IGNORED

Mercedes garage

richred

4 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

It's gonna be houses, a few shops and a storage facility. 

All the stuff on the other side of the road however, Wickes etc, should hopefully be some news on that early in the new year :) 

If that's the case planning applications should now be in the public domain to view, if people wish to do so.

9 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

If that's the case planning applications should now be in the public domain to view, if people wish to do so.

The stadium needs to be finished before they launch the next bit. The planning for the old Mercedes garage was published a while back though :) 

6 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They've started groundworks on the old Cruikshanks site but as Dolly says it's a self storage building with a load (12!) of flats/appartments by side facing the park

Loads of flats. Excellent. That's the council's method to alleviate local parking I assume. Just squeeze 'em in. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Loads of flats. Excellent. That's the council's method to alleviate local parking I assume. Just squeeze 'em in. 

To be fair the planning on this site pre dates the AG planning. Goes back as far as 2009 I think. 

10 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

Probably a load of old tosh but was having a chat with a fella before the Forest match and he reckons all the houses at the Atyeo end have already been bought up. 

Where do people get this complete bollox from..?!

It find it amazing that 1 grown adult tells another grown adult something and they don't question it, when it doesn't make any sense. 

I can confirm that it is 100% old tosh. 

If we had the Wickes site - I hope that it's actually turned into a small 3000 in door arena, for the basketball, badminton, tennis, and indoor concerts - a decent approach avenue made into AG, landscaping tieing the 2 venues together sharing bars etc... it could look good. Then in the future, maybe the Braby site one day could be turned into a nice big hotel to tie it all in.

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It find it amazing that 1 grown adult tells another grown adult something and they don't question it, when it doesn't make any sense. 

Can I question that? :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Can I question that? :ph34r:

Of course! 

A Senior level club official has confirmed that those houses are not owned by the club or anyone associated with it and there are no plans for that to change. 

Buying up those houses would cost half the cost of all our rebuild, before a bulldozer was even booked to start getting rid of them. 

It's completely and utterly unviable, financially. 

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course! 

A Senior level club official has confirmed that those houses are not owned by the club or anyone associated with it and there are no plans for that to change. 

Buying up those houses would cost half the cost of all our rebuild, before a bulldozer was even booked to start getting rid of them. 

Ah, so that's how this questioning thing works.  I think I like it, you seem to get answers and everything! 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course! 

Liverpool.......them's done it.

9 hours ago, Erithacus said:

The old Merc garage has some form of preservation order - or at least the Art Deco work. Expect that to remain come opening time.

It actually doesn't, it's just the developers original wanted to keep the tower and frontage. They've since applied to have it removed with exception of the tower. However even that's been part demo'd as of this week.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why would anyone at the club say otherwise. One hint of it not being the case would cause the prices to be overinflated.  Like they've been the last couple of years.  3 bedroom terrace for £440k.. GTFO.

12 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Why would anyone at the club say otherwise. One hint of it not being the case would cause the prices to be overinflated.  Like they've been the last couple of years.  3 bedroom terrace for £440k.. GTFO.

Yeah it's expensive. Nice location though, walking distance of North Street and Ashton Court. Nice views, large park opposite, gyms and cafes on your doorstep and decent bus links.

58 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Not sure that's entirely true.

There are 18 houses in the row, City already own number 65.

Even if you take Tom's suggestion of an over-inflated price of £440,000 each, that would be just short of £7,500,000 so nowhere near half of the current re-build cost

Not suggesting this is or will happen, just putting the values into perspective

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course! 

So, you are saying 1 grown adult told you.....

44 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Even if you take Tom's suggestion of an over-inflated price of £440,000 each, that would be just short of £7,500,000 so nowhere near half of the current re-build cost

Well the rebuild was £45 for both stands....without knowing the breakdown, I think it would be reasonable to estimate that the South Stand maybe was £17.5 million and the Lansdown £27.5m.  Then you'd be looking at similar, or possibly cheaper, to the South Stand for an Atyeo rebuild (no electrical plant etc to move).  Therefore £7.5m may be getting close to half the rebuild cost, after all.  Obviously this is a pure guess at the cost of the rebuild, so I could be talking utter bobbins!

39 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

But it wouldn't work out like that would it? Say for example person 1 sells for 440k, followed by person 2. In 3 years time the value goes up to say 460k (bear in mind people have caught on to what's happening by now), eventually the value will just keep going up.

By the time you've got 1 or 2 houses left, the sellers can basically name their price knowing that the club wants their land to flatten what's on it and expand the stadium/grounds. If they don't sell to the club, they'll sale to someone else meaning the process will take even longer, and probably cost even more.

Archived