IGNORED

The Official Barnsley v Bristol City Match Day Thread

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Because Moore is the future and is a leader on the pitch.

Because the old stagers need a kick up the proverbial at half time

Moreover I would bring Engvall on straight away and take Tomlin off for disciplinary reasons

In other words I want to see strong management today.  Of course Lee may have other ideas, such as hairbrush treatment over the half time oranges.  As long as he acts I am happy

Strong management doesn't always mean change change change. I think Moore on for Flint now would be a reckless and needless decision.

Give Tomlin 15 minutes to prove himself technically and temperamentally. Then Engvall and O Dowda on.

2 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

I cannot believe what I am reading here from some of our fans about a team that were in the top six before kick off... Ill refrain from saying anything else or ill just end up getting angry.

Wherever you are in the table, guaranteeing falling behind warrants disquiet and some questioning. 

3 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Strong management doesn't always mean change change change. I think Moore on for Flint now would be a reckless and needless decision.

Give Tomlin 15 minutes to prove himself technically and temperamentally. Then Engvall and O Dowda on.

Odowda is ill and not in the squad today

4 minutes ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Your first sentence I entirely agree with, as I said in my original post

if we give Tomlin 10 mins we could be down to 10 men and game over whoever we bring on won't matter 

Edited by Ivorguy
Missing words
7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

.....''

In other words I want to see strong management today.  Of course Lee may have other ideas, such as hairbrush treatment over the half time oranges.  As long as he acts I am happy

Not sure the hairbrush or even the hairdryer treatment from LJ will help much tbh... wtf effect would a warm air blast to the pubes have?

;) 

12 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

To all those with their head up their asses!! Today proves the point how average or below average we are as a team!! Out played, out muscled, out skilled and the list could go on!! 

Football is a tactical game with 2 sides involved. The past few games coaches have found out a way to play against us. Our next challenge is a way of nullifying these tactics so our performances improve again. That's sport, it's not championship manager. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

If we can remember how to get the ball to Tammy in the penalty area I am sure he will... sadly we seem to have forgotten how we did / do it.

Yep, seems amazing how quickly things change on the pitch in football.  First couple of months and Tammy was there to finish almost everything, rebounds, stray back passes, the works.  Now, we can't seem to give him these opportunities. Surely something will fall his way again soon?

7 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wherever you are in the table, guaranteeing falling behind warrants disquiet and some questioning. 

Some questioning? Yes of course.

Toys out of the pram and tantrums? That should be reserved for times like last year. Or at least one is going to act like a prat, wait until full time when we've actually lost the bloody game. Jesus christ.

Edited by Kim_il_sung
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

Football is a tactical game with 2 sides involved. The past few games coaches have found out a way to play against us. Our next challenge is a way of nullifying these tactics so our performances improve again. That's sport, it's not championship manager. 

Our first challenge from the start of the season should of been keeping clean sheets 

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

If we can remember how to get the ball to Tammy in the penalty area I am sure he will... sadly we seem to have forgotten how we did / do it.

I think we don't play enough 1st time balls to him where he can run at defences or run onto through balls (not hoofed). also having no wingers on the pitch swinging in crosses probably isn't helping him either 

It seems barnsley are not giving Tomlin any space and winding him up which seems to be working. 

Toys out of the pram and tantrums? That should be reserved for times like last year. Or at least one is going to act like a prat, wait until full time when we've actually lost the bloody game. Jesus christ.

No need to wait for full time to know we went behind. Yes we can still win, but big questions still there. 

Toys out of the pram and tantrums? That should be reserved for times like last year. Or at least one is going to act like a prat, wait until full time when we've actually lost the bloody game. Jesus christ.

I think what many are saying is that it is not the fact we are losing 1-0 with 45 mins to go, but the fact that we don't seem to learn from earlier mistakes, and go on committing the same errors.

• Like 1