IGNORED

One for the future?

Port Said Red

14 hours ago, City_pete1 said:

I remember Lua Lua tearing us apart for Colchester a couple of times when he was a youngster, got big applause from us for some of the things he did on the pitch. I think we bid big for him at the time, but he went to Newcastle and never reached the heights I thought he could have.

If you are talking about Lomana Lua Lua, he is retired now, but all details on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomana_LuaLua   Kazenga Lua Lua is a midfielder for Brighton.

1 hour ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Leroy Lita. Had a purple patch in the Prem with Reading but I'd thought he'd do a lot better than what he actually has. Slowly filtered through the leagues after numerous loan spells. 

31 and without a club after being released by Yeovil. Some fall from grace

I really rated Jordan Wynter after a game at Gillingham

Even remarked to my wife that we had seen a future international star

Injuries or lifestyle seem to be the undoing of so many young stars.  Trust we are better set up now on both counts.

As for City players.  I really thought Brian Clarke would outshine his father and rival Atyeo as a City striker.

Two forgotten City stars who barely get a mention who came to us as their careers were winding down - Chris Crowe from Forest and Arthur Milton from The Arsenal

Archived