IGNORED

Freeman

MyBrotherErnie

Luke's game yesterday can be summed up thus: 

1. 70 mins of the usual ineffective shite. Mainly losing possession in good areas by dwelling too long, sometimes floating over a cross with no pace.

2. Then his worldie which was so far out of character to be almost unbelieveable. Congratulations to him though.

3. Followed by storming down the line and squaring for a goalscoring chance.

I dont expect him to score a goal like that again but if he is to be a key member of team we need to see much more of no 3.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Luke's game yesterday can be summed up thus: 

1. 70 mins of the usual ineffective shite. Mainly losing possession in good areas by dwelling too long, sometimes floating over a cross with no pace.

2. Then his worldie which was so far out of character to be almost unbelieveable. Congratulations to him though.

3. Followed by storming down the line and squaring for a goalscoring chance.

I dont expect him to score a goal like that again but if he is to be a key member of team we need to see much more of no 3.

Funny how people at the same game see things differently. You picked out the 2 highlights of his game today but failed to mention anything else. Did you not see the number of times he stretched their defence wide and made more room for others in the middle, something we have been lacking in recent games. Did you not see the better delivery from corners and dead ball play. Just because we don't score every time he gets the ball doesn't mean he is ineffective. There were some good shifts put in yesterday by most of the team, including in my opinion, Luke Freeman. On this forum Freeman gets the same reaction as we used to give LJ when he played, so much of what they do goes unnoticed because it doesn't result in a goal. If the  goal boosts his confidence, then Bristol City will be a better side for it.

I thought he had a very good game, showed Paterson how to play on the wing correctly. He was more direct than usual, not as much stepovers as usual and tracked back to help out Matthews when needed then on top of that a beauty.

And I have been one of his biggest critics in the past but he did have a good game lets hope he can kick on now.

I do think Luke is an invaluable part of the team / squad.  Yes he needs to add more goals but he is a bubbly and positive character and one of those rare players who is both industrious and, on his day, a flair player. I think he provided the most assists of anyone in that storming promotion season from league 1.  He never goes missing and I think if he can knock in a few more goals his performances will flourish as he is a confidence player. 

Archived