IGNORED

Freeman

MyBrotherErnie

32 minutes ago, bcfctim said:

We could really do with an Adomah-type player in this side: someone who'll stay out wide, run at his man, stretch the defence and draw players over to him; to create space in the middle for the likes of Tomlin and Tammy

I agree but would LJ want a player who does that? Quite a few posts on various threads today saying that the wide players are following instructions when they come back inside. If that is right then we might see no change even if we had a player with the ability to do it.

He gave us good width today and stayed wide: mixed it up between cutting in, taking on his man, laying back but of course too many stepovers. Gave their lb a tough time and a richly deserved goal. Still think we are a better team with him than without and when judging him it'd be good for many to appreciate he's in a position which really does not suit a one footed player. 

5 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Form is temporary, but class is permanent.

Yes I agree with the sentiment.

i get so annoyed when players are labelled not good enough when they show a lack of form. The fact is it happens to all of us, it doesn't mean we are not good enough, just not good enough right now.

Freeman is a good player. 442 will help us stay solid. Wilbo is a phenomenon for what he does at thirty something old to play target man....I can see good things happening now. A bloke called into radio brizz and said LJ needs to keep his nose out of Einstien and keep it simple...To right!

8 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Before he scored though he was having a real 'Freeman' game. Not really delivering much quality into box etc. Then he hits a worldly in and has a great turn and run. Amazing. Will he kick on though?

Don't agree, he got several good crosses into the box before his goal, including a very dangerous one very early on.

Not everything came off for him, but that's the same with every player.

As I said before the game we've missed Luke recently.

Will he kick on? Every chance, but much more likely if the fans are on his side and not so quick to moan when things don't go his way. 

I said during Birmingham game that based on his performances this season, we were missing him, and I was one of his fiercest critics last season. Odowda is hit and miss ( mostly miss) he was poor against qpr. Patterson is better in the middle. He is our best option for right wing. He was our best player today along with Matthews. 

Within the first minutes he made a great run towards the box and I thought, ahh here we go. Then he went pretty much absent for most of the rest, a few crosses to nothing/no-one, a good header on target and the great strike to score.

To be fair though, it was hardly a great a game, no one really shone that much. Not many chances or things to cheer about.

On Saturday, November 05, 2016 at 19:25, MC RISK77 said:

As opposed to freeman who constantly cuts inside to the middle...freeman is not the reason we lost tonight he offers very little at this level

Great goal today Luke.....

I also liked the immediate knock on from the long ball that opened their defence up like a warm knife through butter.

Sorry to upset those who like Freeman, but he he should be dropped for the next match!  He only scores one goal per season, so his season is over. Let's be honest, apart from a couple of minutes at the beginning and a couple of minutes in the second half, he was anonymous. He will never hit a shot like that again, so perhaps he should retire at his peak just like Nico Rosberg 

32 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If you really think this then you need to ask yourself why he's not a guaranteed starter in a mid table side.

Read my words......"AT HIS BEST".........and the reason he is not a guaranteed started is because he is not always "AT HIS BEST" 

His consistency is erratic but when he's on fire, he is a very good player.

In our promotion season, supporters of other clubs were always saying that he was our best player and was class.

24 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Read my words......"AT HIS BEST".........and the reason he is not a guaranteed started is because he is not always "AT HIS BEST" 

His consistency is erratic but when he's on fire, he is a very good player.

In our promotion season, supporters of other clubs were always saying that he was our best player and was class.

I don't think he's one of the best players in the division even at his best.

Please specify these "at his best" performances that cause you to rate him so highly?

Archived