IGNORED

O'Donnell

Smokey

52 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think from LJ's recent comments Lucic will now be our second keeper, it may be quite a while until we see ROD again

I believe LJ wants Lucic to be our first choice keeper .

The plan is to eventually sell him on for a big profit after showing the football world how good we are bringing on young players.

Frankie and ROD are far from the best keepers in this league but generally do a decent job .

Big things are expected of Lucic .

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 17:10, Fiale said:

Didn't Fielding have a nightmare home debut for us ?

Bradford - oddly he was in nosebleed territory too, albeit he rushed out needlessly. Perhaps had he took ROD's positioning he would have made the block. Had ROD's took his then he wouldn't have conceeded v Brighton. Moral of the story: all goalkeepers make mistakes and they typically get punished, deal with it.

Despite his undoubted poor form I still prefer ROD, by some way. However, if his confidence isn't right don't try and play him through it like we did when Fontaine lost his head. LJ has to show his man management skills with this one.

Agreed that you don't want to completely destroy his confidence. Not sure LJs comments have been particularly helpful in that regard.

Fielding is a better shot stopper but is small & can struggle on crosses. Has a longer kick but can be wayward. 

ROD better at commanding his area & dealing with crosses but can have fumble moments. Reasonable kick off his left foot.

Lucic relatively young for a keeper & a bit of an unknown quantity. Plenty of good young keepers have failed to really make the grade when it comes to stepping up to the top levels. Let's hope that's not the case for him...

Archived