IGNORED

A lift to and from every home game..?

Bar BS3

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sadly, at £20 for a couple (or £40 per family) compared to max £2 petrol from anywhere within 10 miles it's simply not worthwhile. The cost of 'public' transport vs car travel remains a problem.

Leave the wife at home !!! 

I tried the park and ride service from Brislington at the last home game and for £4 return I thought it was really good. No stress of parking or sitting in traffic queues and a very prompt and easy service. You even get a tour of Knowle West thrown in.

I will certainly use it more often TBH.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This is just to see if there might be demand at this stage, but I have been speaking to a new Bristol based commuter solution business and we are discussing the merits of running something similar on matchdays, so very simply, if there was an 8 seater vehicle that would pick up locally to you at 1 or maybe 2 times, drop you at Ashton Gate and then pick up, say an hour or 2 after the match at a rough cost of say £5 each way, who would be interested and from what area..? 

No need to drive, park, or get to park & ride sites. 

In principle it is a good idea but it would have to be a fiver return for it to work. Also you are going to need a fleet of coaches for different areas. I am from the nailsea area so I would be on the one with Robbered unfortunately. Also I like to be in the pub by 12:30 so if you could drop me off at the pub that would be great!

39 minutes ago, South Somerset Red said:

Yes i would. Be nice to go to homes games and drink more. I'd be Taunton area.

Obviously from further afield it would cost more. I've no idea what price you'd be talking from Taunton. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@Fat Cigar pop in the pub when next near there, they'll be able to put you in contact with Shem etc

I live about 3 mins walk away. I'm just being curious. I walk to home games (a nice 1 hour leg stretch) and get the Abus home. Away games more an issue, but usually rely on CATS because trains just too damn expensive. 

22 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

This is just to see if there might be demand at this stage, but I have been speaking to a new Bristol based commuter solution business and we are discussing the merits of running something similar on matchdays, so very simply, if there was an 8 seater vehicle that would pick up locally to you at 1 or maybe 2 times, drop you at Ashton Gate and then pick up, say an hour or 2 after the match at a rough cost of say £5 each way, who would be interested and from what area..? 

No need to drive, park, or get to park & ride sites. 

Bloody hell yeah! Hengrove?

Archived