IGNORED

an appeal to those who set off smoke bombs at football matches.

Never to the dark side

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m just amazed no-one`s shot one yet over there.

Being from there, it's the next step and the shooter will be in the right. Well, depends on the situation. If you're legally allowed to carry your gun and a creepy clown is walking towards you with a machete and you shoot him, it's his fault. Feel your life or well being is threatened then it's fair game. So yea, I don't get the craze and I don't know why it's picking up in other countries either. 

11 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

A couple of points:

- If you are abroad you must have very sensitive lungs.

- Is the fact you have walked 4 miles a day with your dog the reason you are abroad? You should have walked 2 miles, then turned around and walked home. 

As for pyro, bring it on.

My forum name was initiated while living in Portugal. When I returned to live near Bristol, I just kept the same name.

Where I live is not relevant anyway. You selfish bastards ones who want topollute the air we breathe would end up killing a fellow supporter sooner rather than later if you were allowed to set off smoke bombs in public places.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

My forum name was initiated while living in Portugal. When I returned to live near Bristol, I just kept the same name.

Where I live is not relevant anyway. You selfish bastards ones who want topollute the air we breathe would end up killing a fellow supporter sooner rather than later if you were allowed to set off smoke bombs in public places.

Easy tiger.  Just giving my opinion like you gave yours.  Personally I haven't heard of anyone dying from a smoke bomb.

In all seater stadia there isn't as much opportunity to move away so I concede that it can affect those that don't wish to have them around.  IF we had safe standing and an area where more liked minded fans could group together then there would be more opportunity to avoid them or seek them out depending on your preference.   As things stand people are affected that don't wish to be.  

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why hasn't someone invented the 'vape bomb' yet that releases coloured water.

It could be the safe alternative to the smoke bomb.

It does make you wonder why someone hasn't invested in a "safe" colour flare?

Or maybe it is because it is only in the UK they are banned at grounds so no point in investing in it?

18 hours ago, SARJ said:

Please give reasons as to why not?

We went and watched Willem II last November. Flares and smoke bombs going off everywhere. Atmosphere was electric and everyone loved it. No complaints from women, kids, elderly (some little 8 yr old was even holding one of the smokes).

Because the people that set them off then throw them so as not to get caught by the stewards and bystanders get hit on the head, including a child last season

It's diferent up the Lions, in a more open space where you can get away from them. In a packed stand they are going to hit someone in front if thrown

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

It does make you wonder why someone hasn't invested in a "safe" colour flare?

Or maybe it is because it is only in the UK they are banned at grounds so no point in investing in it?

The highly reflective red bike lights? they are bright and make a strong red glow especially at night. and cheap, legal and reusable! but i think its more the excitement of "ooo fire" that gets people going.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, lanceloto said:

The highly reflective red bike lights? they are bright and make a strong red glow especially at night. and cheap, legal and reusable! but i think its more the excitement of "ooo fire" that gets people going.

Something for Bristol Sport to think about - how about we get a red glow stick on each seat for the Brighton game?

Would be an interesting affect as the teams enter the pitch - one for @Mkelly to pass on :thumbsup:

like the idea of evening 'red light show' - could also solve the problem of what tune City could come out on to the pitch to - The Police and "Roxanne"

Seriously though there could be something the club could look into as I have been to couple of concerts where you get the flashing wrist bands - maybe the club could install the system and give a red only light wrist band to fans? 

Red flashing could even co-ordinate the icelandic clap!

concert.jpg

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Going to football is starting to sound like a cross between a Jean Michel Jarre spectacular and a Klaxons gig.

Not sure this will achieve anything other than identify the number of seats that haven't been sold.

nothing wrong with looking at different ways of creating mass crowd effects through light or what ever. Perhaps try it out in one stand only and you can sit in another in a darkened corner!

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Something for Bristol Sport to think about - how about we get a red glow stick on each seat for the Brighton game?

Would be an interesting affect as the teams enter the pitch - one for @Mkelly to pass on :thumbsup:

A night game would have the best effect.

Only issue would be kids eating them.... genuinely may be a health and safety concern?

4 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Please feel free to let off as much pyro as you like.....

After all you probably wont be part of the enforced bubble next year any way.... being banned and all that

Worth remembering the penalty for being caught - not just in the ground but attempting to smuggle one in - is a minimum 3 year ban and a criminal record.

At least 6 City fans have suffered this fate in the last few years, at least one of whom lost their job.

I'm surprised the word hasn't got round. It may be seen as harmless and great fun by many, particularly after a few pre match pints, but it's illegal in this country and the police and authorities take it very seriously.

No one should be encouraging young and naive fans to do it.

6 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Why hasn't someone invented the 'vape bomb' yet that releases coloured water.

It could be the safe alternative to the smoke bomb.

BOOM!

You've just won the 'best idea of the week' award.

Your prize is an intimate dinner with NTTDS at any Little Chef of your choosing.

Archived