IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Full nelson

I know I am going to be shot down for this but I don't care who a player played for before he plays for us if he plays well & does a job for us. I am sure that Arsenal fans didn't mind that Sol Campbell was a former Spurs player, but the Spurs fans hated it!

There are some on here who would rather not have a player from the Sags even if that player turned out to be an England international. I remember how much abuse we gave Lambert, how many on here said he was just a fat ****er who we would never want, but he got to the Premiership with Southampton, and played for England, all pretty well for a late developer. When did we last have a player leave us & achieve that? 

If Charlie Austin can make the jump from non-league to the England squad, so can others. I am not saying that is Matty Taylor, but at a reasonable price, he could be worth the punt. There is no doubt that the Sags wouldn't have got their back to back promotions without his goals.

4 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

There are some on here who would rather not have a player from the Sags even if that player turned out to be an England international. I remember how much abuse we gave Lambert, how many on here said he was just a fat ****er who we would never want, but he got to the Premiership with Southampton, and played for England, all pretty well for a late developer. When did we last have a player leave us & achieve that?

Andy Cole?

3 hours ago, kivsy said:

A no for me, showed his true colours , messing the gas about and the way he conducted himself with Oxford. Wouldn't pass the Johnson character test 

**** the Johnson character test, does he pass the goal scoring test? 

Probably. Is he good enough for championship? perhaps. Would they sell him to us? Would they **** as like. 

14 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

I know I am going to be shot down for this but I don't care who a player played for before he plays for us if he plays well & does a job for us. I am sure that Arsenal fans didn't mind that Sol Campbell was a former Spurs player, but the Spurs fans hated it!

If Charlie Austin can make the jump from non-league to the England squad, so can others. I am not saying that is Matty Taylor, but at a reasonable price, he could be worth the punt. There is no doubt that the Sags wouldn't have got their back to back promotions without his goals.

More recently than them Tom Heaton!

On 5 November 2016 at 20:41, Full nelson said:

I may be shot down for this but I'd offer Rovers £3million in January and put him up front with TA. I live in nailsworth and watch FGR when ever I can as City are my team. Matt Taylor was a player I banged on about 4 years ago! He's very similar to Sam baldock in that he is very good a stretching defences and is lethal in front of goal, would he come? Maybe not, but he is worth a punt. A very good talent, has proved himself at every level he's played and I would love to see him in red. 

I would definitely like him here......he is a very tidy player, not just a good finisher.

Anyone who doesn't want him because he is Rovers, grow up.

Anyone who doesn't want him because they thinks he isn't good enough then fair enough.

Imagine how the Rovers fans would feel if we nicked him! 

not sure what you require in a new striker (other than goals obviously) but Taylor is a very good link player as well. Has a great touch and pretty good in the air for a smaller guy (seems to hang there and direct his flick on's to his man).

He has improved immensely since the conference season. He was a tidy footballer but I think Marcus Stewart must have had a good hand on improving him

On 11/6/2016 at 10:41, ooRya said:

He has a buy out clause of about £360k

21 hours ago, ooRya said:

Prefer not to say, but it was from someone that would definitely know.

That would be limited to the player himself, his agent, probably the Chairman and their club secretary - otherwise just Chinese whispers

1 hour ago, Robert the bruce said:

The best of us make mistakes Robbo-believe me we do.

Of course we all make mistakes but it wasn't just LJ and MA that obviously didn't rate Taylor as a SBC standard player.

Other City scouts would have watched him and drew the same conclusion and advised LJ accordingly. 

Archived