incidents of burning/or attempting to burn each others clothes had been a 'running theme' throughout the xmas bender.

''Man C considered sacking Barton in December after an incident at their Christmas party. He stubbed out a lit cigar in youth player Jamie Tandy's eye, after he had caught Tandy attempting to set fire to his shirt. Barton subsequently apologised for his actions and was fined six weeks' wages £60,000.''

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎05 at 15:07, Miah Dennehy said:

That's okay, I never used to like Rangers, but now they just amuse me , and there is the added bonus of a guaranteed 3 points against them ;)

but it aint gonna be forever is it, rangers the bigger club and will be back to no 1

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 20:44, ScottishRed said:

My guess is that he will be plying his trade somewhere in the Championship from 1st Jan.

And my immediate thought is that he would end up at Cardiff, an ideal match.

But didn't he and Neil Warnock have a previous falling out?

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Would have been quite funny to see him come up against Gerry Gow in his pomp, would like to see him open his big mouth then! :) 

He wouldn`t have done though would he? He`d have either rabbit punched Gerry in the kidneys from behind or fallen over and made out he`d been hit like the coward he is.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He wouldn`t have done though would he? He`d have either rabbit punched Gerry in the kidneys from behind or fallen over and made out he`d been hit like the coward he is.

Fortunately, he would have been put out our misery long before he met Gerry.

On 9/19/2016 at 19:37, Leveller said:

Can't help liking him - though I may have missed some of his misdemeanours, I dare say.

He stubbed a cigar out in a youth players face at a christmas party to name but one incident. Anger issues to say the least.

On 9/20/2016 at 15:13, BigTone said:

Just so we don't forget:

1) 2004- stubs cigar into the eye of City team-mate Jamie Tandy: fined four weeks wages and sued by Tandy for £65,000.
2) 2005- Barton is provoked and attacks 15-year-old Everton fan during Bangkok pre-season tour: found guilty of gross misconduct and fined eight weeks wages by City.
3) 2006- drops the back of his shorts down in the direction of Everton fans after a fixture at Goodison Park, resulting in an investigation by Merseyside Police and the FA.
4) 2007- arrested after an altercation with a taxi driver during which it was claimed he caused assault and criminal damage.
5) 2007- indefinitely suspended by City following a training ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo which caused Dabo to suffer a detached retina. Also receives four month suspended custodial sentence and banned for 12 games (6 suspended) by FA.
6) 2008- jailed for six months after being found guilty of assault and affray in Liverpool City Centre. Serves 77 days.
7) 2009- indefinitely suspended by Newcastle United following a dressing-room bust-up with manager Alan Shearer after Barton had been sent-off against Liverpool.
8) 2010– retrospectively charged and suspended by the FA for three matches after punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen into the solar plexus.
9) 2012- banned for 12 matches by the FA, fined six wages and stripped of the QPR captaincy following a red card and several other incidents of violent conduct vs City on the final day.
10) 2013- banned for two matches whilst at Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as an ‘overweight ladyboy’ via Twitter.

Number 10 is quite funny. Credit where it's due. 

His Autobiography is the least appropriately/accurately titled  I've seen 'No nonsense'

Archived