IGNORED

Mercedes garage

richred

53 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Yeah it's expensive. Nice location though, walking distance of North Street and Ashton Court. Nice views, large park opposite, gyms and cafes on your doorstep and decent bus links.

What I mean is the ones to the left of duckmore road are £100k less on average..

1 minute ago, Steve Watts said:

Well the rebuild was £45 for both stands....without knowing the breakdown, I think it would be reasonable to estimate that the South Stand maybe was £17.5 million and the Lansdown £27.5m.  Then you'd be looking at similar, or possibly cheaper, to the South Stand for an Atyeo rebuild (no electrical plant etc to move).  Therefore £7.5m may be getting close to half the rebuild cost, after all.  Obviously this is a pure guess at the cost of the rebuild, so I could be talking utter bobbins!

Bar BS3 stated "Buying up those houses would cost half the cost of all our rebuild"

Rebuild cost = £45,000,000

Buying up houses = £7,5000,000

My point still stands

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

But it wouldn't work out like that would it? Say for example person 1 sells for 440k, followed by person 2. In 3 years time the value goes up to say 460k (bear in mind people have caught on to what's happening by now), eventually the value will just keep going up.

By the time you've got 1 or 2 houses left, the sellers can basically name their price knowing that the club wants their land to flatten what's on it and expand the stadium/grounds. If they don't sell to the club, they'll sale to someone else meaning the process will take even longer, and probably cost even more.

Unless the club have already got 80% of them over the past 5-6 years.  The only time we'll ever know is when they've got them all and they annouce it. Till then nobody at the club would ever admit to even remote possiblity.

For what its worth I don't believe they are looking at them. We could probably bulid a more improved single tier stand to replace the Atyeo without the need to impeed on the houses behind.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course! 

A Senior level club official has confirmed that those houses are not owned by the club or anyone associated with it and there are no plans for that to change. 

Buying up those houses would cost half the cost of all our rebuild, before a bulldozer was even booked to start getting rid of them. 

It's completely and utterly unviable, financially. 

Would that senior level club official be anywhere near as senior as the one that stated on the radio that our prize asset would not be sold to a fellow championship club?

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

If we had the Wickes site - I hope that it's actually turned into a small 3000 in door arena, for the basketball, badminton, tennis, and indoor concerts - a decent approach avenue made into AG, landscaping tieing the 2 venues together sharing bars etc... it could look good. Then in the future, maybe the Braby site one day could be turned into a nice big hotel to tie it all in.

Whilst I agree with your idea I'd say Sir Steve would be better to buy the suggested plots and land bank them for the foreseeable future due to the ongoing volatility in the marketplace and whilst the U.K. establishes its position post Brexit. 

Nothing lost (short term) as the existing properties can continue to stand, occupied on short term leases and SL is comfortable in the knowledge the land is secured and ready to develop as and when. 

That said for a Billionaire, where a £10-20M is absolutely irrelevant there is no reason not to get on with your idea. 

Securing City's ongoing success and goal of promotion and to establish Bristol Rugby in the Premiership is probably his more pressing matter. 

6 minutes ago, Fiale said:

This is what we need all the zones inside the green line - someone loan Steve a few hundred million so we can have a huge sporting and entertainment complex and hotel on this site please !!

It's a bit more complex than that - in that Midas own there bit - so a bit like this!

shot.png

1 hour ago, RedRaw said:

Not sure that's entirely true.

There are 18 houses in the row, City already own number 65.

Even if you take Tom's suggestion of an over-inflated price of £440,000 each, that would be just short of £7,500,000 so nowhere near half of the current re-build cost

Not suggesting this is or will happen, just putting the values into perspective

Makes sense and perhaps I misheard and it was half the cost of what THAT part of a project would cost.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Well the rebuild was £45 for both stands....without knowing the breakdown, I think it would be reasonable to estimate that the South Stand maybe was £17.5 million and the Lansdown £27.5m.  Then you'd be looking at similar, or possibly cheaper, to the South Stand for an Atyeo rebuild (no electrical plant etc to move).  Therefore £7.5m may be getting close to half the rebuild cost, after all.  Obviously this is a pure guess at the cost of the rebuild, so I could be talking utter bobbins!

59 minutes ago, 42nite said:

Would that senior level club official be anywhere near as senior as the one that stated on the radio that our prize asset would not be sold to a fellow championship club?

I think SL fully explained those comments, the reason for the change of mind and even issued an (unnecessary) apology to supporters. 

If you really have issues with SL at his conduct at the helm of this club then I don't think anything is ever going to change your mind because it must be some personal vendetta against the man who goes above and beyond the call of duty in trying to take this club forward. 

Funny how these rumours keep rumbling on. Latest one I was told is that they only require some, not all, the houses in order to redevelop the Atyeo. That they are only looking for another 4 and only one won't sell at the price on offer. Again probably tosh but the person who told me was given that by someone who owns one of them. I have no reason to think they weren't being genuine but it is a case of who do you believe?

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course! 

A Senior level club official has confirmed that those houses are not owned by the club or anyone associated with it and there are no plans for that to change. 

Buying up those houses would cost half the cost of all our rebuild, before a bulldozer was even booked to start getting rid of them. 

It's completely and utterly unviable, financially. 

To be fair if and a big IF we every made the Prem would it be that financially unviable? there are approx. 17 houses behind the atyeo and if we offered £350,000 each (anvery good price) that would cost approx. £6million.

5 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

To be fair if and a big IF we every made the Prem would it be that financially unviable? there are approx. 17 houses behind the atyeo and if we offered £350,000 each (anvery good price) that would cost approx. £6million.

No, probably not IF we were established in the Prem. 

Although bar the first season or 2 and then the "big" teams visits, I don't think we will be in any rush to need a bigger capacity than 27k. That need would be a long way down the line and would take a whole new level of success. 

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Is it not expired then? 

Standard trick (as per the Wedlocks) of starting the ground work and thus it technically means the construction has started. They have since filed further changes if you look on the BCC planning site such as removing of exits and demolition of the retained facia.

This is probably why Rovers are doing the car park at UWE..

9 minutes ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I haven't seen what those properties have been sold for in recent years but I know a couple of people who have lived in those houses and they are huge, certainly compared to other terrace properties in the Ashton Gate area.

Im no Estate Agent but I would imagine that given the current housing market and their BS3 location most owners who are prepared to sell up (and let's remember most probably have no intention of moving) will need more than 350k to make them tempted.

4 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Liverpool.......them's done it.

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, probably not IF we were established in the Prem. 

Although bar the first season or 2 and then the "big" teams visits, I don't think we will be in any rush to need a bigger capacity than 27k. That need would be a long way down the line and would take a whole new level of success. 

27,000 in no way would be enough for even half the games in the prem all the London clubs could easily bring 5 to 10 thousand we had loads of gates higher than 27,000the last time we were in the top flight I think there is more interest now as well

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

27,000 in no way would be enough for even half the games in the prem all the London clubs could easily bring 5 to 10 thousand we had loads of gates higher than 27,000the last time we were in the top flight I think there is more interest now as well

Why would we want away teams bringing 10000?

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

I know we probably wouldn't but I bet the club would love 10,000 people paying 30 quid plus beers pies etc

No (Prem)club in the country give an away allocation of anything even close to 10K!

After a season or 2, you think games against the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Bournemouth, Sunderland, etc etc are going to need more than 27k..?

Apart from the big, maybe 6 teams or so, 27k will, in general be adequate for Prem football. 

5 hours ago, Fiale said:

If we had the Wickes site - I hope that it's actually turned into a small 3000 in door arena, for the basketball, badminton, tennis, and indoor concerts - a decent approach avenue made into AG, landscaping tieing the 2 venues together sharing bars etc... it could look good. Then in the future, maybe the Braby site one day could be turned into a nice big hotel to tie it all in.

I'd quite like a Wickes

16 hours ago, MrBibs said:

It's a bit niche but fair play to her I say

bf19528f935721872217f3b51a3b5020.jpg

I once saw an insect football match.  At half time the ants were 0-4 down then they brought on a centipede as substitute.  As he had many more legs the centipede's footwork was amazing and the ants won 5-4.  Asked after the match why the centipede didn't start the match his manger said "He arrived late and it took him until half time to get his boots on". 

14 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No (Prem)club in the country give an away allocation of anything even close to 10K!

After a season or 2, you think games against the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Bournemouth, Sunderland, etc etc are going to need more than 27k..?

Apart from the big, maybe 6 teams or so, 27k will, in general be adequate for Prem football. 

yes I agree but it would be handy for the times we do get the BIG clubs there are at least 6 or 7 times a season when our ground would not be big enough

3 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Unless the club have already got 80% of them over the past 5-6 years.  The only time we'll ever know is when they've got them all and they annouce it. Till then nobody at the club would ever admit to even remote possiblity.

For what its worth I don't believe they are looking at them. We could probably bulid a more improved single tier stand to replace the Atyeo without the need to impeed on the houses behind.

Of the 18 houses (47-64), 8 have sold in the last three years (would imagine if there was a plan, it wouldn't go back any further than that because of when AV was on the agenda). The total sale price has been apx £2.7m, with numbers sold being 48,55,56,57,58,60,62,64. 

What does this say? It says that if you own 59,61 or 63 the price just went up! (59 last sold in 2007, 63 in 2004 and 61 in 1995).

I wouldn't be totally shocked if the club had bought some of the houses, but as the above illustrates it'd be either long term waiting game or extremely costly to get final ownership of the terrace - and considering how quickly clubs fortunes can fluctuate, it would be a surprise

34 minutes ago, pillred said:

yes I agree but it would be handy for the times we do get the BIG clubs there are at least 6 or 7 times a season when our ground would not be big enough

Of course it would be handy, but it doesn't make for a very good investment when the business plan reads... "IF we get to the Prem and IF we can stay there and become financially self sufficient, then it would be handy to have a bigger ground for 6/7 occasions per year when we might be able to sell a few extra seats to people who probably won't show up again if we return to the Championship"

Would a new stand look good? Yes. 

Would it make a significant increase to our capacity? Probably not really. An extra 2/3-possibly 4,000 extra seats max.

Would you spend in the region 10million on buying houses before a penny has been spent on the rest of the development, in order to get a few thousand extra seats, that the majority of the time will be empty? Assuming that EVERY owner of those properties will sell without slapping a £5million price tag on their property. 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Of course it would be handy, but it doesn't make for a very good investment when the business plan reads... "IF we get to the Prem and IF we can stay there and become financially self sufficient, then it would be handy to have a bigger ground for 6/7 occasions per year when we might be able to sell a few extra seats to people who probably won't show up again if we return to the Championship"

Would a new stand look good? Yes. 

Would it make a significant increase to our capacity? Probably not really. An extra 2/3-possibly 4,000 extra seats max.

Would you spend in the region 10million on buying houses before a penny has been spent on the rest of the development, in order to get a few thousand extra seats, that the majority of the time will be empty? Assuming that EVERY owner of those properties will sell without slapping a £5million price tag on their property. 

Every one of our games in the prem would be a sellout, we'd have 20,000 season tickets alone in my view

8 minutes ago, harrys said:

Every one of our games in the prem would be a sellout, we'd have 20,000 season tickets alone in my view

Initially, yes I agree. But after a couple of seasons, will the Stoke, West Brom and many other fixtures really be that appealing to the floating fans..?

9 minutes ago, harrys said:

you are right we are already getting 20,000 plus gates even the so called small teams would still attract these sort of figures assuming we weren't getting thrashed every week of course  think maybe if we could get the ground up to about 32,000 then I think that would be about right

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Initially, yes I agree. But after a couple of seasons, will the Stoke, West Brom and many other fixtures really be that appealing to the floating fans..?

Probably not, but at least half the other teams will appeal, your London teams, Merseyside & Manchester teams, Villa/Newcastle when they inevitably get back in the top flight, the likes of WBA, Southampton, Stoke, Swansea still sell out every game despite having several seasons in the top flight why should we be any different?

Archived