IGNORED

Barnsley fans

bobbyhutchscurlymullet

1 hour ago, daored said:

Your comment of should have been sacked shows what a simple northern tool you actually are. It's for the board of directors to decide to sack a manager, for what ever reason they didn't.

Considering you've done well since he left, I find it hard to understand the hatred. Life goes on pal!

Northern bitterness I'm afraid, they do seem to have cornered the market on being miserable . 

17 minutes ago, Doozerchris said:

Northern bitterness I'm afraid, they do seem to have cornered he market on being miserable . 

If we had a manager in charge who wasn't doing very well (as Johnson clearly wasn't, they keep telling us and they couldn't wait to get rid of him), and was approached by say Preston. Said manager comes out and says , I used to play for Preston, got business interests there, family live in the area and have a genuine affection for Preston. What's wrong with that? Especially as they've gone on to be successful since he left!

I would understand it if he was doing well, they didn't want him to leave and it all turned to shit when he did leave. But none of the above is applicable!

40 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Could you imagine if OTIB were placed in charge? I dont think we could even agree on a starting line up together. 

No thanks, with all the in fighting on here we'd be non league within 3 years, now if we put the Barnsley fan base in charge we'd be in Europe in 3 year, ee by gum.

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Direct questions to you @allegrif.

1. You dislike LJ because you're  annoyed he wasn't sacked when he "should have been". Is that LJ's fault, or your chairman? Does the subsequent turnaround actually prove the chairman right?

2. Let's assume for one minute that LJ did change the team due to fan pressure (highly dubious, see above). Doesn't he deserve credit for having the humility and flexibility to change his opinion, and a willingness to lose face, for the benefit of the team? Or would you have preferred an inflexible approach and continued poor form? (we have recent experience of this).

3. Imagine yourself as manager of, say, Yeovil Town. You've been on a bad run but you've recovered it and your team is playing well. But you have no particular affinity to the club. Then you are approached for the Barnsley job. You love Barnsley, you played for them, you enjoyed living there, you see great potential to do well there. What do you do?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Good post. 

Johnson left because it was Bristol City, for ambition, financial and family reasons. I think most right-minded Barnsley fans accept that. But at the same time, I can understand why many feel a bit pissed about it, and I'm sure that if Lee succeeds at AG and an Arsenal or whatever come calling you'll see myriad posts on here slamming him. 

Such is life.

22 minutes ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Good post. 

Johnson left because it was Bristol City, for ambition, financial and family reasons. I think most right-minded Barnsley fans accept that. But at the same time, I can understand why many feel a bit pissed about it, and I'm sure that if Lee succeeds at AG and an Arsenal or whatever come calling you'll see myriad posts on here slamming him. 

Such is life.

If LJ succeeds to the extent that Arsenal want him, then he will have become a legend here, and I genuinely believe that the consensus opinion on this forum would be to wish him well.

Also flattered that you consider Barnsley to Bristol City to be equivalent to Bristol City to Arsenal!

It's funny how Barnsley fans like to criticise LJ for taking so long to make the changes they could all see needed making and were loudly calling for (2 up top or whatever it was). Meanwhile, we were criticising Cotts last year for persisting with the 352 thing and saying on here (which I am convinced he looked at) it needed changing, which Cotts never did.

Maybe it takes a "strong" and secure man to make a change all the fans can see and have said needs changing when he - the man in charge - is supposed to be the expert and "know" things that us lot don't know. 

I was getting messages from a Barnsley supporting mate throughout the game about us being diving, cheating schemers. I really wondered what game they were watching. It seemed to me that both teams were playing exactly the same type of football from both a skill & physicality point of view. Everything about it seemed even, and the stats & results pointed to that once I'd seen them today. Even the ref was even - weak regarding both teams.

Barnsley really seem to have a bee in their bonnet about us. Odd.

Still, onward.

20 hours ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

The Barnsley fans seem to always be a bit bitter about us. What have we ever done to upset them?

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?130-Bulletin-Board

As in "My head is spinning due to the technical ability of Bristol City, which has left me in awe"?  For every soppy northerner, there seems to be a counter balance of some insight and complimentary observations.  They seem no better or worse than our forum………..just a cross section of various IQ's

19 hours ago, maxjak said:

As in "My head is spinning due to the technical ability of Bristol City, which has left me in awe"?  For every soppy northerner, there seems to be a counter balance of some insight and complimentary observations.  They seem no better or worse than our forum………..just a cross section of various IQ's

That guy was taking the piss btw. 

Archived