IGNORED

Crooked Colin.

Greedo

MPs discussing allegations made by Jason Puncheon that our friend Colin gave players inflated wages & bonuses in return for them paying him to be in the team.

Now I'm not his biggest fan, but he's never struck me as the type to pull this sort of thing. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/17/football-manager-neil-warnock-made-players-pay-him-to-get-into-t/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

5 minutes ago, Greedo said:

MPs discussing allegations made by Jason Puncheon that our friend Colin gave players inflated wages & bonuses in return for them paying him to be in the team.

Now I'm not his biggest fan, but he's never struck me as the type to pull this sort of thing. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/17/football-manager-neil-warnock-made-players-pay-him-to-get-into-t/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Nothing would surprise me.  Puncheon got fined by the FA instead of his allegations being properly investigated.

1 minute ago, Malago said:

Nothing would surprise me.  Puncheon got fined by the FA instead of his allegations being properly investigated.

seems to me that it's more a case of some less-than-bright player throwing his toys out of the pram and making salacious claims on the Internet. but as you say, nothing would surprise me either. 

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

The only thing I would say you would have to be pretty stupid to name someone like this without having something to back it up. Especially if you are still involved in the game. But I guess he is a footballer :thumbsup::yawn::shifty::whistle:

Its a weird thing to make up though ? Why not just say he took bungs for transfers as that had been proven to have happened with some of Warnocks peers.

• Admin

I find it hard to believe that after managing 17 clubs, there is only one accusation and that from a player with a grievance. But if it were to be proven to be true, he should receive a lifetime ban from football, if the player making the accusation is found to be fabricating it, then he should suffer a similar fate.

I heard similar to this a while back but can't remember the names involved (it could of been in the 'secret footballer' series of books) but it makes sense, a lot of players have appearance fee's in their contracts & how many times do you see a player(s) brought on for the last 5 minutes or so to supposedly 'run the clock down' but knowing that the ref is going to add on 'injury time' anyway!!

48 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

I heard similar to this a while back but can't remember the names involved (it could of been in the 'secret footballer' series of books) but it makes sense, a lot of players have appearance fee's in their contracts & how many times do you see a player(s) brought on for the last 5 minutes or so to supposedly 'run the clock down' but knowing that the ref is going to add on 'injury time' anyway!!

I used to work with a bloke with zero interest in football but who had a friend in his class at school who went on to have a pretty decent career at our current level.

He told him of another notoriously dodgy (now ex) manager who did exactly that at a club he was playing for and once tried to get him to split his appearance fee half each, but when he said "no" he didn't bring him on as a sub..

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Nothing surprises me when it comes to Colin.  Rumours surrounding his activities have been rife for years but so far nothing seems to have stuck.  A bit like Jimmy Savile really.

No it's not is it?  You can't compare the systematic abuse of children with some questionable old school financial arrangements really. 

14 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I used to work with a bloke with zero interest in football but who had a friend in his class at school who went on to have a pretty decent career at our current level.

He told him of another notoriously dodgy (now ex) manager who did exactly that at a club he was playing for and once tried to get him to split his appearance fee half each, but when he said "no" he didn't bring him on as a sub..

So that's why a certain former manager wouldn't fill the Subs bench...:laugh: ;-) :P Tongue firmly in cheek.

5 minutes ago, spudski said:

So that's why a certain former manager wouldn't fill the Subs bench...:laugh: ;-) :P Tongue firmly in cheek.

You have to think that things like this do happen but it is strange that no one else has "fronted up" with names.

I am sure that Steve Evans never got involved in anything like this for instance.

I smell another "sting" operation !!

29 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

You have to think that things like this do happen but it is strange that no one else has "fronted up" with names.

I am sure that Steve Evans never got involved in anything like this for instance.

I smell another "sting" operation !!

You hear about stories like this all the time, at all levels of football. Whether it comes into the public domain is another thing.

'Jobs for the boys' is very much an apt description for football imo. 'You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours'...

How many managers have put money before thinking of the outcome of a match?

How many have decided not to positively influence a match and bring on a Sub, because that player has refused to give half his match fee, or such like?

How many managers, scouts and agents only work together?

How many managers ask for a cut in any pre contract or negotiated wage increase?

The list goes on for all the questions you could ask when it comes to 'deals' in football.

From the Brown envelope in the car park at amateur level....to off shore accounts at the highest level....it seems football is rife.

Archived