IGNORED

Mercedes garage

richred

With 100 million just for being in the prem, there is no value in developing a stand that might be full half a dozen times a season  at best.

The benefit on spend will be minimal. If we get to the promised land, our revenue will be dwarfed by Sky, so there is little to no need to provide additional space.

I did touch on this earlier but if you want to see how much the houses are going for (or any others if you're nosey), link is here http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detail.html?country=england&locationIdentifier=STREET^211954&searchLocation=Ashton+Road

Actual land reg records - 64 went for less than the £440 mooted earlier but priced def on the up, even if you ignore the "ransom" factor.  Most houses were placed on open market so unless the club  used a middleman/patsy, don't see them having bought all (if any) of the 8 sales in last 3 years 

IMG_9030.PNG

3 hours ago, Coombsy said:

Wicks and dreams  site to have an hotel built on it

3 hours ago, RedRaw said:

We knew that as rumour but anything more concrete to substantiate it?

There is nothing of more substance to it yet, but as Dolly has said, there are serious plans to make this happen as soon as the time is right. 

A hotel and a 4K indoor arena, I believe. 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think SL fully explained those comments, the reason for the change of mind and even issued an (unnecessary) apology to supporters. 

If you really have issues with SL at his conduct at the helm of this club then I don't think anything is ever going to change your mind because it must be some personal vendetta against the man who goes above and beyond the call of duty in trying to take this club forward. 

Wow, easy tiger!

Personal vendetta?   Really?

Merely suggesting that sometimes maybe a pinch of salt needs to be taken.

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

With 100 million just for being in the prem, there is no value in developing a stand that might be full half a dozen times a season  at best.

The benefit on spend will be minimal. If we get to the promised land, our revenue will be dwarfed by Sky, so there is little to no need to provide additional space.

That's my thinking, an away stand that can accommodate 3000 fans is more than enough - the space inside the stand can then be used for other activities / income streams that are more profitable.

18 hours ago, harrys said:

That's a bit misleading isn't it Sunderland  have a 50,000 capacity so that makes it very difficult for them to sell out, Southampton and Borough are averaging over 30,000, Burnley is only a quarter the size of Bristol but are still averaging 20,000, the same can be said of Watford, Palace and WBA are averaging around 25,000, we'd sell out no problem, 

Agree mate, but some people would prefer we didn't sell out so they'd have another reason to have a good moan

• Admin

I've only skimmed the topic whilst at work but has anyone mentioned FFP regulations? Infrastructure costs are excluded from FFP so we could spend £1b on the ground if we wanted and it wouldn't count against us on FFP. However, if this then resulted in 6 to 10 games where we had increased income over keeping the status quo, this income IS then allowed to be included as part of our turnover that we can then spend on player wages for example, allowing us to compete on a more even playing field. This will definitely be a factor in any decision to expand, it's not just a simple "can we pay off the asset in a certain timeframe" discussion, particularly as we have a philanthropist owner. 

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I've only skimmed the topic whilst at work but has anyone mentioned FFP regulations? Infrastructure costs are excluded from FFP so we could spend £1b on the ground if we wanted and it wouldn't count against us on FFP. However, if this then resulted in 6 to 10 games where we had increased income over keeping the status quo, this income IS then allowed to be included as part of our turnover that we can then spend on player wages for example, allowing us to compete on a more even playing field. This will definitely be a factor in any decision to expand, it's not just a simple "can we pay off the asset in a certain timeframe" discussion, particularly as we have a philanthropist owner. 

Mmm... so could we pay Messi £1k a week and then get him to pop up a couple of IKEA shelving units everyweek at a cost of £500k?

Those shelves really are buggers.

actually the chests of drawers are worse, he can do one of those too.

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Or 'arry's dog.  Though to be fair he's got an excuse, those hex keys are a right b****** to use with paws.

No chance!

'Arry's dog will have eaten the instructions. 

Ikea furniture is difficult enough WITH the instructions! 

Archived