IGNORED

Roger Malone back on the radio

Never to the dark side

"And Walsall's Craig Shakespeare sends a tempest of a shot against the bar..."

"David Rennie laces that one through the Northampton midfield...[then, later, but in the same highlights!!] David Rennie shoehorns the ball past the Cobblers' defence"

(Walking along the halfway line, doing a piece to camera, with that old white line-painter trundle thing) "Let's get a line on current form..."

F me, he was good.

(As camera returns to studio after Rodge had 'grilled' Big Joe following a home defeat [prob involving Scott McGarvey, Gary Stanley, or both) "Joe Jordan, who did not run away for an interview with me" (he meant to say 'from an interview' if anyone's still p*ssed from last night and can't work that one out)

Not that I remember/still dream about all of these, you understand.

2 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Wouldn't go within a hundred miles of listening to anything with Steve " I'm so wacky" Yabsley !

Comes from the same 70's Radio One type school as that total useless**** Steve Wright !

I used to like Lamp-post Safari and The Sage of Brislington (Walt Pickering).

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Sorry, I don't get the love in. He was a truly terrible broadcaster, so unless it is a case of "so bad he was brilliant" I struggle to understand what people see in him.

He was so awful that listeners/viewers found it funny. That's what people remember.

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Wouldn't go within a hundred miles of listening to anything with Steve " I'm so wacky" Yabsley !

Comes from the same 70's Radio One type school as that total useless**** Steve Wright !

It's a personal thing isn't it.  Steve Wright always left me cold, though a lot of my mates viewed it as a must listen show, whereas Steve Yabsley has me chuckling away.  I can see that they're doing similar thinsg but Steve Yabsley does it much more intelligently than Steve Wright with his one dimensional Mr Angry charcater ("Hello?  Hello?") being a particular bete noir for me.  IMHO.

32 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's a personal thing isn't it.  Steve Wright always left me cold, though a lot of my mates viewed it as a must listen show, whereas Steve Yabsley has me chuckling away.  I can see that they're doing similar thinsg but Steve Yabsley does it much more intelligently than Steve Wright with his one dimensional Mr Angry charcater ("Hello?  Hello?") being a particular bete noir for me.  IMHO.

We'll have to agree to differ.:cool:

Never forget when doing the Monday night highlights from the games played, and Swindon had a midfielder called Tom Jones who scored, he came out with "its not unusual" for Tom to do that. Saying that anyone remember Flashback for the fans, great listen about old players from their playing days. To Cheesley, "Shilton should of done that Maradona" classic gold. 

Archived