IGNORED

an appeal to those who set off smoke bombs at football matches.

Never to the dark side

This is the first game after we lost possibly our best player of all time. I would encourage everyone to be loud and get the surfer flag out, however it is not the best night to let off smoke bombs and partake in anything that will not put our club in the best possible light live on Global tv, just a though!

CTID

4 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Personally I don't like them, i don't understand why people have such a hardon for them, whenever I see one let off in a mass of people I think it just looks a bit pathetic.  

Because they look good and boost the atmosphere. After we score at an away game and one gets let off it definitely heightens the atmosphere even more. 

18 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Because they look good and boost the atmosphere. After we score at an away game and one gets let off it definitely heightens the atmosphere even more. 

Might be a fair point. But I much rather watch football for the next three years and not have a criminal record than set one off and be stood in a smelly smoky atmosphere for five minutes but each to his own

9 minutes ago, Big C said:

Might be a fair point. But I much rather watch football for the next three years and not have a criminal record than set one off and be stood in a smelly smoky atmosphere for five minutes but each to his own

True, I wouldn't set one off myself for that reason - the draconian ott punishments. The vape bomb idea is actually a good one, I've wondered before if that's feasible. Maybe we could crowdfund some prototypes here on otib!

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It absolutely does, not really sure how anyone can say it doesn't regardless of your opinion on them.

Certainly a better atmosphere booster than mass twirling of scarves or something. 

It does for some people but not others.

There was a video a couple of weeks ago from the Fulham game by someone who was stood exactly where one of the canisters ended up and all the people in the area could be heard complaining about it.

8 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It absolutely does, not really sure how anyone can say it doesn't regardless of your opinion on them.

Certainly a better atmosphere booster than mass twirling of scarves or something. 

I can say it doesn't because for me it's utter crap, a bit of smoke floating around the away end at Fulham didn't IMO enhance the atmosphere, the constant singing/chanting was what made the atmosphere there and would have been equally as good without the bit of smoke that drifted around for a bit.

2 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

It does for some people but not others.

There was a video a couple of weeks ago from the Fulham game by someone who was stood exactly where one of the canisters ended up and all the people in the area could be heard complaining about it.

There were also quite a few kids in the area where it landed.

What was the point of having 'Pyro Dogs' sniffing everyone on the way in if they don't do their job? It happened last season too.

Archived