IGNORED

an appeal to those who set off smoke bombs at football matches.

Never to the dark side

9 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

please don't and that includes those fire things.

Please give reasons as to why not?

We went and watched Willem II last November. Flares and smoke bombs going off everywhere. Atmosphere was electric and everyone loved it. No complaints from women, kids, elderly (some little 8 yr old was even holding one of the smokes).

7 minutes ago, SARJ said:

We went and watched Willem II last November. Flares and smoke bombs going off everywhere. Atmosphere was electric and everyone loved it. No complaints from women, kids, elderly (some little 8 yr old was even holding one of the smokes).

Well to be fair, the simple reason is that in this country it is illegal, but besides that....I do agree I'm curious to know what prompted the post!

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

Call me a spoilsport but perhaps the acrid smoke could affect the breathing of an asthmatic.

Main reason though is the legality.

2 hours ago, SARJ said:

I was over in Tilburg in November what a great crack. The pyro was class. 

3 hours ago, Ciderhead433 said:

Same as the clowns from the states people see em and think uuuuhhhh that looks cool ill copy.

How can anyone possibly think that dressing up as a clown and terrorising people with baseball bats , hatchets and machetes is cool.

They're just sick.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I'm not an asthmatic but any smoke now causes me, a reasonably fit 73 year old who can walk four miles a day with my dog, varying degrees of discomfort.

Thus I consider that letting off smoke bombs at a football match is a totally irresponsible and selfish act done without consideration for others.

A couple of points:

- If you are abroad you must have very sensitive lungs.

- Is the fact you have walked 4 miles a day with your dog the reason you are abroad? You should have walked 2 miles, then turned around and walked home. 

As for pyro, bring it on.

Went to see the Fulham league game, we scored our third (?) and a flare was set off. I then couldn't see the game. That is all.

N.B I'm aware that it eventually cleared. It was just quite a struggle to get caught up in the atmosphere when I couldn't actually watch the match.

Pyro's look good and add to the atmosphere, without doubt. 

However, they do affect some people's breathing and people have been burned by them, so, sadly but rightly, they are banned. 

The idiots who throw them should face charges. That is just dangerous, reckless stupidity. 

It's a shame that a safe alternative can't be produced. Something like coloured dry ice. That would be great. 

14 hours ago, SARJ said:

well for a start they are illegal, those caught using them are subject to a ban and worse, not everybody enjoys them, it cause the club grief and gets them fined or worse, its selfish to other fans

what more do you want?

Archived