IGNORED

City stay Fifth

Major Isewater

2 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

A win last night would have only put us 4th so if there is a good one to lose perhaps that was it. Essential we get something on Tuesday though 

I don't like the way Colin sends his teams out to play but I find myself agreeing with him when he says that this is probably the most exciting league in the world where top can be beaten by bottom ( and vice versa obviously )

True, but feel we could have won 2 or even 3 games where we have lost/drawn this season. We could be sitting on 26 / 27 points and it would not be a unfair reflection on our games.... just imagine being top right now with that point tally ! People would think we were using hacks...

34 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Think we had a similar dip after last international break. Something to think about.

Momentum is certainly lost with these breaks.  Colin also had an extra week to get players in. Had they not signed Bamba we probably wouldn't have lost last night. 

Its only another 3 weeks before another one I think..

7 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Momentum is certainly lost with these breaks.  Colin also had an extra week to get players in. Had they not signed Bamba we probably wouldn't have lost last night. 

Its only another 3 weeks before another one I think..

Certainly seems that way with us.

Wasn't it after the last international break that we drew with Rotherham after being 2 down?

Last season we beat Bolton 6-0 at home then got dicked 4-0 away to Hull 2 weeks later after an international break. We were on a decent run of form as well before that break unlike Hull.

Still coming to terms with how we played yesterday, however today does show how tight things will be this season. We are more than capable of winning the next three games with a league cup quarter thrown in. Can anyone honestly see Hull coming to AG with a huge intent.

keep the faith CTID

5 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Still coming to terms with how we played yesterday, however today does show how tight things will be this season. We are more than capable of winning the next three games with a league cup quarter thrown in. Can anyone honestly see Hull coming to AG with a huge intent.

keep the faith CTID

Huge intent is the Gas thing is n't ? 

25 minutes ago, Cotham Brow Red said:

Fully expect a much better performance. In little Lee we trust. 

Absolutely no disrespect intended mate, but I absolutely hate the way all football fans talk about their manager and say "In X we trust"...

For a start it sounds like they are talking on behalf of the whole fanbase, if they said "In X I trust" it would make it just a tiny bit more bearable. But they/you don't know if every fan trusts the manager.

I know I'm a miserable old git, but having ridden the Bristol City rollercoaster (don't tell me @Rudolf Hucker 'you've had her'??!!) for so, so, so many years I only trust my fellow supporters....we support the name, the club, the colour, the badge, each other...the rest come and go, very regularly....

And CBR, I realise this is probably a spectacular over-reaction to your short post so please accept my apologies for that. But as I said, no disrespect, I just hate the 'In X we trust' phrase....

20 hours ago, Fiale said:

True, but feel we could have won 2 or even 3 games where we have lost/drawn this season. We could be sitting on 26 / 27 points and it would not be a unfair reflection on our games.... just imagine being top right now with that point tally ! People would think we were using hacks...

Your forgetting Wigan Burton Derby Rotherham etc that's an additional 8 points we maybe shouldn't of got.

Swings and roundabouts.

This division is probably the most competitive for years. No game is a gimmie with each team having players who can win matches regularly and a poor performance is regularly punished as we found out on Friday. Teams that will be successful generally will be the ones who can be more consistent. Granted some teams will struggle more as they have less strength in depth, but if we get to January with with same points per game that we've been averaging, I think with good additions we can easily be in the top eight.

13 minutes ago, Malago said:

LJ may or may not be a tactical genius, but I would like to see us start games at a high tempo and trying to impose ourselves instead of chasing the game all the time.

"chasing the game all the time" 

Sounds as if City concede first in every game........

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

Your forgetting Wigan Burton Derby Rotherham etc that's an additional 8 points we maybe shouldn't of got.

Swings and roundabouts.

We fully deserved the win against Wigan, and deserved more than a draw against Rotherham?

Were full value for the draw against Derby but didn't deserve any more than that. So out of that list we are exactly breaking even (2 undeserved against Burton, 2 we didn't get but deserved against Rotherham.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

We fully deserved the win against Wigan, and deserved more than a draw against Rotherham?

Were full value for the draw against Derby but didn't deserve any more than that. So out of that list we are exactly breaking even (2 undeserved against Burton, 2 we didn't get but deserved against Rotherham.

ITs not about what we deserved, the fact is we got goals late which won us games. 

Archived