IGNORED

Barnsley fans

bobbyhutchscurlymullet

8 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

The Barnsley fans seem to always be a bit bitter about us. What have we ever done to upset them?

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?130-Bulletin-Board

Yeah it is weird i can see why johnson left at the first chance. Im sure their whole fanbase isn't like that but man what a bunch of absolute yokels.

Swindon of the north. Living off one season of prem football.

3 minutes ago, Edge1981 said:

Makes us sound like a team managed by Warnock!!

Not trying to be controversial today but a City fan I know said to me at one point "Warnock would have been proud of that" (Wilbraham requesting to take a throw in and then changing his mind, winding the Barnsley fans up something chronic). 

We were a bit niggly today and if I'm honest, I can't see too much that surprises me on that Barnsley forum, we'd have people swearing blue murder if it was the other way round. They had a player taken off with blood pouring from his head and a separate incident that required a very long talking to from the ref where I can't have been the only one who thought it had the body language from both sides of a red card for us (Tomlin) I assume for an elbow but not clear.

The ref was flimsy and could have booked a lot more players. We had 1 card for Korey Smith mouthing off but could have had several. Wilbs and a few others were in his ear repeatedly. Sometimes you need to take off the old rose tinted glasses, I often think we're not a very cute or streetwise team, but then I realise I just don't see the actions of our players the same way I see it when opponents do it. Today we were poor by our standards but we got stuck in, argued and wound up their crowd whenever we could.  

We were quite physical but so were they. Watkins who scored their first was lucky to make it through (I suspect that's why he was subbed), he was a thug. Winnalls head injury was because he threw himself into the back of GO'N (I think) to win a header and then accused Gary of elbowing. It was an unnesecarily physical game if you ask me, but Barnsley were every bit as bad as we were

Just now, Olé said:

Not trying to be controversial today but a City fan I know said to me at one point "Warnock would have been proud of that" (Wilbraham requesting to take a throw in and then changing his mind, winding the Barnsley fans up something chronic). 

We were a bit niggly today and if I'm honest, I can't see too much that surprises me on that Barnsley forum, we'd have people swearing blue murder if it was the other way round. They had a player taken off with blood pouring from his head and a separate incident that required a very long talking to from the ref where I can't have been the only one who thought it had the body language from both sides of a red card for us (Tomlin) I assume for an elbow but not clear.

The ref was flimsy and could have booked a lot more players. We had 1 card for Korey Smith mouthing off but could have had several. Wilbs and a few others were in his ear repeatedly. Sometimes you need to take off the old rose tinted glasses, I often think we're not a very cute or streetwise team, but then I realise I just don't see the actions of our players the same way I see it when opponents do it. Today we were poor by our standards but we got stuck in, argued and wound up their crowd whenever we could.  

spot on with that piece. I have lost count with the number of times I have left the gate in an absolute rage, only for my mate to point out that we should  do the same away from home. At the end of the season we might be glad of that point.

10 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

We were quite physical but so were they. Watkins who scored their first was lucky to make it through (I suspect that's why he was subbed), he was a thug. Winnalls head injury was because he threw himself into the back of GO'N (I think) to win a header and then accused Gary of elbowing. It was an unnesecarily physical game if you ask me, but Barnsley were every bit as bad as we were

Assuming it's the same incident (after about 30 minutes) I saw the O'Neil 'elbowing' incident and in all honesty I thought if the ref or linesman had seen it, it would have been a straight red. Didn't see the Tomlin off the ball incident slightly earlier (only the aftermath) but I think it's fair to say it was a difficult game to referee today, and neither side can really take the moral high ground. 

24 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Assuming it's the same incident (after about 30 minutes) I saw the O'Neil 'elbowing' incident and in all honesty I thought if the ref or linesman had seen it, it would have been a straight red. Didn't see the Tomlin off the ball incident slightly earlier (only the aftermath) but I think it's fair to say it was a difficult game to referee today, and neither side can really take the moral high ground. 

I didn't see the Tomlin one, my Dad thought it was 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. Like I said; didn't see O'Neil throw an elbow, looked to me like Winnall tried to go through the back of him. If Gary did throw an elbow though, he'a an idiot and may be getting a call from the FA

We mixed it up today. Tough, physical encounter in the first half. Gave as good as we got. 

Not at all surprised that some of their fans were incensed! But that said, on the local radio, there were positive comments, especially for Joe's gesture to the Barnsley fan who'd been hit by his clearance.

4 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I miss Barnsleytyke, wishing that we would all die in a jet crash.

That could never happen to Barnsley fans. Crappy old diesel coach, a few rounds of Mother's Pride and a day trip to Scarborough for them. 

Winall definitely caused his own injury. He kept coming from behind and kind of reaching his head round Magnusson - this time he didn't get the ball and got hurt, but not our fault. Their crowd was always feeling hard done by and moaning about supposed injustices. I guess we all do, but they were far more precious than most. I'm not having it that we were dirty. Their 15 followed through at least twice when the ball had long gone and Winall kept jumping at his man rather than the ball. Wolves did talk to the ref area times, but he was Captain and there were some dodgy decisions to query. I can think of 2 or 3 times when we took too long over throws, but nothing you don't see every week. The bit about cheating, feigning injury and cynical fouls is pure nonsense. As for ugly long before, too many in the first half, but maybe our Barnsley friend didn't see our goals, or Joe's contributions late on.

Overall, nothing out of the ordinary today, but blown out of proportion by home fans determined to "prove" that we aren't as good as them.

Archived