IGNORED

Gustav Engvall

Edge1981

He has come back aster a long injury, had to regain fitness because he had not had a proper pre-season, he is settling into a new country and a new and highly competitive brand of football!  Give that it was his first start for a long time and against very robust and talented defenders - I thought he did pretty well considering.  He has pace and desire - he will do well.  If we do get a new (hopefully pacey) target man, he will do very well next season. If Wes Burns comes back next season, imagine the pace we will have in the team.  The future is bright - the future is red and white!

6 hours ago, Grey Fox said:

Only with Cotterall as Manager.........................

3-5-2 can work but you need the right players to play it. Personally I think we're better set up to play it now.     

FF

.         TM.     AF.      HM

AM.         KS.    GON.       JB

.                     LT

.           GE.            TA

Listening on the Radio Gary Johnson was saying he was so frustrating, good running, hard working, good touch.   BUT was always taking dangerous ball and approach play out of dangerous areas,does not appear to attack the right areas go's away from them.

Like I said I wasn't there, for those that were would you agree or disagree with Johnson senior.

15 minutes ago, TRL said:

Listening on the Radio Gary Johnson was saying he was so frustrating, good running, hard working, good touch.   BUT was always taking dangerous ball and approach play out of dangerous areas,does not appear to attack the right areas go's away from them.

Like I said I wasn't there, for those that were would you agree or disagree with Johnson senior.

Only a Conference manager giving an opinion ;)

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Yes I was and he had some good touches but also some horrible ones so overall let him down.

I can't believe some people on this forum sometimes, the guys first touch was excellent and killed the ball dead and moved it away from defenders as well as finding team mates. What do you expect from a young lad making his debut  Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo?

He has ability and the potential to become a very good player. We are buying potential with a view to developing not buying the finished article so it's about time fans started to appreciate this and look at it glass half full not half empty all the time 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

3-5-2 can work but you need the right players to play it. Personally I think we're better set up to play it now.     

FF

.         TM.     AF.      HM

AM.         KS.    GON.       JB

.                     LT

.           GE.            TA

One of Lee Johnson's strengths is that we do not play with one exclusive formation , so though 4-2-3-1 is the core system we regularly change throughout matches. This season i have seen 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-3 and the full kitchen sink.

As the season progresses the players will get more practised with the flexability, and it could get good

27 minutes ago, Grey Fox said:

One of Lee Johnson's strengths is that we do not play with one exclusive formation , so though 4-2-3-1 is the core system we regularly change throughout matches. This season i have seen 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 4-4-3 and the full kitchen sink.

As the season progresses the players will get more practised with the flexability, and it could get good

How did we get away with 4-4-3?!

13 hours ago, Griffin said:

Taking match sharpness, fitness etc into consideration...

He looked really intelligent, held the ball up well, wasn't scared to run at defenders & always knew were his teammates were. It seemed like his head was working faster than his feet but all things considering you can hardly blame him.

He looked like a Wilbs type of player to me, good first touch in the right area & was always looking to lay it off if possible. His movement in behind Wilbs tonight was good, if he can supply Tammy in the final third they could be dangerous.

A wilbs type player? Are you joking? He's a player that will run at defences, and we saw that yesterday. 

28 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Or 4-4-2 diamond and you can fit Reid in there

Fielding

Matthews     Flint      Magnusson      Bryan

O'Neil

Smith      Reid

Tomlin

Abraham   Engvall

So many different systems we can play with he players we have. I do think we have been playing our best when playing 2 up top and playing a diamond late in games, but whether that system would work from the start is another thing. I would love to see Engvall up there with Tammy after that very promising home debut.

Yeah that's the thing really , will it work from the start with two up top. Would we be weaker in midfield as well what with a lot of other sides playing three centrally. It's nice to have the options though. 

3 hours ago, INCRED said:

I can't believe some people on this forum sometimes, the guys first touch was excellent and killed the ball dead and moved it away from defenders as well as finding team mates. What do you expect from a young lad making his debut  Messi, Neymar or Ronaldo?

He has ability and the potential to become a very good player. We are buying potential with a view to developing not buying the finished article so it's about time fans started to appreciate this and look at it glass half full not half empty all the time 

Pedantic alert. He wasn't making his debut ;):thumbsup::whistle:

I think people are raving because he's 20 years old and showed flashes of what he can do after to playing for over a month on his home debut against a premier league side who played 3 very experienced centre halves. Can be some pretty negative people on here at times. I know some get carried away with praise but you could see the lad has championship talent. He'll run at defenders with the ball and press them without it. 60 minutes of Engvall will really wear some defenders out and will open things up later in games. That's what he can bring right now and that's more than what we've got. He's 20 and the rest of his game will come along. I don't expect him to be a top hold up player just yet just like Tammy isn't but he tries and he doesn't want to keep it, he wants to lay it off quickly. It looks like we've got another talent on our hands and if LJ is as good a coach as they say then these will all be good players for us for awhile. 

13 minutes ago, stogursey red said:

I was very impressed with him, he's big powerful, had a good turn of pace, can only see him getting better the more he plays, think he will be our main hold up/ target man next season,

I don't, don't think that's his style. He runs in behind defences.

Archived