IGNORED

Luke Aying at fault for Pack goal on Tuesday!

Acton Red

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I'm surprised you react like that! I always thought that based other posts of yours, that you are ITK. Obviously I was wrong.

Well that was worth the wait. Lowest form of wit it is then.

Not surprised you didn't defend your previous posts as they were quite indefensible.

1 hour ago, Super said:

I don't think anyone thought the Leeds player was going to lose the ball in such a situation. Anyone blaming LA for that goal has clearly never played the game.

That is a bit patronising isn't it Super? Surely opinions on a football match is what this forum is about?  Hope your day improves.,

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Good play by pack/Tomlin rather than bad play by ayling ??

Excellent from both. 

No doubt Ayling was out of position but if there was any really bad play it came from the bloke who was dispossed and Pack and Tomlin capitalised on the error.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Just annoys me sometimes with ex players on here.

Really good to see fans on here protecting the reputations of players who gave their all for our club, but watching football is often about opinions and enjoying the discussion. I do believe he was at fault as he pushed forward in the centre of the park, not down the wing, and then as the move broke down he did not spot the danger quick enough to react. oh and I have played for 30 years and coach an under 18's team. Very skillful player.

8 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

Really good to see fans on here protecting the reputations of players who gave their all for our club, but watching football is often about opinions and enjoying the discussion. I do believe he was at fault as he pushed forward in the centre of the park, not down the wing, and then as the move broke down he did not spot the danger quick enough to react. oh and I have played for 30 years and coach an under 18's team. Very skillful player.

Fair enough mate we'll agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

The pictures I saw of 'the Cheltenham scenario' showed LA standing on the balcony.

I do not recall seeing any pictures of LA with a drink, alcoholic or otherwise, in his hand: I would suggest that everything else in your post is pure speculation based on hearsay and, if I might say so, somewhat spiteful and totally unnecessary.

That is LA in the middle of the three with wine glass in hand.

Not saying he was doing anything wrong, but you're misinformed to say he wasn't pictured drinking. 

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

That is LA in the middle of the three with wine glass in hand.

Not saying he was doing anything wrong, but you're misinformed to say he wasn't pictured drinking. 

image.jpeg

Certainly appears to be LA with the wine glass, although I don't recall seeing that particular picture.

I did say 'The pictures I saw of 'the Cheltenham scenario' showed LA standing on the balcony. I do not recall seeing any pictures of LA with a drink, alcoholic or otherwise, in his hand'.

The incident itself was several months ago, and I must confess to having had a few drinks myself since :whistle:, but the picture I seem to recall was LA with his usual wide-eyed smile/grin with his arms around both the other two characters - by extension, if he had his arms around two other men he was probably not holding a drink at the time. 

Hands Up, though, I may have been mistaken: nevertheless, still no reason to cast aspersions on LA's character.

31 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

I know this isn't in reference to my comments, but I wasn't  protecting Ayling because he was an ex-player, only because I couldn't blame him for the goal that happened in fluid, open play.  Hernandez turned a highly promising counter attack into a goal for us.

I wouldn't say that 'playing the game' qualifies anyone or disqualifies anyone.  Some people watch games very differently.  Some pros have little idea about the tactical side of football, getting by by instinct, skill etc, others word hard at that side.  Massive generalisation here, but a lot more of the better managers have been defenders than attackers.  I think they watch the game unfold in front of them, and have a better perspective.  Of course, loads of exceptions to this.

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know this isn't in reference to my comments, but I wasn't  protecting Ayling because he was an ex-player, only because I couldn't blame him for the goal that happened in fluid, open play.  Hernandez turned a highly promising counter attack into a goal for us.

I wouldn't say that 'playing the game' qualifies anyone or disqualifies anyone.  Some people watch games very differently.  Some pros have little idea about the tactical side of football, getting by by instinct, skill etc, others word hard at that side.  Massive generalisation here, but a lot more of the better managers have been defenders than attackers.  I think they watch the game unfold in front of them, and have a better perspective.  Of course, loads of exceptions to this.

Indeed, but an interesting generalisation nonetheless, and one in which I have believed for many years.

Likewise, although this defeats the argument somewhat, I am not a great fan of goalkeepers as captains. 

21 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Indeed, but an interesting generalisation nonetheless, and one in which I have believed for many years.

Likewise, although this defeats the argument somewhat, I am not a great fan of goalkeepers as captains. 

Captain is fairly irrelevant in football....only there to toss the coin and choose ends.  It's a token responsibility.  Leaders are what you want.  Flint is a leader without needing the armband.  Pack, O'Neil and Smith all lead by example whether they have the armband or not.  Tomlin is also, albeit it a different way.  When he is playing well, he raises the rest of the team.  Albie is your big brother / sister type leader whether he is skipper or not.  You kick one of his teammates, expect a visit from him.

When you look at the England team a lot was made of lack of leaders....and there aren't many / any.

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

Phil, why are you defending a former player? 

Its common knowledge that LA enjoys a drink or two but then you wouldn't necessarily know that living in France.

5 hours ago, Super said:

Don't most players?

Maybe in days gone by, but not during the season so much now I don't think. After Fulham on Saturday people were talking to the players, someone told a player to go and enjoy a drink that evening as he had deserved it. He said 'no way, no drinking, we got a game on Tuesday, I can't have a drink' and he wasn't joking. 

That's how seriously our players prepare for games. Impressed.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Captain is fairly irrelevant in football....only there to toss the coin and choose ends.  It's a token responsibility.  Leaders are what you want.  Flint is a leader without needing the armband.  Pack, O'Neil and Smith all lead by example whether they have the armband or not.  Tomlin is also, albeit it a different way.  When he is playing well, he raises the rest of the team.  Albie is your big brother / sister type leader whether he is skipper or not.  You kick one of his teammates, expect a visit from him.

When you look at the England team a lot was made of lack of leaders....and there aren't many / any.

I am sure you are right, and I have heard frequently from many on this forum how he is always encouraging and cajoling (in a positive sense) his younger teammates, and I am sure they all benefit from such 'leadership' qualities, even if he is not the official team 'captain'.

Without wishing to denigrate LT, if only he could learn to refrain from his constant dissent/backchat to referees!

53 minutes ago, RedM said:

Maybe in days gone by, but not during the season so much now I don't think. After Fulham on Saturday people were talking to the players, someone told a player to go and enjoy a drink that evening as he had deserved it. He said 'no way, no drinking, we got a game on Tuesday, I can't have a drink' and he wasn't joking. 

That's how seriously our players prepare for games. Impressed.

Not like West Ham on an all day drinking session on Monday/Tuesday! 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I don't agree. It depends on how the Manager wants them to operate. I think many would agree that Wade Elliott had a big influenceon the squad and team spirit despite rarely getting a game in our promotion season. Cotts saw the benefitsof having a leader in the squad.

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Not like West Ham on an all day drinking session on Monday/Tuesday! 

Bilic has said that he told Mark Noble to take the squad out for a bonding session, Bilic seems to see Noble as someone he can trust.

Yeah I agree he was at fault. Not the only player of course (the guy that lost possession is probably more to blame) but a right back going wondering up the pitch ahead of the ball and then being slow to get back is poor and it's a problem that Ayling needs to sort out as he did it far too often for us as well.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Or much discipline when it comes to alcohol.....

Unfair mate. The gutter press take pictures of the players from a place where the public are not admitted. Luke's idiot friend (?) disgraces himself but where's the evidence that Luke was pissed? Pack was on the same balcony, might as well blame him as well? Pack and Ayling, City beat Leeds 1 nil from a goal by Pack on Ayling's side of defence  ....HANG ON A MINUTE !!!

Archived