IGNORED

Best Roast Dinner Combination?

CyderInACan

Inspired by he "Sandwich..." thread I wondered what my fellow OTIB'ers regard as the holy grail of Roast Dinner combos? 

Personally I think you're hard pressed to beat a nice Leg of Lamb studded with Garlic & Rosemary and served with Crispy Roasters, a selection of Veg and fresh mint source and Redcurrant Jelly. 

What a triumph. 

I find roast chicken a bit boring, do like some bread *wont let me write it without it auto changing it!* Source with it though. Apart from that, any other roast will do apart from nut...what a travesty that is.

All roasts must have the full selection of sides and condiments though, e.g apple, mint, horseradish etc. Oh and the gravy needs to be top drawer or it just ruins it.

56 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Inspired by he "Sandwich..." thread I wondered what my fellow OTIB'ers regard as the holy grail of Roast Dinner combos? 

Personally I think you're hard pressed to beat a nice Leg of Lamb studded with Garlic & Rosemary and served with Crispy Roasters, a selection of Veg and fresh mint source and Redcurrant Jelly. 

What a triumph. 

Put little bits of anchovies in slits in the lamb...really improves the flavour.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Roast pork belly with salty crackling, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and crispy roasters. Smudge of spple s auce on the side and I always have yorkie puds even if I'm not having beef.

Sounds wonderful Peg, what time do you want me? Shove your apple Source though, give me some bread to mop up my gravy instead, and can we have peas as well? Peas get overlooked too often on roast dinners

1 hour ago, Woodsy said:

Sounds wonderful Peg, what time do you want me? Shove your apple Source though, give me some bread to mop up my gravy instead, and can we have peas as well? Peas get overlooked too often on roast dinners

Bread and Gravy is a vastly under-rated thing indeed. Best though after a Lamb one when there's a real meaty, minty, Gravy to be soaked into every pore of the bread. Much better than a pudding. 

Archived