IGNORED

Best Roast Dinner Combination?

CyderInACan

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I've got the least funny username anywhere in the world but I wasn't going for laughs which is lucky because if I was I'd be an idiot

6 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

What constitutes "just right" @The dastardly red

you know it when you taste it and if it's not just right throw the plate at the wall and learn yourself some manners on the way out

5 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I parboil, then roll them in dried polenta. Roast 'em in goosefat....job's very much a good 'un.

You could also cut up a potato into a small dice and parboil along with the other potatoes. The diced potato disintegrates and coats the others, leading to very crispy roasties. Roast in goose fat or lard. Sounds a bit odd, but I promise you it works...

1 hour ago, Calculus said:

You could also cut up a potato into a small dice and parboil along with the other potatoes. The diced potato disintegrates and coats the others, leading to very crispy roasties. Roast in goose fat or lard. Sounds a bit odd, but I promise you it works...

This cannibalism reminds me of a trick I know to making the best cuppa. You brew the tea in your mug and then add the warm teabag to your usual measure of milk in a separate glass and let it flavour the milk before adding it to the tea. Bit of a faff but bloody worth it. 

Also boiling your spuds for roasters with a muslin sack containing the potato peelings, makes for a very potatoey potato if that makes sense! 

Roast rib of aged beef...big ol crispy yorkshires...crispy roasties ....and your choice of fresh veg....personally I like carrots , broccoli , sweetheart cabbage or kale and crispy roasted parsnips glazed with honey. Oh and the best gravey made with the meat juices. ...and horseradish Source is a must! ....or a leg of lamb with minted gravey....both sublime....feel proper hungry now! 

22 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Roast rib of aged beef...big ol crispy yorkshires...crispy roasties ....and your choice of fresh veg....personally I like carrots , broccoli , sweetheart cabbage or kale and crispy roasted parsnips glazed with honey. Oh and the best gravey made with the meat juices. ...and horseradish Source is a must! ....or a leg of lamb with minted gravey....both sublime....feel proper hungry now! 

I am dribbling like an English Mastiff with his dinner bowl just out of reach.

"Mmmmmm".

Uncle TFR

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I always think I was born in the wrong culture. I've never been much of a fan of roasts. I'll eat them, but I wouldn't go out of my way to have one.

When I cook for the Robbo household, it's mainly Italian dishes or fresh fish.

I consider roasts to be like shagging...bloody sublime, but would get pretty samey if you had it every day.

(Especially if it was the same dish)

47 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I consider roasts to be like shagging...bloody sublime, but would get pretty samey if you had it every day.

(Especially if it was the same dish)

If it's like shagging then no wonder I have an olive skinned dark-eyed wife! Viva Italia! 

Good job she likes English meat and two veg. ;)

22 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

If it's like shagging then no wonder I have an olive skinned dark-eyed wife! Viva Italia! 

Good job she likes English meat and two veg. ;)

...... and you talking about her like this on OTIB.

Carefull Robbo, sounds like you are one step away from dogging.

FAO Rudolph ........

Uncle TFR

22 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Pork, crackilng, apple Source, roasters done in goose fat, new potatoes, cauliflower very well salted and cut extremely small, peas, kale - all covered in a filthy meaty gravey.

Be round about 2pm on Sunday 

Archived