IGNORED

Joey, bless him

Esmond Million's Bung

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That comment shows just how little you understand about psychological problems and also reflects that you don't appreciate just how highly qualified the counsellors are. It's not a money grabbing exercise to try and help and support people.

I worked in NHS and got paid the same salary as someone the same grade as me who was working in another area - wards for example.

You should have worked at The Priory; they know how to get rich out of pandering to these people and pretending that isn't their fault but a "psychological problem" deserving of a lengthy course of sitting around and having a chat.  For money.

'They've moved away from focusing on the very rich to a mass market. The more we hear that addiction is a penalty for life, the more it creates a massive public health problem.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-201226/Priory-Clinic-waste-money.html

38 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

in a week that has put Scottish football and Celtic in particular into context and ship 9 goals and take a point from ICT hardly a time to crow.

Losing heavily to one of the best teams (and certainly the best front line) in world football, when they have knocked in multiple goals against sides far better than Celtic, and dropping the first points of the domestic season will not overly dampen the mood in the green side of Glasgow currently. So yeah, it's still a fine time to crow when you consider the gulf between Celtic and Rangers.

I should hope Rangers aspire to be run as well as Celtic.

In fairness to Barton, I don't think he said he wanted to play for Celtic, only that Celtic made a late bid to sign him instead and he turned it down. Although it seems like he was played a bit by a rogue agent if you believe the response from Celtic's CEO.

I'm not surprised a man with the problems Barton has had is struggling in Glasgow, he will never have been used to the pressure and attention that is being put on him currently. Even at this early stage I will not be surprised if he has played his last game for the club.

I can't understand why even one person can defend this scumbag, yes people make mistakes in life as we all have,  but learn from those mistakes, something this guy will never do, how many more "chances" do you give him?

Anyone that can stub out a cigar in another persons face I cannot understand.

On 17/09/2016 at 22:39, Red Army Faction said:

Took you till post 5.  What kept you? The obsession with Celtic on here is getting to be infactuation.  Do you secretly watch Green Brigade's You Tube channel and feel really dirty afterwards?

Things are going from bad to worse for Joey..

Joey Barton missing

Whilst I'm all for a bit of banter, I hope this moron was charged with wasting police time. 

2 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Losing heavily to one of the best teams (and certainly the best front line) in world football, when they have knocked in multiple goals against sides far better than Celtic, and dropping the first points of the domestic season will not overly dampen the mood in the green side of Glasgow currently. So yeah, it's still a fine time to crow when you consider the gulf between Celtic and Rangers.

I should hope Rangers aspire to be run as well as Celtic.

In fairness to Barton, I don't think he said he wanted to play for Celtic, only that Celtic made a late bid to sign him instead and he turned it down. Although it seems like he was played a bit by a rogue agent if you believe the response from Celtic's CEO.

I'm not surprised a man with the problems Barton has had is struggling in Glasgow, he will never have been used to the pressure and attention that is being put on him currently. Even at this early stage I will not be surprised if he has played his last game for the club.

Wow, this is a club that almost went out of business, has only just come back up into the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership and is relying on players from the English lower leagues and not a club who has profited by being the beneficiaries of the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership for 4 unhindered years, a team that struggled beyond belief against shit opposition to qualify for the champions league (a view succinctly put by former player Roy Keane last week).

Progress for Rangers will be premiership survival, Celtic cannot progress because they will once more win the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership title and pocket the riches that go with that title and it's attempt to reach the champions league stages.

For the record I have no interest in either team but the comedy gold that is Scottish football is entertaining.

10 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

You should have worked at The Priory; they know how to get rich out of pandering to these people and pretending that isn't their fault but a "psychological problem" deserving of a lengthy course of sitting around and having a chat.  For money.

I was head hunted by the Priory but turned it down despite being offered a better salary. 

I'd worked with patients who had attended there and the feedback I received from them was not very positive and the approach was "different" to way in which I liked to work.

They attracted people with alcohol problems because they had a contract with Social Services and because those that had the money paid privately thinking that private care was better than the NHS  which in most cases is true but not in this case.

18 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Wow, this is a club that almost went out of business, has only just come back up into the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership and is relying on players from the English lower leagues and not a club who has profited by being the beneficiaries of the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership for 4 unhindered years, a team that struggled beyond belief against shit opposition to qualify for the champions league (a view succinctly put by former player Roy Keane last week).

Progress for Rangers will be premiership survival, Celtic cannot progress because they will once more win the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership title and pocket the riches that go with that title and it's attempt to reach the champions league stages.

For the record I have no interest in either team but the comedy gold that is Scottish football is entertaining.

To be fair, it's pretty apparent you have no interest in either club from the content of your posts!

Despite their troubles, the aspirations of Rangers will be far, far above merely survival this season. They have the second highest wage budget in the country and would expect to be at least comfortably in second place in all honesty.

As for title riches... There is no such thing in Scotland! Celtic have expanded their commercial activities and made decent money from player sales. Being top of the tree in the league generates very little income for the club.

And the poor opposition Celtic had to face to reach the CL this season include Hapoel Be'er Sheva, a side that went to the San Siro and beat Inter Milan last week..

As much as I respect your posts I have to say I generally disagree with the vast majority of your opinions on this topic. Trying to use the opinions of Roy Keane in your defence don't help your cause in my eyes! ;)

2 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

To be fair, it's pretty apparent you have no interest in either club from the content of your posts!

Despite their troubles, the aspirations of Rangers will be far, far above merely survival this season. They have the second highest wage budget in the country and would expect to be at least comfortably in second place in all honesty.

As for title riches... There is no such thing in Scotland! Celtic have expanded their commercial activities and made decent money from player sales. Being top of the tree in the league generates very little income for the club.

And the poor opposition Celtic had to face to reach the CL this season include Hapoel Be'er Sheva, a side that went to the San Siro and beat Inter Milan last week..

As much as I respect your posts I have to say I generally disagree with the vast majority of your opinions on this topic. Trying to use the opinions of Roy Keane in your defence don't help your cause in my eyes! ;)

Ah yes the one of the Milan fallen giants.

Best of luck in winning the Celtic Scottish one horse race premiership title, it's going to be a long hard season (yeah right).

As for the last paragraph, of course Roy Keane WTF does he know about football eh?, but i'm sure that you are entirely correct in every way.

Just so we don't forget:

1) 2004- stubs cigar into the eye of City team-mate Jamie Tandy: fined four weeks wages and sued by Tandy for £65,000.
2) 2005- Barton is provoked and attacks 15-year-old Everton fan during Bangkok pre-season tour: found guilty of gross misconduct and fined eight weeks wages by City.
3) 2006- drops the back of his shorts down in the direction of Everton fans after a fixture at Goodison Park, resulting in an investigation by Merseyside Police and the FA.
4) 2007- arrested after an altercation with a taxi driver during which it was claimed he caused assault and criminal damage.
5) 2007- indefinitely suspended by City following a training ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo which caused Dabo to suffer a detached retina. Also receives four month suspended custodial sentence and banned for 12 games (6 suspended) by FA.
6) 2008- jailed for six months after being found guilty of assault and affray in Liverpool City Centre. Serves 77 days.
7) 2009- indefinitely suspended by Newcastle United following a dressing-room bust-up with manager Alan Shearer after Barton had been sent-off against Liverpool.
8) 2010– retrospectively charged and suspended by the FA for three matches after punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen into the solar plexus.
9) 2012- banned for 12 matches by the FA, fined six wages and stripped of the QPR captaincy following a red card and several other incidents of violent conduct vs City on the final day.
10) 2013- banned for two matches whilst at Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as an ‘overweight ladyboy’ via Twitter.

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Just so we don't forget:

1) 2004- stubs cigar into the eye of City team-mate Jamie Tandy: fined four weeks wages and sued by Tandy for £65,000.
2) 2005- Barton is provoked and attacks 15-year-old Everton fan during Bangkok pre-season tour: found guilty of gross misconduct and fined eight weeks wages by City.
3) 2006- drops the back of his shorts down in the direction of Everton fans after a fixture at Goodison Park, resulting in an investigation by Merseyside Police and the FA.
4) 2007- arrested after an altercation with a taxi driver during which it was claimed he caused assault and criminal damage.
5) 2007- indefinitely suspended by City following a training ground bust-up with team-mate Ousmane Dabo which caused Dabo to suffer a detached retina. Also receives four month suspended custodial sentence and banned for 12 games (6 suspended) by FA.
6) 2008- jailed for six months after being found guilty of assault and affray in Liverpool City Centre. Serves 77 days.
7) 2009- indefinitely suspended by Newcastle United following a dressing-room bust-up with manager Alan Shearer after Barton had been sent-off against Liverpool.
8) 2010– retrospectively charged and suspended by the FA for three matches after punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen into the solar plexus.
9) 2012- banned for 12 matches by the FA, fined six wages and stripped of the QPR captaincy following a red card and several other incidents of violent conduct vs City on the final day.
10) 2013- banned for two matches whilst at Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as an ‘overweight ladyboy’ via Twitter.

One MORE chance? Surely everyone is entitled to ELEVEN chances, and can't believe fellow City fans would have him at our club.

8 minutes ago, BigTone said:

neither did they fight too hard to keep him

Shaun Dyche said on Sky Sunday football that Barton had been very influential on the pitch and in the dressing room but was unsure of Bartons future at Burnley because Rangers were interested in him on a free. At that time Barton hadn't decided but Dyche thought that they couldn't compete with Rangers financial clout.

He was right on that.

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Anyone else feel that the last sentence of this article is ironic in the circumstances.

"The bookies were offering 16-1 on him being Scottish player of the year at the end of the season, but those odds will have rocketed... if you can still get them."

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Anyone else feel that the last sentence of this article is ironic in the circumstances.

"The bookies were offering 16-1 on him being Scottish player of the year at the end of the season, but those odds will have rocketed... if you can still get them."

Is it ironic?

You bet it is!

Archived