IGNORED

Roger Malone back on the radio

Never to the dark side

1 hour ago, Clevedon Red said:

Colin Howlett.

I remember when Rovers got relegated from what is now the Championship (in 93 I think ), Colin Howlett was on the Radio saying what a good thing this will be for Rovers and he was looking forward to it as there will be more local derbies and generally putting a positive spin on things. Twentyman took him to task and then with very soon after he left Radio Bristol.

2 minutes ago, elruli said:

Great days listening on the radio, Tune in after half time to find what the score was. We could be 2-0 down or 2-0 up. Whilst watching the vidiprinter on telly. They never said the score on radio Bristol. 

Remember they used to break into a song and say there has been a goal at Ashton gate. It was usually bad news...

Roger Malone would be an ideal presenter for the TV programme Made in Bristol. Put the two together and it could become a cult classic. Perhaps take it on tour to the Edinburgh Fringe, or enter one episode at the Cannes Film Festival. 

9 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Wouldn't go within a hundred miles of listening to anything with Steve " I'm so wacky" Yabsley !

Comes from the same 70's Radio One type school as that total useless**** Steve Wright !

You gotta be in it to win. It's a send up Partridge Stylee 

For all the piss taking of the legend that is Rog, HTV back in the day actually gave us more coverage then than Points Gas (& their Wael wankfest) and whatever abomination ITV is called do now..

No one does say, a goal of the month for our local sides, do they?

42 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

For all the piss taking of the legend that is Rog, HTV back in the day actually gave us more coverage then than Points Gas (& their Wael wankfest) and whatever abomination ITV is called do now..

No one does say, a goal of the month for our local sides, do they?

Surely that would be penalty of the month?

12 hours ago, bs3 said:

I remember when Rovers got relegated from what is now the Championship (in 93 I think ), Colin Howlett was on the Radio saying what a good thing this will be for Rovers and he was looking forward to it as there will be more local derbies and generally putting a positive spin on things. Twentyman took him to task and then with very soon after he left Radio Bristol.

I was going to pull you up on that and say surely Twentyman hasn't been on RB for 23 years?

But I've looked it, and  bar a 1 year sojourn back to Rovers as assistant to Hollowhead in '96, he has.

Time certainly flies.

Nothing against Roger Malone.

More than willing to join in the ****** chants at the time, but mostly a bit of fun.

Except that day he got stranded up in the gantry. :whistle2:

He gave a lecture at my school in the mid. '70's on local football, which quickly turned into a Q&A about City and the relative merits of Atyeo, Galley and Cheesley, and he was by far the most interesting visiting speaker we ever had.

Also remember having a chat with him in a camera/TV shop on Blackboy Hill. Good bloke.

Archived