IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Full nelson

I may be shot down for this but I'd offer Rovers £3million in January and put him up front with TA. I live in nailsworth and watch FGR when ever I can as City are my team. Matt Taylor was a player I banged on about 4 years ago! He's very similar to Sam baldock in that he is very good a stretching defences and is lethal in front of goal, would he come? Maybe not, but he is worth a punt. A very good talent, has proved himself at every level he's played and I would love to see him in red. 

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I may be shot down for this but I'd offer Rovers £3million in January and put him up front with TA. I live in nailsworth and watch FGR when ever I can as City are my team. Matt Taylor was a player I banged on about 4 years ago! He's very similar to Sam baldock in that he is very good a stretching defences and is lethal in front of goal, would he come? Maybe not, but he is worth a punt. A very good talent, has proved himself at every level he's played and I would love to see him in red. 

(A) 3m for a player who can leave on a free in July? Not likely. 

(B) why wouldn't he come? He's already shown he doesn't give a shit about the gas. And we have everything they don't. 

(C) I imagine we'll be after bigger fish. 

10 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

I'm going out on a limb here, but I guess you're not a financial advisor..??

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

(A) 3m for a player who can leave on a free in July? Not likely. 

(B) why wouldn't he come? He's already shown he doesn't give a shit about the gas. And we have everything they don't. 

(C) I imagine we'll be after bigger fish. 

(D) the thought of giving them anything for any of their players makes me feel quite ill! 

11 minutes ago, harrys said:

Wouldn't think twice about buying him if he's good enough

I guess we would win a few penalties at least, he knows how to go down regardless of being touched that looks realistic - our players would look like they dived even if someone pulled out a shotgun and blasted of thier heads.

12 hours ago, Full nelson said:

I'm with you mate.  I think he would score goals in the Championship and if that means we have to lay out some money rather than wait for him on a free, then I'd go for it.  Doesn't he have a release clause?

£3 million sounds a bit crazy, even in today's market, but I'd have no qualms if we signed him for anything from £750,0000 to a maximum of a million quid.

Would be quite satisfying and amusing to take one of the Sag's assets and then see him start scoring goals in a City shirt.

4 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

£3 million sounds a bit crazy, even in today's market, but I'd have no qualms if we signed him for anything from £750,0000 to a maximum of a million quid.

Would be quite satisfying and amusing to take one of the Sag's assets and then see him start scoring goals in a City shirt.

Why not we seem happy to pay 2 million for a striker and not play him.

46 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Quite .

If we had brought Taylor in pre-season I reckon he would have appearances/goals under his belt-far more help to us than Engval for sure..

I expect he would have, as Taylor hasn't had one, maybe two, ankle injuries and an illness which has made him lose a lot of weight and fitness.

Jury is still out on Engvall, obviously, but judge him in a few months, not now.

34 minutes ago, Hello said:

I would like to know as so many City fans seem to know he has a 1 year contract and x buy out clause.

not saying you are wrong but as it was an undiclosed contract it seems to have been told to a load of City fans appare.tly

I know Gasheads who believe the same thing although maybe they've just read it on here.

Like you I have no idea where people have got this information from. 

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm sure others have already said - City could have signed Taylor on a free in the summer. Obviously LJ nor MA considered signing him back then.

True, but now he's proven he can do it at a higher level now, so is nowhere near as big a gamble. Wouldn't be averse to it myself if the deal was right but it'll never happen. 

Archived