IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day Thread

7 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Whats with the use of the third conditional? Is the game over?

Indeed. Never understood why some are so keen to judge the game as soon as the first goal goes in. It's as if as soon as one team takes the lead, minds are made up about the result and the inquest into team selection, tactics and formation can begin. Wait for full time - especially this season! Johnson's ability to change a game has been exceptional since he's been here.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

From what I've seen Tomlin is a big miss. Tammy looking isolated. Forest have had the better of the pretty mundane half. 

Expect to see O'Neil & Freeman second half, Wilbs when desperation kicks in. 

I'd agree with that. It's all been very close together. Forest seem to be pressing us well and our movement isn't good enough to get out of these situations. 

Reid looks out of sorts to me and Brownhill seems to be lacking some positional discipline so I wouldn't be surprised to see one or both off if things don't change soon. 

Missing Tomlin. You don't realise his impact until he's not out there. Always 2-3 defenders near him which he can still beat. No Tomlin meaning no open spaces for anyone else because everyone is being marked. Real young team so it's no surprise we are down but they should still be playing better. Been a really poor first half both ways. I expect a totally different second half just like Wigan and Villa. 

• Like 1

1-0 down at half time. Well we've been here before this season haven't we. 

Forest look poor so no reason we can't turn this around. 

Johnson decided today that speed and skill would win this for us today and to be fair we've given Forest pleanty of trouble with one touch stuff.

Forest got a grip after 25 mins of one way traffic and got the goal courtesy of Taylor Moore's defending. 

Don't get sensitive about me criticising Moore. He's only a kid so huge potential and to be fair his caracter appears tough.

But he has looked out of his comfort zone at times, particularly going forward. Overlapping he has been struggling on the ball.

Tammy looks pumped up for this but we haven't really created any chances for him. Tame header form Bobby the only chance on goal I think. Good crosses from O'Dowda and Paterson weren't met and other than that we just haven't converted in final third. 

We're clearly the better team though, so we should break Forest down eventually.

Edited by mozo
Typo

The ball has spent more time in the air than on the ground, playing right into Forest's advantage. 

Some pretty headless midfield play has contributed to a pretty poor half. 

Someone needs to get a grip of the play, get it on the deck and play football or were in danger of a  conceding a few more (and that's from not a great opposition)

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Not sure why an in form Bryan and Freeman weren't started today. Rotation is good but never change a winning side where you can. 

Sounds like a game that neither side can take a hold in which isn't a good sign at 1-0 down

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Just said the same. Dont get why we have made so many changes?  We look lost in the middle

We'll have to start calling LJ the Tinkerman

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

From what I've seen Tomlin is a big miss. Tammy looking isolated. Forest have had the better of the pretty mundane half. 

Expect to see O'Neil & Freeman second half, Wilbs when desperation kicks in. 

I agree with this. But as I said after the Leeds game. Why didn't LJ tell Tomlin to get his self booked the game before the Fulham cup game, (I think it was the Derby game). He then would have missed the cup game against Fulham, which he didn't play in any way and would have been playing today. Small mistakes like that in my mind can make all the difference.