IGNORED

reception for Derrick

cityred exile

Along with all the other players in our double winning squad I believe he deserves a good reception - always did his best for us and will get an applause before and after the game from me.

I do hope that his concentration slips during the game, as it sometimes used to, allowing Tammy a decent chance at goal!

I will be hoping he has a nightmare. Scores 3 own goals, gives away 5 penalties and lets Tammy beat him at the front post twice. Respect him for being part of our double winning team but don't like him personally. He's a bit of a *****. 

Cheers then Del. 

32 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

I will be hoping he has a nightmare. Scores 3 own goals, gives away 5 penalties and lets Tammy beat him at the front post twice. Respect him for being part of our double winning team but don't like him personally. He's a bit of a *****. 

Cheers then Del. 

didn't he sign your autograph book??

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

Respectful applause for me. Certainly no more and no less than that. 

No wonder everyone thinks Bristolians are reserved! With DW we won the division at a canter with 99 points! We won a division, we were the champions!

Not many Bristol City fans who are still alive can ever remember that happening in their lifetime...but 'respectful applause' is your recommendation.

Of course I get that DW doesn't play for us anymore, but he contributed to an amazing season, a bl**dy amazing season! 

I know you are based in Peterborough (I bought a light bulb there once!) and I don't know if you are Bristolian, so please accept my apologies if you aren't......but come on, respectful applause?! This guy helped us win two trophies in one season....and we don't win many of those in my experience...

58 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No wonder everyone thinks Bristolians are reserved! With DW we won the division at a canter with 99 points! We won a division, we were the champions!

Not many Bristol City fans who are still alive can ever remember that happening in their lifetime...but 'respectful applause' is your recommendation.

Of course I get that DW doesn't play for us anymore, but he contributed to an amazing season, a bl**dy amazing season! 

I know you are based in Peterborough (I bought a light bulb there once!) and I don't know if you are Bristolian, so please accept my apologies if you aren't......but come on, respectful applause?! This guy helped us win two trophies in one season....and we don't win many of those in my experience...

Bristolian based in Bristol for a few years now :) 

You're right he was part of a fantastic squad who delivered a helluva lot. I can see why he might be revered like Shaun Goater is at Man City so it's not about perspective regarding what level he achieved at.

To be brutally honest, having been challenged on it, I think it might honestly be that I personally felt less affinity with him. You made me think of other first team players at that time and perhaps I wouldn't have said the same - Wade Elliot, Scott Wagstaff for example and even then they featured less, Ayling too  

Ultimately I think I always found him quite underwhelming - even if the squad's achievement overwhelming. But that doesn't mean I'd not be doing him a disservice in my original suggestion. On reflection I'll pay him a bit more respect :)  Not as much as if he'd come back as a retired player not in opposition mind :city:

1 hour ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Hilarious. Wish it was that. Met him twice both out of football and he's a rude arrogant gobshite. Won't go into what happened but I've no time for him personally. 

Fair play, but its what he did for us on the football pitch that counts. Think he deserves a decent reception.

3 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Cheers then Del. 

Personal encounter? Always thought he came across as a good bloke on interviews.

12 hours ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Hilarious. Wish it was that. Met him twice both out of football and he's a rude arrogant gobshite. Won't go into what happened but I've no time for him personally. 

Agreed. Saw him out with a few other players in Albufiera when I was on holiday there last year. When I told him I was a City fan he gave me an odd look at told me he didn't know what I was talking about. What a ******!

6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Agreed. Saw him out with a few other players in Albufiera when I was on holiday there last year. When I told him I was a City fan he gave me an odd look at told me he didn't know what I was talking about. What a ******!

Don't think you can call someone that just because they may not have understood what you said and gave you a funny look. 

• Admin

Same for any player returning that was in our promotion winning side

Applaud their name when read out in the line up, then from the moment the whistle blows he's a Blackburn player

Will see if he has the same passion as Luke Freeman did at the end of the Leeds game

Archived