IGNORED

Get shirty tonight...

spudski

@Norn Iron Cheers fella...Indeed the Luton Town isn't in that picture. Agreed...it's a lovely kit. Must admit, I've probably only painted it a couple times. Here's a pic for old time's sake of an Original Subbuteo team, probably like the one you once owned ;-)

@Never to the dark side I'm not sure Maidenhead is happening next year fella. Jon who runs it mentioned this a while back. It's generally on as well when I'm away coaching skiing.

Subbuteo-Heavyweight-Team-Ref-169-Luton-Town-39-V-39-neck-shirt-1979-80_700_600_5NTR2.jpg

38 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Great photo of all your handiwork Spudski. Couldn't see the best kit evs though......Luton Town '73 to '78. I had the official Subutteo release, had being the operative word!

Bet you never painted the worst kit ever: Ipswich Town mid 90s..... a traumatic flashback from my Suffolk days for which I still need occasional counselling (the shirt not the county). Best shirt sponsors - worst shirt.

eng_pl_1995-97-IPSWICH-TOWN-FC-SHIRT-XXL-8418_1.jpg

Hi Spudski

You painted the knock off Admiral kit!

The Admiral Luton Town shirt had 3 verical bands of which the centre was white and much wider than the Navy Blue sides that accompanied it.

My mum through out my home shirt many years later.....because she could!

Brilliant Spudski.  

I started  watching them as a regular from Boxing Day 1973  (3-0Home win against Wolves). 

I must have bought the Subutteo version around '75 when it was definitely the Admiral kit.

The TV show last night said how Admiral paved the way for replica kits as they put the club badges on the shirts.  My LTFC shirt bought early 1974 from the Sports Shop closest to Kenilworth Road came without the badge! 

My mum also discarded my Umbro City shirt and my collection of pre 1950 City programmes...deliberately, allegedly.  All because of my dad divorcing her, again allegedly. 

Bitter? Me? Allegedly!

I should change my name to Al Legedly.

Archived