IGNORED

India v England

Super

it doesn't seem that long since England last played in India.

I thought we played the other nations in a cycle. Has England played Aus, NZ, SA, WI, Pak and some of the others since our last visit there? For example; it seems to be a long time since England last toured the Caribbean.

11 hours ago, 22A said:

it doesn't seem that long since England last played in India.

I thought we played the other nations in a cycle. Has England played Aus, NZ, SA, WI, Pak and some of the others since our last visit there? For example; it seems to be a long time since England last toured the Caribbean.

I think it used to work like that but I suspect money comes into it a lot more now (and Sky of course). The WI don`t have a pot to **** in so I doubt they can afford an England tour. The Ashes only used to be every two(?) years but every series v Australia is now one, no coincidence that that`s happened since Sky started covering cricket IMO.

Pakistan can`t play at home due to security problems but we did have a three test series against them in the UAE earlier in the year. I can`t remember the last time we toured NZ - they seem to just have one token test there when we go to Australia these days. I think we went to SA 2(?) years ago.

23 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Proper cricket this. Glorious digin

Absolutely. Bowled them out a session too early though, should have let them bat till tea I reckon.

Was there any mileage in trying to chase it down though? If this was our first innings we`d reckon to get 400+ so why not in our second? if we lost by 100 or so but went down fighting isn`t that better than trying to hold out for the draw which there`s every chance we won`t get.

20 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Absolutely. Bowled them out a session too early though, should have let them bat till tea I reckon.

Was there any mileage in trying to chase it down though? If this was our first innings we`d reckon to get 400+ so why not in our second? if we lost by 100 or so but went down fighting isn`t that better than trying to hold out for the draw which there`s every chance we won`t get.

If we had chased it down it would have been a world record.  Was never going to happen but even how bad we were this morning was a bit surprising!

Archived