IGNORED

Class Act

RaspberryRed

Having only caught the very end of the commentary from Oakwell I don't know the full story but it would seem that Joe Bryan accidentally injured a City fan whilst clearing the ball or a wayward shot. Firstly I hope that that person is fully okay which I'm assuming they are because the commentary said Joe went over at the end and gave that person his boots. He apparently received acknowledgement from all four corners of the ground

A class act from one of our own

8 minutes ago, RaspberryRed said:

Having only caught the very end of the commentary from Oakwell I don't know the full story but it would seem that Joe Bryan accidentally injured a City fan whilst clearing the ball or a wayward shot. Firstly I hope that that person is fully okay which I'm assuming they are because the commentary said Joe went over at the end and gave that person his boots. He apparently received acknowledgement from all four corners of the ground

A class act from one of our own

*barnsley fan

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

This... john terry uses 3 new pairs of boots for every match, one for the warm up and one for each half ...so on the proviso he plays 40 games that's 120 new pairs of boots he gets through a season...bonkers

Luckily for him he doesn't pay

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

*barnsley fan

Thanks that makes more sense.

Nice gesture and hillarious ''Great Header'' response on twitter

With regards John Terry then I know for a fact that he has screwed over 150 pairs of boots per year for over a decade but once signed they've raised a fortune for charity

Any JT critics may point out that all charitible donations become deemed as 'Tax Deductable' with a decent accountant :whistle:

It was a great gesture from Joe who had already apologised at the time despite it being a complete accident, he went in hard for the challenge right on the touch line and the ball flew into the crowd and obviously hit the little lad. I have to say though again the reaction of some of the Barnsley fans right by the incident was ridiculous, screaming abuse and gesturing at Joe like he'd done it deliberately, complete tosspots IMO 

26 minutes ago, Donkeeebles said:

It was a great gesture from Joe who had already apologised at the time despite it being a complete accident, he went in hard for the challenge right on the touch line and the ball flew into the crowd and obviously hit the little lad. I have to say though again the reaction of some of the Barnsley fans right by the incident was ridiculous, screaming abuse and gesturing at Joe like he'd done it deliberately, complete tosspots IMO 

Some of our fans would have reacted exactly the same way if an opposition player had accidentally done the same thing as JB and then felt guilty when they found out that the player had given the lad his boots.....

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Some of our fans would have reacted exactly the same way if an opposition player had accidentally done the same thing as JB and then felt guilty when they found out that the player had given the lad his boots.....

I'm sure they would, doesn't make it any less pathetic though does it

1 hour ago, Donkeeebles said:

The vast majority didn't react like that though, did they? In fact, he was applauded (Bryan) by our supporters at the end and he's received no end of good will from Barnsley fans on social media since. Even our twitter account made a point of referring to the incident, hence the photo above etc. 

I like this forum. It's populated by some very good posters who speak well and speak reasonably. But it does have a select bunch of absolute doughnuts. As does our forum. Moral of the story? In any great gathering of folk, there'll be a majority of good folk and a tiny minority of fcuking numpties. So let's not focus on the select few, eh? 

Have a good season. See you at AG.

8 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

The vast majority didn't react like that though, did they? In fact, he was applauded (Bryan) by our supporters at the end and he's received no end of good will from Barnsley fans on social media since. Even our twitter account made a point of referring to the incident, hence the photo above etc. 

I like this forum. It's populated by some very good posters who speak well and speak reasonably. But it does have a select bunch of absolute doughnuts. As does our forum. Moral of the story? In any great gathering of folk, there'll be a majority of good folk and a tiny minority of fcuking numpties. So let's not focus on the select few, eh? 

Have a good season. See you at AG.

I could have sworn I said "some of the Barnsley fans right by the incident" As we're discussing that particular incident it did seem fair to comment on the select bunch of absolute doughnuts who reacted in that way.

Thats great that he's received no end of good will from Barnsley fans on social media, well done them

One of the few City players, past and present, who I would really hate to see pull on another club's shirt. 

It was distressing enough when Albert went, but if Joe departs  I would be left mourning. 

The only answer is for City to get to the promised land so our Joe can fulfil his potential with City in Europe and get selected for England. 

:wub:

9 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

One of the few City players, past and present, who I would really hate to see pull on another club's shirt. 

It was distressing enough when Albert went, but if Joe departs  I would be left mourning. 

The only answer is for City to get to the promised land so our Joe can fulfil his potential with City in Europe and get selected for England. 

:wub:

Book a room...!

16 hours ago, Neo said:

IMG_0410.PNG

IMG_0411.PNG

15 hours ago, Robbored said:

It'll be a while before he can war them........I  didn't realise it was a young lad he accidentally hit with his clearance.

Is it just me, or is anyone else troubled by the relative sizes and angles of everything in that photo?  And I didn't even drink that much last night :crying:

20 minutes ago, red panda said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else troubled by the relative sizes and angles of everything in that photo?  And I didn't even drink that much last night :crying:

I can see why Bryan wanted rid of those garish nineteen seventies chopper coloured boots . Yuk .

I think the kid is just about to throw up .

:blink:

1 hour ago, red panda said:

The boy would appear to be normal size, judging by the boots he is holding.

So going by the fact he towers over the kitchen units I can only assume LJ kept a crash pad in Barnsley and kindly invited the kid over for the photo. 

Mystery solved. 

Archived