IGNORED

India v England

Super

On 08/12/2016 at 20:43, Tomarse said:

Classic Indian tactics when 1-2 nill up is to create flat pitches for rest of series.. 

India have beaten pretty much everyone in recent times on their own country . It's a method that works for them

its not just England that struggle in the spinners paradise.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

India have beaten pretty much everyone in recent times on their own country . It's a method that works for them

its not just England that struggle in the spinners paradise.

Different story though when they play in England in conditions that favour the seamers.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Different story though when they play in England in conditions that favour the seamers.

True, but every other test playing nation except England create pitches that suit thier bowling attacks. That's exactly why India produce such ideal spinning surfaces.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Flying to Chennai tomorrow for the last test . Supposed to get train but it''s currently delayed by 8 hours. Up the England :thumbsup:

A huge Cyclone is at least a reasonable excuse for the delay! I would say enjoy the game but that probably isn't going to happen, so enjoy the beer!

England scoring 400 in the first innings in last test and then losing the match by an innings tells you why India are the current number one test side. That huge victory was against the worlds number two test team - England.

Currently, In their own country India are almost invincible. I can't see England winning a single test match in the sub continent. A draw possibly but I'm not holding my breath on that.

39 minutes ago, Robbored said:

England scoring 400 in the first innings in last test and then losing the match by an innings tells you why India are the current number one test side. That huge victory was against the worlds number two test team - England.

Currently, In their own country India are almost invincible. I can't see England winning a single test match in the sub continent. A draw possibly but I'm not holding my breath on that.

TBF to Mr Boycott he was saying this morning that 400 is just par and you need 550 or so to control the game. I don`t often agree with him but he is right on the money with that.

18 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

With the exception of Root, Bairstow & Stokes, England are just basically average.

Bowling is so toothless, watching the highlights now and witnessing India obliterate the attack is depressing.

Fair play to Karun, fantastic knock

England's pace bowlers are often ineffective in India because of the conditions and our sinners very rarely play on sinning wickets in the county game.

India play on such wickets in their domestic cricket which is why Aswin is the leading bowler in world cricket. They all know how do play in their own conditions. Theyve beaten every international team that played them in India and are the world number one test team. They are very hard to beat in their county.

Different story when they overseas especially in English conditions where the in and out pace swingers can be very effective. Anderson and Broad are fantastic at it.

Im not sure when India next have a test series over here but you can get it'll be a different story when they play us.

Dont forget that England are Escondido in ICC ranking and can't be as average as you're suggesting.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

England's pace bowlers are often ineffective in India because of the conditions and our sinners very rarely play on sinning wickets in the county game.

India play on such wickets in their domestic cricket which is why Aswin is the leading bowler in world cricket. They all know how do play in their own conditions. Theyve beaten every international team that played them in India and are the world number one test team. They are very hard to beat in their county.

Different story when they overseas especially in English conditions where the in and out pace swingers can be very effective. Anderson and Broad are fantastic at it.

Im not sure when India next have a test series over here but you can get it'll be a different story when they play us.

Dont forget that England are Escondido in ICC ranking and can't be as average as you're suggesting.

So what about Bangladesh? Up and coming side of course but nowhere near the same level as India. We could've lost the first test and we did lose the 2nd. The 3 players I've mentioned have bailed us out quite a few times in recent  times.

Lets also not forget that England beat India in India a couple of years back

7 hours ago, Tomarse said:

Innings defeat by tea looms 

I fully expect to put 5liveX on when I get in the car at ten to six tomorrow morning, about ten minutes before lunch over there, to find we are 4/5 down for about 120.

Hope I`m wrong but we just looked jaded and going through the motions today - Alistair Cook in particular. The last day of the last test in a very long tour and England fly home at 3am Wednesday morning Indian time.

I reckon they just want it over with.

19 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

So what about Bangladesh? Up and coming side of course but nowhere near the same level as India. We could've lost the first test and we did lose the 2nd. The 3 players I've mentioned have bailed us out quite a few times in recent  times.

Lets also not forget that England beat India in India a couple of years back

England haven't had a match winning spinner since Graeme Swan which is why we struggle in the sub continent.  Every other test teams struggle there as well.

Its dispointing of course but given India's recent climb to top status it's no surprise or disgrace.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As Vic Marks said on TMS it's hard to argue with the video analysis despite the fact his action looks perfectly orthodox.

What worries me is if they and try and change his action. England see to have a habit of over anyalising players action and pretty much ruining them. Steve Finn for starters.

Archived