IGNORED

Tomlin's discipline today

Red Skin

May have been commented on elsewhere but I thought he showed great discipline today.  There was one occasion when he was fouled but wriggled free and was bearing down on goal when the ref called play back to give us a free kick.  Not one word of dissent from Lee.  There were other times too when he could have talked himself into the ref's book.  Well done Lee.

4 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I got the impression they were targeting Lee ,certainly in the first half !

Every opposition team are well aware of Tomlins maverick talent but also his petulance and of course they try to provoke him I to saying something stupid to the officials. It's simple gamesmanship.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

rather than get his next yellow card in another game and he misses a SBC game.

MATE can you PLEASE stop saying SBC. It's like you're on commission from Sky Bet to get this into our vocabulary.

This is not the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLS. Pretty sure you've got the time to type the three additional letters in 'league'. 

Tomlin "behaved" himself well. Hope he can cut out the back chat forever but maybe asking too much.

As an aside, I've heard so much good about Derby's Will Hughes as an outstanding young player. So I was surprised that he seemed to spend a lot of time committing niggly fouls and generally being a pain in the ass. But the ref didn't see fit to book him for continual fouling. Inconsistent refs!  

10 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

May have been commented on elsewhere but I thought he showed great discipline today.  There was one occasion when he was fouled but wriggled free and was bearing down on goal when the ref called play back to give us a free kick.  Not one word of dissent from Lee.  There were other times too when he could have talked himself into the ref's book.  Well done Lee.

I still don't understand this, the ref raised his arm to play on, Tomlin gets through to a dangerous position - do Derby bring him down, and or let him through on a  1v1 with the keeper and the ref blows the whistle and brings back play for the original freekick ! 

I understand the 5th booking for Fulham cup game logic but the sooner he gets to 5 the closer he is to 10!

It is inevitable now he will get banned for a game for 5 bookings but not inconceivable that he could avoid getting to 10 and missing what could potentially be a key game at the business end of the season.

Better he gets through til October or even November before we see his one game ban for me even though that is liable to be for a league - sorry SBC game !! :whistle:

12 hours ago, Olé said:

MATE can you PLEASE stop saying SBC. It's like you're on commission from Sky Bet to get this into our vocabulary.

This is not the NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLS. Pretty sure you've got the time to type the three additional letters in 'league'. 

Why didn't you type National Football league, National basketball association, National hockey league or major league soccer if we are not believing we have the time!

Time is the one irrefutable unit we will never get back do you not see this until people realise saving a few precious seconds could free up the time to cure world poverty! 

Mare you to blame for world poverty?

good god man!!!

No, @Robbored, we play in the Championship. The "SBC" is another atrocious acronym like BPL, NHL, EFL, FL92, MLS, NBA and so on.

Most people don't acknowledge sponsors when its the name of a ground, many will still call Pride Park that, rather than the iPro. St. James' Park not The Sports Direct Stadium, etc

Not that you were calling it the SBL1 before our promotion either, were you? Or before the sponsorship change the CCC?

It may be the "Barclays" Premier League but no one calls it the "BPL".

In my line of work everyone loves a TLA, sorry Three Letter Abbreviation, but what they don't like is trade names rather than generic names. Likewise including an abbreviation for Sky Bet is just going to annoy people.

if you love acronyms so much, rather than writing "the league" and assuming that you are not just using "SBC" to wind up the rest of us up, may I suggest that you add an extra letter & try the EFLC...

Less likely to annoy the troops!!

Oh and almost forgot Tomln was definitely on his best behaviour on Saturday. Maybe he had been warned that he would take another fine if he got another booking too soon. Amazing how money sometimes focuses the mind....

Also think that he will sit out the cup game against Fulham to be sure to be available on Saturday.

Archived