IGNORED

Luke Aying at fault for Pack goal on Tuesday!

Acton Red

Just watched the highlights and ...

1. he tackles Tomlin on the edge of his area -
  2. then drives towards the centre circle in the middle of the pitch to support the attack,
  3. watches as the Leeds player get disposessed by Pack
  4. and then realises Tomlin and Pack are driving into the right back area but too late...

Probably why he was let go. Great ball player, but no pace and no discipline in his shape

4 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

2. then drives towards the centre circle in the middle of the pitch to support the attack,
  4. and then realises Tomlin and Pack are driving into the right back area but too late...

Probably why he was let go. Great ball player, but no pace and no discipline in his shape

Agent Bill .

Yep.

LJ knew he would concede a bad goal against us while playing for Leeds.

Quite rightly he then made the decision to sell him - to Leeds.

The man CANNOT put a foot wrong.

I, for one, will be sad to see him go to Arsenal next summer.

Thanks for the memories Lee, and 'bon voyage'.

:sub:

Uncle TFR

25 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

I posted this view on another thread, but I was only doing it out of fun (and a poke at the Ayling-boo boys).  You can't really attach blame to Ayling for our goal.  Their midfielder effed up.  Of course had it been us conceding and Korey had lost the ball like that, then if course it's right and fitting to blame someone else :whistle:

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Or much discipline when it comes to alcohol.....

I presume that you can back up that inflammatory statement RR because, if you can't it's a dangerous and senseless statement to make. 

You're fond of claiming to have no interest in players once they've left City, yet decide to scorn one who never gave less than 100% and was a distinguished member of our promotion squad.

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

I presume that you can back up that inflammatory statement RR because, if you can't it's a dangerous and senseless statement to make. 

You're fond of claiming to have no interest in players once they've left City, yet decide to scorn one who never gave less than 100% and was a distinguished member of our promotion squad.

And, judging by the hearty hugs with and from his erstwhile teammates at the end of the game, a much-loved one.

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Ayling likes a drink more than most as the Cheltenham scenario showed. He was the same at Yeovil if you listen to some of their fans. He was exactly the same at City and I'm glad he wasn't here when Danny Wilson was manager - although he'd have fitted in well.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason why City let him go. He is after all a decent enough player.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Ayling likes a drink more than most as the Cheltenham scenario showed. He was the same at Yeovil if you listen to some of their fans. He was exactly the same at City and I'm glad he wasn't here when Danny Wilson was manager - although he'd have fitted in well.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason why City let him go. He is after all a decent enough player.

The pictures I saw of 'the Cheltenham scenario' showed LA standing on the balcony.

I do not recall seeing any pictures of LA with a drink, alcoholic or otherwise, in his hand: I would suggest that everything else in your post is pure speculation based on hearsay and, if I might say so, somewhat spiteful and totally unnecessary.

3 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The pictures I saw of 'the Cheltenham scenario' showed LA standing on the balcony.

I do not recall seeing any pictures of LA with a drink, alcoholic or otherwise, in his hand: I would suggest that everything else in your post is pure speculation based on hearsay and, if I might say so, somewhat spiteful and totally unnecessary.

Phil, why are you defending a former player? 

Its common knowledge that LA enjoys a drink or two but then you wouldn't necessarily know that living in France.

Ayling was caught in no man's land, as right back he was ahead of the ball when the ball was in his own half, not like he was in our penalty area, even worse if you watch the highlights is how slow he is to respond, he was walking while the midfielder was under pressure and only came back into the picture when Tomlin layed the ball off.

12 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

Ayling was caught in no man's land, as right back he was ahead of the ball when the ball was in his own half, not like he was in our penalty area, even worse if you watch the highlights is how slow he is to respond, he was walking while the midfielder was under pressure and only came back into the picture when Tomlin layed the ball off.

I don't think anyone thought the Leeds player was going to lose the ball in such a situation. Anyone blaming LA for that goal has clearly never played the game.

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Why would I not defend a former player or, indeed, any player if he has done nothing wrong?

Did I say that LA had done anything wrong?  He, like most blokes of his age likes a drink or two but in his case his usage had led to it being common knowledge, both at City and at Yeovil.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't think anyone thought the Leeds player was going to lose the ball in such a situation

LJ said in his post match interview that the Leeds player "took a touch too many" and praised Pack for disposessing him ( I can't remember the players name) 

But as the OP said LA was out of position, not that I care. It was three points and I do care about that.

6 minutes ago, Whitchurch1966 said:

But the real-life game of football isn't played in rigid 442 formations.  This didn't stem from a goal-kick or dead ball, where teams do line up fairly rigidly in a confined 20 yard part of the pitch, but where Leeds had the chance to break away.  Their no19, Hernandez, failed to let the ball run across him, had a heavy touch that Pack was able to read and then close him down.  He completely lost his team's momentum, actually going backwards / to the side, exposing his centre backs.  He then tried to turn back right against a right footed tackler, and Pack pinched the ball off of him.  The rest is history.

To blame Ayling is wrong.  Players are allowed to be past the ball, Leeds had firm posession, just Hernandez effed it up.  Had their been a bit of midfield ping-pong going on, with no team in decent control of the football, and Ayling had started to bomb forward, I'd accept your argument....but that wasn't the case.

Little and Bryan's starting positions are often ahead of the line of the ball, so that they can receive the ball in more advanced positions.  If they don't do that you have SOD syndrome where every pass is a square pass before it gets knocked back to Flint to hoof it forward.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Or much discipline when it comes to alcohol.....

44 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Outrageous statements to make. You really do post some utter tripe.

Evidence please and not that's what other fans have said blah blah blah etc. How has Luke Ayling's private life effected his time at City? The majority would say he was a good player for us, with some obvious weaknesses that were evident again on Tuesday along side his strengths.

You should stop recycling other peoples opinions and hear say as your own.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Rumour isn't proof. If you're going to besmirch LA's character (and you are) you'll be best advised to be able to substantiate your claim with hard evidence (but you can't). In other words, stop posting bollocks.

49 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Outrageous statements to make. You really do post some utter tripe.

You should stop recycling other peoples opinions and hear say as your own.

I'm surprised you react like that! I always thought that based other posts of yours, that you are ITK. Obviously I was wrong.

Archived